+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Just for sharing, I received CSIS note today and I found that they received CBSA request for security screening on 26 June and their recommendation was sent to CBSA on 20 October. From this now I understand how my security check process and timeline :
1) Security check start (initiated) : 20 March 2019
2) VO Agent write in the note that application send for CSS on 27 May 2019
3) Security screening start and process by CBSA on 26 June 2019
4) CSIS received request from CBSA for security screening on 26 June 2019
5) CSIS complete the security screening and sent their recommendation to CBSA on 20 October 2019
6) On 24 October I called IRCC and kind agent told me that IRCC received from CBSA before two days so I guess CBSA send their recommendation to IRCC on 22 October 2019 ( I’m still waiting for CBSA note to be sure)
7 ) I received re-medical check request on 20 November 2019 ( I guess my security check was done on 19 or 20 November )

From this timeline my security took 8 months to complete but my comprehensive security screening was only 3 months and 25 days . As you can see most time was because of VO so I believe VO behavior is matter
This is probably the most detailed and clear thread about security check I have ever seen. Thank you so much Yoyo.
Are you applying from outside Canada? (I didn't know that the medical check can expire )

Reactions: YoYo81

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Now I feel that more and more people are under SS. I am part of the 2019 August eAOR group, and by now only 4% of us have received PPR. We are already in the fifth month after AOR, and I don't think most of our applications are still in the eligibility stage. The only plausible explanation for this situation is the increasing number of applications sent for SS.
Yes, I agree. I think the trend is more and more applications are sent for security screen. I have a friend whose AOR was in Mar 2019 and we were both sent to ss.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
This is probably the most detailed and clear thread about security check I have ever seen. Thank you so much Yoyo.
Are you applying from outside Canada? (I didn't know that the medical check can expire )
Yes, I’m outland applicant. Medical validity is one year , when it’s expired for the inland VO just extend the validity. For the outland sometimes VO do the same sometimes not.

Reactions: ssa268

ssa268

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
I have anecdotally heard that in the past ,around 20-25% of applications were sent to SS, but now I feel the percentage is at least 30-40% based on the information available on this forum.
The thing makes it worse is that it took them forever to complete the ss... that's painful...

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Then they must have made some uniform changes to the online format
Hey, what is the status of your application? As far as I remember they asked your CV back in June. Did you order any note (CBSA, GCMS, CSIS)? Are your application being processed in Sydney as well?

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hey, what is the status of your application? As far as I remember they asked your CV back in June. Did you order any note (CBSA, GCMS, CSIS)? Are your application being processed in Sydney as well?
Hi yes, it is at the Sydney office. No update on my account yet. How about you?

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
Don't get your hopes high after few months you're SS will be done it can take yearsss.