+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

MD1990FSW

Nov 10, 2021
I would include something to the effect of: I am requesting information related to my cousin’s application for Permanent Residence. The application number is EXXXXXXX and the UCI number is XXXXXX… also include passport information. That should suffice for the details that they would be looking for.
That's very helpful, thank you, I really appreciate it.

Takita

May 12, 2021
To know that your application under comprehensive security screening or not just order CBSA note , it’s simple no need to make comparison between GCMS notes.
Hi @YoYo81 ,

My CBSA notes under security sub activities shows -

Type - Security Screening
Status - In Progress by CBSA

It doesn't say "Comprehensive". Does it still mean my file under comprehensive security screening? Is it with just CBSA or with both CBSA & CSIS?

Appreciate your response. Thanks!

Takita

May 12, 2021
Man, I don't get you.

All the applicants go through the screening. Proof: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/screen-verific-eng.html

How did you know that you'd been under comprehensive SS for 8 months? The only way to know it is to order CBSA notes to find out the type of your screening and the date when it was intiated. Did you order them?

Generally, agents can see if a file is currently processed by CBSA and tell you that your security is in progress. I was told it three times as I mentioned before.

Speaking about your case - the fact that you pass one particular stage doesn't make your file go straight to the next stage automatically. It often happens that files can wait for review by an officer to be sent to background check for months. For example, one guy passed criminality more than half a year ago and waited with "criminality - passed, eligibility - not started, security - not started" status for 6 months. Then he passed eligibility during several days, then security in a couple of days, and - boom! - he gets PPR.

So the fact that everything but security was passed, and you got to wait for 8 months, doesnt' mean that IRCC/CBSA/CSIS perfofrmed comprehensive security screening on your file. It may simply mean that nobody took care of your case and nothing more.
Does CBSA notes say word "Comprehensive"?

My GCMS notes says "Security screening In Progress by CBSA". Does "screening" here refer to "Comprehensive screening"?

Takita

May 12, 2021
Best way to confirm if you are under comprehensive security screening is to request ATIP notes from CSIS. The turn around is usually quick. I got mine in one week via post.
I applied for CSIS notes 10 Feb. They asked for proof of ID from list of docs to reply via email on 16 Feb. Did they ask same thing for you before releasing CSIS notes?

It's more than a week since I responded back with ID proof, but haven't received anything in email or mail.

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
I applied for CSIS notes 10 Feb. They asked for proof of ID from list of docs to reply via email on 16 Feb. Did they ask same thing for you before releasing CSIS notes?

It's more than a week since I responded back with ID proof, but haven't received anything in email or mail.
I included a copy of my ID in my original ATIP request so I never got asked.

MD1990FSW

Nov 10, 2021
Hi All,

I got new CBSA notes and everything passed except for Security is In Progress but I noticed the following (wasn't the case in the old notes):
Primary Office: Montreal Immigration
Secondary office CPC-Ottawa
App#: EXXXXXXXX
App Status On Hold (was Open in the last notes).
App Status Reason: Verification Activity (was In Progress in last notes).

Also According to the application Status Tracker, my background processing started mid October.
Anyone has a hold too? ,any help or explanation is appreciated.

Best,

Takita

May 12, 2021
Hi All,

I got new CBSA notes and everything passed except for Security is In Progress but I noticed the following (wasn't the case in the old notes):
Primary Office: Montreal Immigration
Secondary office CPC-Ottawa
App#: EXXXXXXXX
App Status On Hold (was Open in the last notes).
App Status Reason: Verification Activity (was In Progress in last notes).

Also According to the application Status Tracker, my background processing started mid October.
Anyone has a hold too? ,any help or explanation is appreciated.

Best,
Full Timeline?

Did security sub activity say Type "Comprehensive' or 'Screening" in CBSA notes?

MD1990FSW

Nov 10, 2021
Full Timeline?

Did security sub activity say Type "Comprehensive' or 'Screening" in CBSA notes?
I didn't document my timeline, but its typical, they asked for ADR twice, last one was in Feb, 20. My AOR, Oct. 2020, FSW Outland.

These are all the activities related to security and they were the same around two months ago.
https://ibb.co/7bXGDCV
https://ibb.co/zZxNvPp

Please let me know if that makes any sense, I looked online and I didn't see people with hold on their file.

Thanks,

Takita

May 12, 2021
I didn't document my timeline, but its typical, they asked for ADR twice, last one was in Feb, 20. My AOR, Oct. 2020, FSW Outland.

These are all the activities related to security and they were the same around two months ago.
https://ibb.co/7bXGDCV
https://ibb.co/zZxNvPp

Please let me know if that makes any sense, I looked online and I didn't see people with hold on their file.

Thanks,
What ADR asked? Schedule A?

Your file pending officer review/finalization or missing/awaiting for something from 3rd party agency.

MD1990FSW

Nov 10, 2021
What ADR asked? Schedule A?

Your file pending officer review/finalization or missing/awaiting for something from 3rd party agency.
They asked for Schedule A, imm5406e and passport for my newborn (now is already added to the file).
So based on the notes, it is not clear if this is a comprehensive screening or not?
Also I noticed that the due date is 23/03/2023 (first page in the notes).

Thanks,

Takita

May 12, 2021
They asked for Schedule A, imm5406e and passport for my newborn (now is already added to the file).
So based on the notes, it is not clear if this is a comprehensive screening or not?
Also I noticed that the due date is 23/03/2023 (first page in the notes).

Thanks,
due date on my file 31 Mar. So Officer check file around due date. keep posted of any updates as your due date is almost there.

Reactions: MD1990FSW