+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
btw, when did you see your Ghost Update ?? in the morning ???

did you call CIC to confirm if background check/ ss is completed ???
I just received email from VO for re-medial check so I guess my security screening finalized. I don’t have GCKey account, I’m checking my application status through ECAS

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Finally, Today i have received remedical request for both of us. SS started July 18, 2019 maybe ended today. Feeling lucky that within 4 months and 7 days my SS completed.

Reactions: YoYo81

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Finally, Today i have received remedical request for both of us. SS started July 18, 2019 maybe ended today. Feeling lucky that within 4 months and 7 days my SS completed.

omg you are so fast. which country are you from ???

I am in early 7 but still not get anything... saddd

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

Did any of you order CSIS note? I did order it and It is mentioned that my security check is in process. Does it mean that CSIS part has not finished yet and then they will send my file to CBSA? Or they write this for all applications that are under SS no matter the fille is with CSIS or CBSA?

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
I just saw your signature and found that you are also a FSW inland applicant just like me. My file is in Sydney, and my SS started on Sep5. I was quite lucky in the initial phase as my medical/criminality/eligibility all passed within the first 4 weeks of my eAOR, but then I was sent to SS. I really hope it can be finalized within 5-6 months.
It seems that our application follows the same pattern. My visa office is Sydney as well and I passed other stages in July.

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
So your SS started around 1.5 months earlier than mine, then your case may be a good indicator for mine. Please keep me posted if there is any update or if you received PPR. When this happens to you, mine may be around the corner haha..
Sure. You may get sooner than me. Have you ordered GCMS/ CBSA/ CSIS note?

Reactions: baltzly

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
I have ordered and received all of them. My CSIS letter was issued on Oct 31, and it stated that my SS was in progress. My CBSA notes were generated on Oct 11, and they confirmed all but security had passed. SS started on Sept 5. No update since then. My eAOR was Aug 2.
Let see then. Maybe we receive the golden email at the same time :))

Reactions: baltzly

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Hi friends im writing CBSA note any idea how to write this part : Requests must include sufficient detail to enable an experienced employee of the CBSA, with a reasonable effort, to identify the records that are being requested. Examples include, but are not limited to, time periods, file numbers, client identifiers, file names, report titles, locations (office, port of entry or region/branch), names of individuals, passport numbers, dates of birth (if requesting traveller history or immigration files).

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
can i write my information (application number, date of received, AOR ...) and then kindly requesting CBSA note to see details about my file or when did my security check start or will end ? any idea how to write ? thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
can i write my information (application number, date of received, AOR ...) and then kindly requesting CBSA note to see details about my file or when did my security check start or will end ? any idea how to write ? thanks
Yah, application number ,UCI number are enough. This is what I did. CBSA note is standard, it’s same GCMS note only difference is security details not hidden