+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Genuine marriage interview

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey everyone

I just thought I would start I new thread regarding this question as it might help someone else with the same issue:

So I’m prepared to go for an interview this interview is to make sure the marriage is real my application is inland and I’m sponsoring my wife so here is the question:

My wife’s English is poor in terms of speaking but is good in terms of understanding and writing so we are defently planning on bringing an interpreter to the interview so

Can I bring a friend to the interview as an interpreter?

The reason why I’m asking this is because I’m afraid I make arrangements with an interpreter and he/she doesn’t show up for some reason

Or the interpreter doesn’t translate the answers to the IO questions using the right words as I have heard stories where people had poor experiences at interviews where there were interpreters involved.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I'd check if I were you; you may have to pick your interpreter from a list of interpreters approved by CIC.

When my wife received her letter inviting her to an interview, the embassy attached a list of approved interpreters to choose from.

What I'd like to know is, could one simply come to the interview waiting room without an interpreter, and hire one on the spot as he/she emerges from a previous interview? You could strike a good deal this way. :)

Material

Feb 16, 2011
toby said:
I'd check if I were you; you may have to pick your interpreter from a list of interpreters approved by CIC.

When my wife received her letter inviting her to an interview, the embassy attached a list of approved interpreters to choose from.

What I'd like to know is, could one simply come to the interview waiting room without an interpreter, and hire one on the spot as he/she emerges from a previous interview? You could strike a good deal this way. :)
Hey

I think its different when its an outland application on the letter they sent us it says the following :

Should you both need an interpreter please note

a)If an interpreter is not certified 2 interpreters will be required

b)If interpreter is certified only 1 is required.

But I dont need an interpreter only my wife needs one so Im guessing that I could just bring one that is not certified

nylalisa

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
31-01-2011 (additional doc request)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
06-01-2011
Med's Request
30-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Interview........
30-03-2011 (Passed and approved same day)
Passport Req..
01-25-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2011 (Received 09-04-2011)
LANDED..........
13-04-2011
I got my interview letter today, it said that the interpreter had to a certified interpreter. They gave a list of people we could call.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nylalisa said:
I got my interview letter today, it said that the interpreter had to a certified interpreter. They gave a list of people we could call.
Thanks, I'm glad that I learnt something today :)

+1

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Material said:
I think its different when its an outland application on the letter they sent us it says the following :

Should you both need an interpreter please note

a)If an interpreter is not certified 2 interpreters will be required

b)If interpreter is certified only 1 is required.

But I dont need an interpreter only my wife needs one so Im guessing that I could just bring one that is not certified
Don't count on this! I'm pretty sure they didn't mean that since only one of you requires an interpreter, then you can use an uncertified one. Check with the visa office, but I think you need a certified interpreter, or two uncertified.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
canadianwoman said:
Don't count on this! I'm pretty sure they didn't mean that since only one of you requires an interpreter, then you can use an uncertified one. Check with the visa office, but I think you need a certified interpreter, or two uncertified.
Im just going to get a certified one to be on the safe side !!

Thanks