+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
Yesterday I called IRCC call centre. The agent told me that my security has been completed and the file is in the queue for the officer for final review. I asked her how long will it take to have it approved she said she cannot tell this. I also asked her when was the security completed she mentioned December. When I called them previously on 13 Dec, they had mentioned that they can see that the security part is not completed at the moment.

I called up IRCC again today afternoon(just to reconfirm what I heard yesterday lol :)
This lady said it is confirmed that security is now Passed. Waiting for final approval from the officer now.
So happy for you, congratulations !!!!

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Yesterday I called IRCC call centre. The agent told me that my security has been completed and the file is in the queue for the officer for final review. I asked her how long will it take to have it approved she said she cannot tell this. I also asked her when was the security completed she mentioned December. When I called them previously on 13 Dec, they had mentioned that they can see that the security part is not completed at the moment.

I called up IRCC again today afternoon(just to reconfirm what I heard yesterday lol :)
This lady said it is confirmed that security is now Passed. Waiting for final approval from the officer now.
I have the exact same activities with you since June, but no progress, not a little bit, security screening is still in progress. It’s been almost 7 months in SS.

Mudassir.a

Dec 2, 2017

Congratulations @bimale4bipeople !

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have the exact same activities with you since June, but no progress, not a little bit, security screening is still in progress. It’s been almost 7 months in SS.
I ordered CBSA, CSIS and GCMS notes on 26 Nov (6 month anniversary under SS)
I received the CBSA notes end of Dec.
Day before yesterday I received the CSIS notes(date stamp on it was 21 Dec) it says that my securtiy screening is still ongoing :(

This prompted me to call IRCC again yesterday afternoon (ironically I made the call around 5:30pm and got to speak to an agent by 6:15pm, they were still working strange eh)

I still have not received the gcms notes :eek:

Reactions: annevn8

Fahdalimirza

Sep 23, 2016
Hey man. I got CSIS notes today. The notes say that my SS is still in progress. I faxed letter to MP Ralph Goodale twice requesting to look at my issue. But haven’t received any response to date, let alone acknowledgement.

I really am looking to file writ. Daily I look up the cases at CanLii Database and try to draft a list of competent lawyers. Many have recommended me to wait for a year after SS. I really don’t know what to do. The cost for writ of mandamus will range from 2k to 4k CAD as per the quotes I got after contacting different lawyers.

In the meanwhile I keep ordering notes to have a repository full of evidence in case I go ahead for writ of mandamus. Calling IRCC won’t help man. I’m telling you. We have to come up with a concrete strategy.

The other options we have available are writing to the director of CSIS and filing a complaint with SIRC.

Also, would you mind contacting me at +923419774070 via WhatsApp so we can discuss it through?
hi thr. im stuck in SS since dec 2017. my consultant in pakistan is lalani associates. im thinking of asking it to file writ of mandamus or if he is not eligible then i will change to someone else and file. plz anyone else in same boat since 12 months and thinking of mandamus, whatsapp on 03028403222 in pakistan

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Day before yesterday I received the CSIS notes(date stamp on it was 21 Dec) it says that my securtiy screening is still ongoing :(

This prompted me to call IRCC again yesterday afternoon (ironically I made the call around 5:30pm and got to speak to an agent by 6:15pm, they were still working strange eh)

Maybe you should check the date that CSIS issued the notes, I think it should be before the day you called IRCC, then it all makes sense!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe you should check the date that CSIS issued the notes, I think it should be before the day you called IRCC, then it all makes sense!
That’s what I said time stamp on the CSIS letter was 21 Dec.
In fact on the CBSA notes which I received end of Dec, I see under ADMISSIBILITY that there was an update on 8 Aug and I understand that’s where the “in progress” activity started. So CSIS should have completed there evaluation by then and handed over to CBSA for further processing.
The CSIS letter I got in early Aug had the exact same wording wrt to the letter I received day before yesterday

Letter then and now has this wording
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/page-491#post-7320735

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
In fact on the CBSA notes which I received end of Dec, I see under ADMISSIBILITY that there was an update on 8 Aug and I understand that’s where the “in progress” activity started. So CSIS should have completed there evaluation by then and handed over to CBSA for further processing.
The CSIS letter I got in early Aug had the exact same wording wrt to the letter I received day before yesterday

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/page-491#post-7320735
This is beyond my knowledge, but hope you good luck anyway!

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug

Did your SS start in July?