+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey bud, got my CBSA notes last night. According to it, my file was sent to CBSA on 14/03/18 and they only started working on it from 25/06/18. Now the million dollar question here is that how long they'll take to finalise it :(
Hey Reykhan... from the CBSA notes.... what do the ACTIVITY 1-4 say ? I beileve the ACTIVITY 5 will be Security and status in progress...

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
So BG check started on September 22, 2017. Confirmed from notes that SS started on 05 January, 2018. According to the 10-12 month SS trend, my application should be in it's final stages right about now.

I sent an email inquiring about the status of my application and got the following reply:

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Does that mean SS is done and my application is back at the VO waiting final approval? If so, when can I expect a PPR? Has anyone seen a case like this before? @legalfalcon maybe you can share your input.

many thanks guys

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So BG check started on September 22, 2017. Confirmed from notes that SS started on 05 January, 2018. According to the 10-12 month SS trend, my application should be in it's final stages right about now.

I sent an email inquiring about the status of my application and got the following reply:

Does that mean SS is done and my application is back at the VO waiting final approval? If so, when can I expect a PPR? Has anyone seen a case like this before? @legalfalcon maybe you can share your input.

many thanks guys
The replies are usually generic so I would not read too much into it. If your reports from CBSA and CSIS have been submitted to IRCC, then you should have your PPR in a few weeks.

To ascertain for sure if you need CBSA and CSIS report.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Hey Reykhan... from the CBSA notes.... what do the ACTIVITY 1-4 say ? I beileve the ACTIVITY 5 will be Security and status in progress...
Bro i've only got 4 security activities and this is their order.

Activity 1: in progress by CBSA
Activity 2: received by CBSA
Activity 3: submit "security screening"
Activity 4: not started "security screening"

My activities 5 & 6 are biographic and selection EE Econ (both passed) respectively. Activity 7 is "security" ready to be assessed.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Bro i've only got 4 security activities and this is their order.

Activity 1: in progress by CBSA
Activity 2: received by CBSA
Activity 3: submit "security screening"
Activity 4: not started "security screening"

My activities 5 & 6 are biographic and selection EE Econ (both passed) respectively. Activity 7 is "security" ready to be assessed.
As per the CBSA(ordered 19 July) notes I received I had the following description:

ACTIVITY 1

Sub Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening
New Value: Received by CBSA
ACTIVITY 2
New Value: Submit
ACTIVITY 3
New Value: Not Started
ACTIVITY 4
Sub Activity/Activity Type: Security
New Value: In Progress

AoR - 6 Apr
Eligibility, Criminality Passed - 26 May
SS Start - 26 May

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
As per the CBSA(ordered 19 July) notes I received I had the following description:

ACTIVITY 1

New Value: Received by CBSA
ACTIVITY 2
New Value: Submit
ACTIVITY 3
New Value: Not Started
ACTIVITY 4
Sub Activity/Activity Type: Security
New Value: In Progress

AoR - 6 Apr
Eligibility, Criminality Passed - 26 May
SS Start - 26 May

Yeah so basically our options are exactly the same just in different order. Wtf your SS started on 26th May last year?? :eek:

