+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
As far as I know, only a tiny proportion of SS are process for more than a year. We shouldn't have very high expectations in order to avoid disappointment, but we shouldn't scare ourselves by thinking we are the 1% of extremely complicated and protracted cases either.
Oh well then i am in that 1%...

nathan_2010

Sep 9, 2019
I got a reply from London VO like this ."Your application is in progress, undergoing necessary background checks. We are unable to advise on timelines, as length of time can vary based on a number of factors."

What does this exactly mean.Is this a generic reply?

Thnaks

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that. Most of us on this thread are probably in the same boat. What I mean is this thread may give us some false impression that many people are enduring SS that is longer than a year, and this is because this thread is dedicated to this topic, so all the people coming here are actually experiencing super long SS, creating an untrue impression that the percentage of long SS is very high. However, if we look at the whole picture (all EE applications), I am sure longer-than-one-year SS is the absolute minority.
It is the attitude that matters in the long wait. Whether you are optimistic or anxious, the official process won't be influenced at all. and I also believe that unusual cases are in the minority. I have a friend who doesn't even know anything about SS, while he is still waiting for approval after 9 months. I hope we can all be the majority in the minority who can get ss done in 6-8 months.
According to the IRCC call centre representative, SS can take between 3 months to 2 years, based on several factors, such as which agent is dealing with your case, how many cases in front of you, how complicated their cases are.... etc.
But 2 years is an extreme......(I guess).

nathan_2010

Sep 9, 2019
Usually, security only starts after eligibility is passed, so it is highly likely that your eligibility check is over by the time you received this reply, but you cannot be 100% sure unless you order GCMS notes or call the IRCC call center.
Thanks for your quick response. I had received two ghost updates two months back.During the first Ghost update the bg message changed from " We are processing ..." to " Your application is in progress" and during the second ghost update it went back to the initial message. Dont know whether there is any meaning for this .

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thanks for your quick response. I had received two ghost updates two months back.During the first Ghost update the bg message changed from " We are processing ..." to " Your application is in progress" and during the second ghost update it went back to the initial message. Dont know whether there is any meaning for this .
Same happened to me in May. Now I know that the first update was passing eligibility and the second was beginning of security. SS is generally faster these days, most people are getting done in 7-8 months.

Reactions: iamhammad

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
You are right. I didn't even know this SS thing before I received a CV request from IRCC when I was around 1 month into the process. I also hope that we can be the lucky majority of this unlucky minority and have our SS cleared between 6 and 8 months. By the way, I feel that IRCC call center agents refused to disclose any details about security. When I called then earlier, they were very happy to provide details on my criminality and eligibility, but they became reluctant to say anything when I called them again after I entered the security stage.
Probably they don't have a lot of information regarding security check.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
So basically your SS was done in around 5 months? That is encouraging! Did you see a ghost update when it was completed? I do feel that generally SS can be done between 5-8 months this year.
Yes it was completed in 5 months and few days. I received a ghost update indicating its completed and next morning I got remedical request. Good thing about LVO is that once security is cleared everything happens pretty fast.

Reactions: baltzly and ssa268

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
I'm sorry to hear that. Most of us on this thread are probably in the same boat. What I mean is this thread may give us some false impression that many people are enduring SS that is longer than a year, and this is because this thread is dedicated to this topic, so all the people coming here are actually experiencing super long SS, creating an untrue impression that the percentage of long SS is very high. However, if we look at the whole picture (all EE applications), I am sure longer-than-one-year SS is the absolute minority.
2 years now...