+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Germany PCC Timeline

UK03

Mar 23, 2023
Hello,
I've applied for Germany PCC from Canada, I sent my application form to "Bundesamt für Justiz" Bonn, Germany on 28th March 2023 but I haven't received PCC yet. Tried reaching out to Bundesamt via call and they responded that they have no way to confirm if my application is received by them. I need to submit my document in next 15 days else my PR ita will expire. Anyone has applied for Germany PCC recently from Canada? please advise what can I do further.

UK03

Mar 23, 2023
Hey, you cannot do anything. It took almost 4 weeks to receive pcc for me earlier this year.
Thanks for reply. Did you just send certified application form and payment receipt to them? or any other document as well, we need to send?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
I was in a similar situation(overseas but not from Canada), never got my PCC. Never knew the reason, maybe the files cannot be sent through express delivery, only snail mail, maybe some interchanging bank screwed up my bank transfer for the fee, maybe they ignored my application because I included a letter of expaination in english. So after 2 months of waiting, I found this laywer/agent guy in Germany, and I sent a new application to him via DHL. He helped with the bank transfer and mailed in my application. The PCC was mailed to him after 11 calender days, and he emailed me a scanned copy.

Did you account for bank transfer fees when wiring the 13 euro transfer fee, or let a friend with a german bank account help out? Did you get a signature from the embassy/notary public on your application? Did you include a letter requesting the certificate be sent to a german address(such as a friend's address so they could scan you the file)? It's honestly quite frustrating because you can never know what went wrong with your application.

I was told it usually takes 2~3 weeks for the police certificate to be issued, so maybe you were just unlucky with processing times and mail? But I guess you should at least make your best attempt, so that in the case where you can't get your police certificate on time, you can include good evidence that you tried to IRCC.

UK03

Mar 23, 2023
I was in a similar situation(overseas but not from Canada), never got my PCC. Never knew the reason, maybe the files cannot be sent through express delivery, only snail mail, maybe some interchanging bank screwed up my bank transfer for the fee, maybe they ignored my application because I included a letter of expaination in english. So after 2 months of waiting, I found this laywer/agent guy in Germany, and I sent a new application to him via DHL. He helped with the bank transfer and mailed in my application. The PCC was mailed to him after 11 calender days, and he emailed me a scanned copy.

Did you account for bank transfer fees when wiring the 13 euro transfer fee, or let a friend with a german bank account help out? Did you get a signature from the embassy/notary public on your application? Did you include a letter requesting the certificate be sent to a german address(such as a friend's address so they could scan you the file)? It's honestly quite frustrating because you can never know what went wrong with your application.

I was told it usually takes 2~3 weeks for the police certificate to be issued, so maybe you were just unlucky with processing times and mail? But I guess you should at least make your best attempt, so that in the case where you can't get your police certificate on time, you can include good evidence that you tried to IRCC.
Hello, I got my signature certified from Notary public in Canada and paid fees of 13 Euros via German back account. It's been a month and they haven't issued PCC yet. I even don't know if they have received my documents to issue PCC. At least they should confirm that docs are received and they will issue the certificate of good conduct. Do you mind sharing the German agent details so that I can contact him too? thanks

Jwie24

Aug 28, 2020
Thanks for reply. Did you just send certified application form and payment receipt to them? or any other document as well, we need to send?
Yes, I did send the certified copy, receipt and copies of my passport. I tried to contact them. After it was issued they did let me know that it is in the mail. I applied for two pcc just in case one gets lost. The first letter was here after 4 weeks. The second letter took 6 weeks and I applied the second only a week later.

Reactions: Yodm

UK03

Mar 23, 2023
Yes, I did send the certified copy, receipt and copies of my passport. I tried to contact them. After it was issued they did let me know that it is in the mail. I applied for two pcc just in case one gets lost. The first letter was here after 4 weeks. The second letter took 6 weeks and I applied the second only a week later.
I did not send the copies of my passport as it was not mentioned on their official website :( I believe - I'll have to decline my PR invitation due to delayed Germany PCC :(

Jwie24

Aug 28, 2020
I did not send the copies of my passport as it was not mentioned on their official website :( I believe - I'll have to decline my PR invitation due to delayed Germany PCC :(
i think you can call for extension of PR invitation…

indukings

Apr 15, 2023
i think you can call for extension of PR invitation…
Hi there,
Same situation- didnt recieve after waiting 2 months. I went ahead and submitted without the German PCC and attached and explanation and proofs. I called this Bonn office and got a copy mailed to a relative in Germany (it took only 1 week). Had to pay 13 Euros again, but this is the easiest way. If you can get someone who knows German to talk to these people and explain situation to get a copy delivered, they maybe more helpful I feel. All the best!

UK03

Mar 23, 2023
Hi there,
Same situation- didnt recieve after waiting 2 months. I went ahead and submitted without the German PCC and attached and explanation and proofs. I called this Bonn office and got a copy mailed to a relative in Germany (it took only 1 week). Had to pay 13 Euros again, but this is the easiest way. If you can get someone who knows German to talk to these people and explain situation to get a copy delivered, they maybe more helpful I feel. All the best!
For me the problem is - they even haven't issued yet. If they confirm they have sent then I can request them to deliver to Germany address. I have friends and colleague there.

Yodm

Feb 8, 2022
Hi, please did you select the Apostille/Overauthentication or it's not needed for IRCC? Also is the €13 the only amount or we need to pay for postage and Bank transfer charges. Thanks in advance

UK03

Mar 23, 2023
Hi, please did you select the Apostille/Overauthentication or it's not needed for IRCC? Also is the €13 the only amount or we need to pay for postage and Bank transfer charges. Thanks in advance
Hi, I did not select the Over authentication, I just paid 13 Euros via German Bank. I sent my documents ( notarized application form + payment receipt) from Canada on 21st March and received PCC on 11th May.

Yodm

Feb 8, 2022
Hi, I did not select the Over authentication, I just paid 13 Euros via German Bank. I sent my documents ( notarized application form + payment receipt) from Canada on 21st March and received PCC on 11th May.
Thank you so much. This is really helpful.