+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Yah , my medical check was submitted on 27 November and I’m waiting for DM and PPR. I called IRCC yesterday and nice lady confirmed that eligibility,criminality,security and medical passed but still no DM yet .o_O
your ss is so fast. my ss started at July 7th, but still no news ... saddd

johanex

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
29-06-2019
Hello,

How to know that you are in SS without ordering GCMS ?
Can the call center agent tell me if I'm in SS ?

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hello,

How to know that you are in SS without ordering GCMS ?
Can the call center agent tell me if I'm in SS ?
I called IRCC and the representative told me that I am under security check. They also told me that everything else has passed. They told me that my security check was initiated in the end of June.
I got my GCMS note yesterday and all of the information was confirmed.
It took them 3.5 months to send me the GCMS notes, so I think you had better call the agent before ordering the notes.

Hope this helps.

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Keep in touch!!! Hope the good news is around the corner!

Btw: I have never received any ghost update... nothing at all, expect an ADR in April.
Is it normal?
Yes, it is normal.

GU is just meaningless.

I believe you have ordered notes, as long as it looks good in there. You are fine !

Rishab mehta

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Just for sharing, I received CSIS note today and I found that they received CBSA request for security screening on 26 June and their recommendation was sent to CBSA on 20 October. From this now I understand how my security check process and timeline :
1) Security check start (initiated) : 20 March 2019
2) VO Agent write in the note that application send for CSS on 27 May 2019
3) Security screening start and process by CBSA on 26 June 2019
4) CSIS received request from CBSA for security screening on 26 June 2019
5) CSIS complete the security screening and sent their recommendation to CBSA on 20 October 2019
6) On 24 October I called IRCC and kind agent told me that IRCC received from CBSA before two days so I guess CBSA send their recommendation to IRCC on 22 October 2019 ( I’m still waiting for CBSA note to be sure)
7 ) I received re-medical check request on 20 November 2019 ( I guess my security check was done on 19 or 20 November )

From this timeline my security took 8 months to complete but my comprehensive security screening was only 3 months and 25 days . As you can see most time was because of VO so I believe VO behavior is matter
Do everybody goes through the comprehensive security screening?
How did one know that they are in CSS
Without ordering GCMS notes.
Thank for your response.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Do everybody goes through the comprehensive security screening?
How did one know that they are in CSS
Without ordering GCMS notes.
Thank for your response.
As I know all applicants goes through normal security check but few who face comprehensive one. The only way to be sure is CBSA note

Marylinn

Dec 16, 2019
Yah , my medical check was submitted on 27 November and I’m waiting for DM and PPR. I called IRCC yesterday and nice lady confirmed that eligibility,criminality,security and medical passed but still no DM yet .o_O
Can we call ircc for updates?