+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Generic Application Form IMM 0008 Help

joshuaaron

Jan 16, 2020
Hey all,
Filling out IMM 0008 for my application and have a few questions on some of the criteria.

I am the sole applicant for this, and filling out myself. For the Dependants section, my only family member is my mother, and she will not be joining me here. Do I need to add her to this section or can I leave this blank?
There is a notice here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. '

But my mother is not a dependant. So I'm a little confused

mkgb

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Hey all,
Filling out IMM 0008 for my application and have a few questions on some of the criteria.

I am the sole applicant for this, and filling out myself. For the Dependants section, my only family member is my mother, and she will not be joining me here. Do I need to add her to this section or can I leave this blank?
There is a notice here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

Important
You must list all family members in your application for permanent residence, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not. '

But my mother is not a dependant. So I'm a little confused
You must include your parents (father and mother), even if they are no more.

joshuaaron

Jan 16, 2020
Okay sure, but they are not dependants of me so this doesn't still answer that question. Would I fill out this information in another form/section?

mkgb

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Sorry about my earlier comment on your question. There is no place to fill out your parents details in the form IMM008. It seems you will have to provide it in the Form IMM5669 and IMM5406.