+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get charged while spouse sponsor processing...

krei_zie

May 28, 2015
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I have a question about getting charged while being sponsoring. Here is my situation.
In Jan 2015, I got charged of theft under $5000 (shoplifting 2 shirts at the Bay). I submited the spouse sponsor in February 2015 without saying anything about the charge in paperwork. In March 2015, I got a Withdrawn from The Crown.
Yesterday, I just got an email from Cic, they request me to re-inform of the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM5669).
What should I do to reinform all my information?
Is that case (have been withdrawn) effect to the sposoring procession?
Thank you so much.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I think the issue is that you had a charge in front of the courts but you lied about it on the background declaration which specifically asks if you have a charge in front of the courts. I'm guessing this came up during CIC's check so they are asking you to re-submit.

Lying more I don't think will help your case. You need to come clean and explain why you didn't include it the first time.

Keep in mind misrepresentation is a serious issue, and this could be construed that way.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
krei_zie said:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I have a question about getting charged while being sponsoring. Here is my situation.
In Jan 2015, I got charged of theft under $5000 (shoplifting 2 shirts at the Bay). I submited the spouse sponsor in February 2015 without saying anything about the charge in paperwork. In March 2015, I got a Withdrawn from The Crown.
Yesterday, I just got an email from Cic, they request me to re-inform of the Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM5669).
What should I do to reinform all my information?
Is that case (have been withdrawn) effect to the sposoring procession?
Thank you so much.
Seems to me that the charge appeared in the background check that immigration does for sponsor approval, I would suggest to come clean an explain make an explanation. If you don't inform you will be refused as sponsor. The fact that charges are withdrawn may help your case.

NR1987

Jan 5, 2016
getting charged with "theft under 5000"

Hello everyone,
My sister in law is a single mom, 28, a conventional refugee in montreal. She was caught shoplifting at a superstore worth 63$, and was given a notice for finger prints and a court appearance with a charge of theft u der 5000 and possession of goods under 5000$. She has applied for her PR 4 months back with her 8 year old son. She is very afraid now and i want to know if she will be deported for this reason.. Can anyone say what might be the maximum punishment for this? She has got the appointment for a legal aid lawyer but the lawyer doesnt say anything until the court date. She is having severe panick attacks and so stressed that she cant lead a normal life. PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE..

Waiting earnestly for a reply

Thanks

M

mikeymyke

NR1987 said:
Hello everyone,
My sister in law is a single mom, 28, a conventional refugee in montreal. She was caught shoplifting at a superstore worth 63$, and was given a notice for finger prints and a court appearance with a charge of theft u der 5000 and possession of goods under 5000$. She has applied for her PR 4 months back with her 8 year old son. She is very afraid now and i want to know if she will be deported for this reason.. Can anyone say what might be the maximum punishment for this? She has got the appointment for a legal aid lawyer but the lawyer doesnt say anything until the court date. She is having severe panick attacks and so stressed that she cant lead a normal life. PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE..

Waiting earnestly for a reply

Thanks
I think she should be fine, since it doesn't appear to be a "serious" crime. However, CIC's definition of serious crime is not really clear, but some people noted that it's a crime that results in a 6 month sentence or longer. I don't think theft under $5000 will land you in jail for that long, however theft over $5000 very well can, as you can see in my link below:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/05/13/10-serious-crimes-that-could-get-permanent-residents-kicked-out-of-canada.html