+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Yeah man, every passing day feels like someone's punching me in my gut. I'm almost 17 months since my AOR and my screening only started on June 25th this year. And to top it all off, they ran through my name on Tuscan database to check if I was on a non flying list to US and Canada. Whosever idea it was must've been a total imbecile considering I have been to Canada before. It astonishes me to see that they kept finding ways to delay my application especially after they sat on it for months without working on it.
Hey man. Stay patient. My SS started on 17 July 2018. Like you, I have been to Canada before as well. And the wait is seriously killing me.

thereishope1

Oct 22, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Passport Req..
18-10-2018
Hello Folks,

Just wanted to chime in here after receiving PPR after Security Screening. This forum as-well as a couple more on the CANADAVISA site have been immensely helpful to me over the past couple year and half. Immigration has been a long and stressful process for me and I know a-lot of you are going through it so wanted to share my story give you some hope.

Hang in there! I know it is easy to say and hard to do. I was in your position, with no hope and ready to leave but things did come through! So stay strong and stay put!

My Story:
I am an INLAND applicant. Stayed in Canada for almost 7 plus years. 5 as a Student and 2.5 as a worker. I applied through two streams.

Initially my employer sponsored me to go through the BC PNP stream in January 2017. However, the incompetent law firm that I was being represented by applied through Paper Based Application instead of Express Entry. I called my lawyer and asked her why and she said it will not make a difference and that express entry and paper based applications get processed around the same time frame. Believing her I continued. AOR was March 31 2017 for my paper app and sometime in September I decided enough was enough and applied through Express Entry on September 23, 2017.

Security Screening !!! :(
Luck was not favoring me and under express entry I got selected for the dreaded 'Security Screening'. My file went to CSIS on December 14th 2017 and got completed on Oct 2nd 2018. I got sent a request for remedical on Oct 2nd, redid meds on Oct 4th and received PPR on Oct 18th 2018.

All in all I waited for about 20 months from January 2017 to October 2018.

13 months out of the 20 were for Express Entry. This process has been mentally taxing, stressful and down right scary but thank god it is over!

A few tips to all my dear friends going through SS:
1. Don't Panic and try not being too stressed. This process will end. It sucks but there is light at the end of the tunnel so don't ever lose hope! I am an example.
2. Keep pestering them with updates. Send Case Specific Enquiries, get GCMS notes from IRCC, CSIS regularly. Send emails to VO. Make your voice heard.
3. Keep checking this forum and talking about your stress to people. This has been the most stressful period for me but I kept open to my friends and family and it really helped.
4. Stay put and work hard at whatever you are doing. Your PPR will come through - I promise.

Please reply to this thread if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer! I wish the best luck to all of you and hope you all get a speedy PPR!

Regards,
ThereisHope

Asifbajwa

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Lol I requested my CSIS notes in June and got a reply back in mid July that they don't have any record of my file. At the time it was unbeknown to me that CBSA douches only started my screening on 25th of June so how on Earth CSIS would get my file from them. To be fair bro, there's a lot of hope in your case and sounds to me that your file is nearing finalisation. Whilst, I don't even know how long my file will take considering that they only started my screening 4 months ago. I've lost all hope with the IRCC and will be filing a legal action against them in January if my file is still not finalised by that time.
Hi
Hoe u contacted csis please provide details i want to ask thrm about my application

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
By the way everyone I knew who had AOR in May 2017 and June 2017 got their PPR in September. They tell me I will get it in November too but I don't know, man. Nothing ever comes easy or convenient to me.
That's the story of my life bro.. nothing comes easy. Even in May 2017 forum there's barely couple of people left who are waiting. I kinda have diverted my mind off it until December. If i still don't hear from them until December then in January I'm gonna file for the writ of Mandamus. But really hoping something good comes through by then.

Asifbajwa

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Prearrival letter?? What on Earth is that?

Its a letter in which its mention

We are pleased to inform you that you are now eligible for free services in canada .....::

I got this letter and after my background chek is in process amd now waiting

Asifbajwa

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Prearrival letter?? What on Earth is that?
Here is the copy of letter
“We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website: canada.ca/pre-arrival-services. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
cic.gc.ca/publications.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada”

Reactions: Ahmad_85a