+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Received my CBSA last night and i come to know that only i am under CSS but my spouse security cleared a long time ago. My security started on May 18, 2019, then security info sent to CBSA on the same day. After almost 2 months again IRCC sent SS info to CBSA on July 17 2019. Security is in progress by CBSA from 17 July 2019. Today i have successfully completed 15 months of my AOR and i am so happy...can not show my satisfaction to you guys:(. in note, officer redacted my security note but my spouse info was there, it says no security concern for the spouse. All that i understood is at least 2 months to go to finish CSS. I wanna forget everythings.........just simply forget it......
so when did your CSS start ? July 17 2019 or May 18 2019 ???

jjttbb2019

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Thank you :D
And that’s precisely the reason why I rarely stress myself over it anymore ‘cause the chances of rejection are minimal. There is uncertainty, yes and neither do we have a definite timeline for CSS but there is nothing we can do so :rolleyes:

My security checks were initiated in June while in SS finally started on 30th August so that’s what my start line is.
AOR January 2019 :cool::p
your visa office?

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
I want to ask a question. I always see people on this forum ask about which visa office one's case is being processed in. Is there any significant difference between visa offices in terms of success rate/rejection rate/ processing time/other procedures? I recently just figured out my primary and secondary offices from my notes, but I don't know if that implies something...
I would say no... SS is processed in CBSA...

Only if your SS have serious record that is threatening to the public, other than that I cannot see any different

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Yes This is what I want to say, basically once we have reached this security screening stage, the visa office has almost no role tp play. It depends on CBSA to finalize the SS and report back to IRCC.
Agreed but I think VO role could be influential because some VOs start security screening earlier than others also sometimes CBSA send the security screening report to VO and they doesn’t proceed immediately and takes extra time to validate these results

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Yes This is what I want to say, basically once we have reached this security screening stage, the visa office has almost no role tp play. It depends on CBSA to finalize the SS and report back to IRCC.
Yes you are right. In my case, my SS was initiated one day after eligibility was passed. I hope once they get results from CBSA, they will finalize the application soon without any delay.. Having said that, the majority of our wait time is still spent during CBSA's processing of our SS, so CBSA plays a key role in freaking us out:)
CSIS plays a vital role as well. CBSA need its reports back to them. Also, they will contact your original country to do some investigation, and I guess this process will take majority of your time during investigation. What's more, it might relate to the background complexity relating to your status in the original country as well(my guess).

In some country those kind of inquiries are of very low priority. thats why it takes like forever for someone.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Guys..finally today I have received PPR!! Its still sinking in...that the wait is over. Thanks to each and everyone of you for the support and motivation that kept me going through this wait. I wish all of you waiting to get through soon.

Timeline:

AOR: 15 Dec 2018
Security Started: 29 May 2019
Security completed : 04 Nov 2019
Remedical Request: 05 Nov 2019
Remedical Done: 13 Nov 2019
Remedical Passed: 20 Nov 2019
PPR / RFV: 25 Nov 2019
VO: London

I was in security screening but I still consider myself lucky that it lasted only 5 months.

Thanks again to all of you!!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Guys..finally today I have received PPR!! Its still sinking in...that the wait is over. Thanks to each and everyone of you for the support and motivation that kept me going through this wait. I wish all of you waiting to get through soon.

Timeline:

I was in security screening but I still consider myself lucky that it lasted only 5 months.

Congratulations this is good news for all of us

Reactions: Shahanastar

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
My comprehensive security screening check start on 26 June 2019 and on 20 November I received medical check request so I guess my security screening finalized.
omg, my ss started at early July. I am not sure if I can get it done before new year.

anyway, congrats and thanks for bringing this so we know it is still moving forward !!

Reactions: YoYo81

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019

Timeline:

omg, it is so fast.
When did you see the Ghost Update ?? in the morning or in the afternoon ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucas456