+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Definitly !!! He had a a thorax surgery years ago, so a first screening I can understand makes sens but a second would just be crazy !! Let's see
If you don't mind me asking, when did your SS start and how long did it last??

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Mine started on dec 18 and finished March 20th my husbands started also dec 18 and completed October first week
Oh crikey, your husband's one took full 10 months which is an average time at the moment. That's what I'm bracing for at the moment :(

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
@Reykhan
So I receiced my CBSA notes, and as I expected, no important updates. You guys had 4 sub activities under security, but I only have 1 which says security screening in progress by CBSA. The status was updated on this subactivity it seems 6 months ago, but the due date remained november of last year.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
@Reykhan
So I receiced my CBSA notes, and as I expected, no important updates. You guys had 4 sub activities under security, but I only have 1 which says security screening in progress by CBSA. The status was updated on this subactivity it seems 6 months ago, but the due date remained november of last year.
Bro, are you looking at the admissibility part or the activities part just before the notes section towards the end of the notes?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Bro, are you looking at the admissibility part or the activities part just before the notes section towards the end of the notes?
Ah! I was looking under admissibility first. I just checked further down the notes, and under “activity” I have the 4 sub activities: submitted, in progress, received by cbsa and then in progress by cbsa. Unfortunately there are no dates on any of them, so no idea how long CBSA have had my file for.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Ah! I was looking under admissibility first. I just checked further down the notes, and under “activity” I have the 4 sub activities: submitted, in progress, received by cbsa and then in progress by cbsa. Unfortunately there are no dates on any of them, so no idea how long CBSA have had my file for.
Lool yeah they never have any dates bro. If you wanna find out the dates then you'll have to look into your notes section towards the end of the notes.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Lool yeah they never have any dates bro. If you wanna find out the dates then you'll have to look into your notes section towards the end of the notes.
I was hoping to be able to tell when CBSA actually started working on my file. But I guess now I’ll just assume the worst and that they didn’t start until 6 months ago (the last date the status of security under admissibility was updated). That means I won’t be expecting anything before another 6 months. Meanwhile I’ll just order CSIS notes to know if they’re done with my file. No news from your end yet yeah? Do you have any notes en route?

Fahdalimirza

Sep 23, 2016
Im in security check since dec 2017. my aor is july 2017. gcms notes of may 2018 showed only one activity under security while for my wife it showed not started. im FSW Outland.

Can i hirr a lawyer for mandamus and will it be affective?

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
I was hoping to be able to tell when CBSA actually started working on my file. But I guess now I’ll just assume the worst and that they didn’t start until 6 months ago (the last date the status of security under admissibility was updated). That means I won’t be expecting anything before another 6 months. Meanwhile I’ll just order CSIS notes to know if they’re done with my file. No news from your end yet yeah? Do you have any notes en route?
Ok so in the admissibilities section under security, the updated date is when your file was assinged for SS. And in the sub activities, the updated date is when your SS started. now the question for us here is that if the clock starts from the date when file is assinged for SS or when they actually started the security. Because if it is from when they started the security then we are stuffed. And nah no news from my end bro, it's all pretty quite at the moment. And nah I didn't order any more notes either.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Im in security check since dec 2017. my aor is july 2017. gcms notes of may 2018 showed only one activity under security while for my wife it showed not started. im FSW Outland.

Can i hirr a lawyer for mandamus and will it be affective?
It always shows only one activity under security. And GCMS notes also won't portray the full picture. If you want to know the exact dates of when your security started then you'll need to order CBSA notes. I'd suggest you do that first before engaging an attorney to file for Mandamus. Also it sounds to me that you're nearing to an end of this long wait if your security started in December 17. It's taking 10 months on average for 70% people at the moment.