+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
Man, you seems don’t know about it. I know a lot of refugees an all of them have received their passport back.
I already have the PR, I am just asking if I have to wait for it or do a letter.

While you are in a claimant they seize the passport, but after you have either removed or accepted for whatever be the mean, you will have your passport back.
Anyway, thanks for the numbers.
After notice of decision how long it took tk get pr card

edda deniz

Apr 16, 2023
my son is usa born and we applied refugee here, our 3 family members approved by canada as a protected person. while they have rejected our son becuase he was the only one who was usa ciitzen. how can i get his passport back. and what could we do for him now.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
After notice of decision how long it took tk get pr card
you need to apply for permanent residency first. you are just a protected person now you are not a permanent resident. and you need to be pr to get pr card. and for your son when you apply for pr you will put him on your application as a dependent. and the pr application may take 2 years and 6 months or less but more than likely a year or year and half.

Last edited:
Reactions: DamnYouDaria

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Getting my passport back soon:

January 25th I requested my passport back from IRCC etobicoke because they are the ones who took it when I claimed asylum. I emailed them (CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca) a letter and sent the same letter one week later by canada post (tracked).
In the letter I wrote my UCI, passport details, DOB, Name etc. and I attached my notice of seizure, copy of my passport that I am requesting and my eCoPR.

February 20th I followed up with another email and a Webform.

March 5th 2024 I got an email from IRCC etobicoke with an appointment letter to come pick up the passport (appointment date is March 21st 2024)

Hope this helps. also there are others who have detailed the process to get your passport back from CBSA in this thread.

Shenick77

Jun 8, 2020
my son is usa born and we applied refugee here, our 3 family members approved by canada as a protected person. while they have rejected our son becuase he was the only one who was usa ciitzen. how can i get his passport back. and what could we do for him now.
Go to the US Embassy and get a new passport. You will have to do it under lost or stolen but make sure you explain clearly that its not lost or stolen immigration has it. My son is now 15 we enter Canada when he was 9. I experience the same issue, last year I applied for a new US passport for him, no issues with the US embassy. They were very familiar with what was going on and very friendly, he got his new passport and was able to travel out side of Canada. when her returned he had no issue. I thought it would have affected his PR application but everything process as normal and we got our PR a few weeks ago with no issues, no delay in the processing time. I hope that information helps.