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
I’m glad I found this thread. The silver lining here is at least none of us is alone in this.
16 months since AOR, and 11 months since my files was refered to security screening. Orderder CBSA notes 2 weeks ago to see if they started on the file right away at least or not. Given what I’ve seen on this thread, I doubt it :/.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I’m glad I found this thread. The silver lining here is at least none of us is alone in this.
16 months since AOR, and 11 months since my files was refered to security screening. Orderder CBSA notes 2 weeks ago to see if they started on the file right away at least or not. Given what I’ve seen on this thread, I doubt it :/.
Yeah man, every passing day feels like someone's punching me in my gut. I'm almost 17 months since my AOR and my screening only started on June 25th this year. And to top it all off, they ran through my name on Tuscan database to check if I was on a non flying list to US and Canada. Whosever idea it was must've been a total imbecile considering I have been to Canada before. It astonishes me to see that they kept finding ways to delay my application especially after they sat on it for months without working on it.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Yeah man, every passing day feels like someone's punching me in my gut. I'm almost 17 months since my AOR and my screening only started on June 25th this year. And to top it all off, they ran through my name on Tuscan database to check if I was on a non flying list to US and Canada. Whosever idea it was must've been a total imbecile considering I have been to Canada before. It astonishes me to see that they kept finding ways to delay my application especially after they sat on it for months without working on it.
It’s crazy! I’ve also been to Canada before on a student visa (for a semester) which really makes this whole thing very weird. I work for a well known company and travelled all over Europe. I don’t understand the delay at all. I’m hoping CBSA at least doesn’t ask for an extension to release my notes just so I get an idea of what is going on.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
It’s crazy! I’ve also been to Canada before on a student visa (for a semester) which really makes this whole thing very weird. I work for a well known company and travelled all over Europe. I don’t understand the delay at all. I’m hoping CBSA at least doesn’t ask for an extension to release my notes just so I get an idea of what is going on.
Ahh finally someone whose case is very similar to mine. I've been in the UK since I was 19 so it's 13 years living in Europe. Plus I've travelled to 27 countries including Europe, Africa, South / north America and Asia Pacific. Never had any issues of getting visas or been stopped at the immigration. Plus, none of these countries are on a current watchlist. So I was baffled to establish that my file was sent for enhanced screening. I reckon it was because of my name but who knows. Not to scare you off but CBSA did ask for 30 days extension to release my notes. But hopefully it'll be alright in your case as your security has been ongoing for a lot longer than mine and should be about to finish soon.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Ahh finally someone whose case is very similar to mine. I've been in the UK since I was 19 so it's 13 years living in Europe. Plus I've travelled to 27 countries including Europe, Africa, South / north America and Asia Pacific. Never had any issues of getting visas or been stopped at the immigration. Plus, none of these countries are on a current watchlist. So I was baffled to establish that my file was sent for enhanced screening. I reckon it was because of my name but who knows. Not to scare you off but CBSA did ask for 30 days extension to release my notes. But hopefully it'll be alright in your case as your security has been ongoing for a lot longer than mine and should be about to finish soon.
I had requested CSIS notes in May, and a month later I received a communication from them that said they can’t release them yet as security checks were still ongoing. That’s why 2 weeks ago I requested CBSA notes this time to see if they finally received the report from CSIS, or at least maybe push them to send it already if they haven’t. I’m thinking I alternate between CBSA, CSIS and GCMS notes requests every 2-3 weeks now to look forward to short bursts of hope instead of an open ended wait...

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I had requested CSIS notes in May, and a month later I received a communication from them that said they can’t release them yet as security checks were still ongoing. That’s why 2 weeks ago I requested CBSA notes this time to see if they finally received the report from CSIS, or at least maybe push them to send it already if they haven’t. I’m thinking I alternate between CBSA, CSIS and GCMS notes requests every 2-3 weeks now to look forward to short bursts of hope instead of an open ended wait...
Lol I requested my CSIS notes in June and got a reply back in mid July that they don't have any record of my file. At the time it was unbeknown to me that CBSA douches only started my screening on 25th of June so how on Earth CSIS would get my file from them. To be fair bro, there's a lot of hope in your case and sounds to me that your file is nearing finalisation. Whilst, I don't even know how long my file will take considering that they only started my screening 4 months ago. I've lost all hope with the IRCC and will be filing a legal action against them in January if my file is still not finalised by that time.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Lol I requested my CSIS notes in June and got a reply back in mid July that they don't have any record of my file. At the time it was unbeknown to me that CBSA douches only started my screening on 25th of June so how on Earth CSIS would get my file from them. To be fair bro, there's a lot of hope in your case and sounds to me that your file is nearing finalisation. Whilst, I don't even know how long my file will take considering that they only started my screening 4 months ago. I've lost all hope with the IRCC and will be filing a legal action against them in January if my file is still not finalised by that time.
I wish I had the same hope about my file as you do :p fingers crossed for the both of us. My medicals haven’t been renewed since they expired, and I haven’t received a renewal request yet. Anyway, once my notes are out will post here to update. Good luck to all of us!

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I wish I had the same hope about my file as you do :p fingers crossed for the both of us. My medicals haven’t been renewed since they expired, and I haven’t received a renewal request yet. Anyway, once my notes are out will post here to update. Good luck to all of us!
Loool. Same here man, medicals expired before the security even begun so there wasn't any hope of renewal. And yeah sure thing, let us know once you've received the notes.

Reactions: MoeD