+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Hello everyone. I just got my GCMS and i noticed S16 is written on 3/4pages. However, my security has not started yet (as stated on page 2 of the note). Does that mean i'm in comprehensive security screening?
Not start mean VO haven’t look in your background yet so basically your are not under comprehensive security.

Reactions: WunmiofLagos

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes you are right. In my case, my SS was initiated one day after eligibility was passed. I hope once they get results from CBSA, they will finalize the application soon without any delay.. Having said that, the majority of our wait time is still spent during CBSA's processing of our SS, so CBSA plays a key role in freaking us out:)
Just for sharing, I received CSIS note today and I found that they received CBSA request for security screening on 26 June and their recommendation was sent to CBSA on 20 October. From this now I understand how my security check process and timeline :
1) Security check start (initiated) : 20 March 2019
2) VO Agent write in the note that application send for CSS on 27 May 2019
3) Security screening start and process by CBSA on 26 June 2019
4) CSIS received request from CBSA for security screening on 26 June 2019
5) CSIS complete the security screening and sent their recommendation to CBSA on 20 October 2019
6) On 24 October I called IRCC and kind agent told me that IRCC received from CBSA before two days so I guess CBSA send their recommendation to IRCC on 22 October 2019 ( I’m still waiting for CBSA note to be sure)
7 ) I received re-medical check request on 20 November 2019 ( I guess my security check was done on 19 or 20 November )

From this timeline my security took 8 months to complete but my comprehensive security screening was only 3 months and 25 days . As you can see most time was because of VO so I believe VO behavior is matter

Last edited:

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thank you for the complete timeline. So your CSS started almost 2 months after your security was initiated? I think my CSS started the same time as security itself. Also, if your entire security was from March 20 to November, then it is around 8 months right?
three months, security initiated on 20 March and CSS on 26 June. You are right , total is 8 months

Last edited:

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
I hope you will receive it sooner than me as your SS was initiated a little earlier than mine:) I will definitely post here if there is an update or the email comes through:)
Hey, I ordered CBSA note but I have not received it yet. Do you remember how long did it take for you to receive it?

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hey

It took around 41 days for my CBSA notes to arrive, and 42 days for CSIS notes to come.

Happy 4-month anniversary! we are officially into the 5th month of the processing period.
Thanks!
Haha.. I hope we won't have to celebrate the 10th one :))

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thank you for your valuable information on security screening! According to my notes, my security was "created" the same day I passed medical exam and RCMP screening (August 23) , but my real security screening started one day after I passed eligibility (Sept 5), so if I turn out to have the a similar pattern to yours, then I should see my SS complete in the next three months. Since CSIS was still doing my screening, they didn't provide the starting and completion dates of their involvement in the last set of notes they released, so I don't know how long it took for CBSA to send request to CSIS (in your case it took a month). It is encouraging to see CBSA finalized your case very soon after they received reports from CSIS. At least they didn't waste any time in this step.
Hope they finalize yours by January :)

Reactions: baltzly

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Just for sharing, I received CSIS note today and I found that they received CBSA request for security screening on 26 June and their recommendation was sent to CBSA on 20 October. From this now I understand how my security check process and timeline :
1) Security check start (initiated) : 20 March 2019
2) VO Agent write in the note that application send for CSS on 27 May 2019
3) Security screening start and process by CBSA on 26 June 2019
4) CSIS received request from CBSA for security screening on 26 June 2019
5) CSIS complete the security screening and sent their recommendation to CBSA on 20 October 2019
6) On 24 October I called IRCC and kind agent told me that IRCC received from CBSA before two days so I guess CBSA send their recommendation to IRCC on 22 October 2019 ( I’m still waiting for CBSA note to be sure)
7 ) I received re-medical check request on 20 November 2019 ( I guess my security check was done on 19 or 20 November )

From this timeline my security took 8 months to complete but my comprehensive security screening was only 3 months and 25 days . As you can see most time was because of VO so I believe VO behavior is matter
Really glad to see your security check timeline.
The CSIS processing time in particular is very valuable as it pretty rare to find that info.

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Hi friends ,
I sent CBSA request note last week , just got email from them saying :
We acknowledge receipt of your Privacy Act request. Your request reads:

CBSA note for my immigration file. My Name Is: ** - Date of Birth: ** - Application No:## - UCI No: ** My spouse (dependent applicant) name is: ** - Date of Birth:** Application No: ##- UCI No: **

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time, as we require additional information. Please provide our office with the following:

Do you want your application records only for ## (my application number) ? OR do you want your entire CBSA immigration file?
Please be advised that your request will remain on hold until we receive the necessary information. We will keep your file in abeyance for 30 days. Should you not communicate with our office we will consider you request as abandoned.

The Canada Border Services Agency is committed to assist you with your request and will ensure that every reasonable effort is made to help you receive a complete, accurate and timely response. More information about the Principles for Assisting Applicants is available on our website, http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-a

Should you have any questions concerning your request, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned at or by email at , using our file number as a reference.

Note that we recommend you send personal information through regular mail or courier, as email and fax transmissions are not secure unless they are encrypted and password protected.

any advise what should I do ?

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Should I write back Request entire CBSA immigration file include ##(my application number) ? And reply it back to same e-mail ? what’s the different from entire immigration file and my application for pr I don’t think I any other immigration file !

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Should I write back Request entire CBSA immigration file include ##(my application number) ? And reply it back to same e-mail ? what’s the different from entire immigration file and my application for pr I don’t think I any other immigration file !
It was happened with me and I told them my PR application then after almost 30 days I received it via mail