+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General Alberta Express Entry Stream (AINP)

Anik94

Dec 28, 2021
The General Alberta Express Entry Stream states that having a job letter or experience in Alberta is required. It does not mention any specific NOCs.So my question is that:
Am I eligible to apply under this stream working in Tim Horton. I have studied Engineering in Alberta but unfortunately did not get a job in the related field. So, can I apply to this stream with Tim Horton's job? Thanks in advance. My PGWP will expire soon so I am really in big trouble.

https://www.canadavisa.com/alberta-express-entry-stream.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The General Alberta Express Entry Stream states that having a job letter or experience in Alberta is required. It does not mention any specific NOCs.So my question is that:
Am I eligible to apply under this stream working in Tim Horton. I have studied Engineering in Alberta but unfortunately did not get a job in the related field. So, can I apply to this stream with Tim Horton's job? Thanks in advance. My PGWP will expire soon so I am really in big trouble.

https://www.canadavisa.com/alberta-express-entry-stream.html
You don’t need a job offer for the EE-AINP stream. To be eligible for EE, you need a skilled NOC. A job offer is not necessary but gives you a higher chance. For AINP, they select certain NOCs (which they don’t publish) and CRS scores. If they require your NOC (in demand), it may be selected.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream.aspx

Reactions: Anik94

Anik94

Dec 28, 2021
Thank You for your response. Can you please suggest to me what I should do now? Is there any easier PNP option in another province that I should go for?
My work permit will be expiring this November so I am really in big trouble at the moment.
Again many many thanks for your time and suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank You for your response. Can you please suggest to me what I should do now? Is there any easier PNP option in another province that I should go for?
My work permit will be expiring this November so I am really in big trouble at the moment.
Again many many thanks for your time and suggestions.
There is no easy PNP program. You need to research what PNP programs you are eligible based on your CRS score, NOC, job offer etc. You have until November so there is time.

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
Hi,

It has been mentioned on the Alberta website that this criterion may increase the likelihood of being assessed or nominated on Alberta Express Entry Stream selection:

"Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta”

I have a sister-in-law and mother-in-law that are permanent residents living in Alberta. Is sister in law(not blood sister) or mother in law(not blood mother) can be considered in the above criterion?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

It has been mentioned on the Alberta website that this criterion may increase the likelihood of being assessed or nominated on Alberta Express Entry Stream selection:

"Having a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta”

I have a sister-in-law and mother-in-law that are permanent residents living in Alberta. Is sister in law(not blood sister) or mother in law(not blood mother) can be considered in the above criterion?
As listed they needed to be your own "parent, child, brother and/or sister".

A sister-in-law and a mother-in-law is not the same. If they are your spouse's family, can your spouse apply instead (well if he/she has similar "points") ?

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
As listed they needed to be your own "parent, child, brother and/or sister".

A sister-in-law and a mother-in-law is not the same. If they are your spouse's family, can your spouse apply instead (well if he/she has similar "points") ?
Thank you for response. Actually I am international student in Ontario. My sister and My mother have PR and are living in Alberta. Am I eligible for this program now during my education in another province with temporary residence status?