+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'PNP Secure Outstanding' and waiting - get together here!!!

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Actually, that is not correct at all. I have PNP secure outstanding on my notes and belive me I did my best to find out what does it mean and who is responsible for the delay. One of the lead managers at immigration ministry of the province that nominated me said:
PNP means you are nominated by the Province. Security outstanding means that security screening is ongoing for you or one of your dependants. No, we didn't receive any request from IRCC on your file, we are not holding any information they are looking for and this is not what is causing the delay.
Security services are working on that and it depends on them when it will be finalized. PNP and security outstanding is not connected in any other way than that.

I do have some other findings too, but this whole process is still quite a mistery to me how it can take so long for a simple and what suppose to be straight-forward application.
Yes, indeed, this information corresponds to the information I've received. Secure outstanding = security screening is ongoing and could not be finalized yet. It has nothing to do with provincial level of immigration process.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
i saw one person's final GCMS notes after PPR, which had like 8x entries for Security Screening. So far i have only received 3 entries on my GCMS notes, so it seems i have a while to go still.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
i saw one person's final GCMS notes after PPR, which had like 8x entries for Security Screening. So far i have only received 3 entries on my GCMS notes, so it seems i have a while to go still.
I have 0 entries for Security Screening so far in my two GCMS notes.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Hi Guys.
I was checking my CIC account and found out that the entire display of the application profile has been changed. I assume most of you guys have already noticed it.
Now my question is:
Under "Review of additional documents" there is a change, saying "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details".
However, there is no new letter/correspondence/message below. There are only the previous messages (last one came on 19 January).
I called CIC call center as well. They changed the menu over there as well. Now there is a generic information given by computer-voice which is exactly the same as MyCIC account's data. Accordingly computer repeated the same info for "Review of additional documents", saying additional document needed. I was unable to speak with an agent because of high number of calls.
Now I am pretty confused.
I think because they changed MyCIC menu-page they changed the status for "Review of additional documents" by accident. Or do you think they might really intend to receive another document and forgot to send the letter below?
What do you think what I am supposed to do now?
Has anyone a similar issue???
I appreciate any assistance guys.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi Guys.
I was checking my CIC account and found out that the entire display of the application profile has been changed. I assume most of you guys have already noticed it.
Now my question is:
Under "Review of additional documents" there is a change, saying "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details".
However, there is no new letter/correspondence/message below. There are only the previous messages (last one came on 19 January).
I called CIC call center as well. They changed the menu over there as well. Now there is a generic information given by computer-voice which is exactly the same as MyCIC account's data. Accordingly computer repeated the same info for "Review of additional documents", saying additional document needed. I was unable to speak with an agent because of high number of calls.
Now I am pretty confused.
I think because they changed MyCIC menu-page they changed the status for "Review of additional documents" by accident. Or do you think they might really intend to receive another document and forgot to send the letter below?
What do you think what I am supposed to do now?
Has anyone a similar issue???
I appreciate any assistance guys.
Same in mine. I have that too there "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details". Did they request you documents before? I got RCMP clearance request back in January. That is the only request I message I have. I think because of that this info is being showed.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Same in mine. I have that too there "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details". Did they request you documents before? I got RCMP clearance request back in January. That is the only request I message I have. I think because of that this info is being showed.
I submitted an extra document in January. I haven't received any message ever since. There is no message in my account except this old message. It can be a system error because they made some cosmetic changes again. But I am worried about it. What if it is not a system error but a real document request and they just forgot to sent the message to me? Why can't CIC do its job accurately! I am just hoping to get my visa and forget the horror I had to face with Canadian immigration system. I am sick of it!

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
As of yet I am waiting for 42 minutes to get an answer. An agent answered and then told me he is responsible for temporary resident cases and will connect with another agent. I'm still waiting!!! Call center works just as other departments of their institution: slow, inaccurate, and unreliable.

Last edited:

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
I've just talked with an agent. He was a very nice guy. He told me that the document request is definitely an error in the system, and some other applicants may have similar issues as well. They will correct it as soon as possible. For anybody who has a similar issue, most probably you guys are facing the same problem.
I hope this message can help some people here in our forum-community.
Wish a speedy PPR for everyone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggiechen

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I've just talked with an agent. He was a very nice guy. He told me that the document request is definitely an error in the system, and some other applicants may have similar issues as well. They will correct it as soon as possible. For anybody who has a similar issue, most probably you guys are facing the same problem.
I hope this message can help some people here in our forum-community.
Wish a speedy PPR for everyone :)
There has been changes going on the CIC site. Sometimes I am not able to see the documents I have submitted. It just throws error. No worries. Unless there is a message at the bottom of your profile no need to get worried.

GOCANADA92

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

What is the difference between this group and security screening

In group name i have blank
PV2

But theyput me on security screening since April
I am PNP-O

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
My 9th month after AOR has started today.
I can't believe that I have already completed 8 months!
How long do I have to wait for the golden email??? :(

Wasiasmet

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Praying
I got a reply today from the ministry of immigration... Long story short , my application is pending on the results of one of the security partner agencies... Nothing new , no deadline for anything.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
I got a reply today from the ministry of immigration... Long story short , my application is pending on the results of one of the security partner agencies... Nothing new , no deadline for anything.
what is your background check status on MYCIC ?? Is it IP2 , IP1, or Not Applicable ??

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
I contacted our local MP's office once again.
This time I received an email that I share with you. I hope you guys can help me to understand / interpret it.
Best wishes, and thanks in advance for your help.

"I spoke with Ministerial Inquiries, and they indicated that the security screening has begun for you, but had yet to begin for your wife. They have advised me to call them back next Thursday for an update as to what is going on"