+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'PNP Secure Outstanding' and waiting - get together here!!!

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi Friends,
this topic is now created for us to share information about 'PNP Secure Outstanding' group. I know quite a few PAs are in this group at the first page of the GCMS. Let's share information here so we can try to find out more about it.

What I know:
- usually people in this group takes more time to receive the PPR, more than the expected 6 months
- usually people in this group have military background, positions in the government or dense travel history

I am a PNP inland from BC stuck on this group since Jan18th according to latest GCMS, born n Brazil.
I have worked for the US gov in the past for several years, used to travel to US 4-6 times per year for training.
My GCMS details are:

Category: PV2
Sub Category: blank
Group Name: PNP Secure Outstanding
Group #: 2-L7QTRYG

All welcome to share anything!

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Dear Andre,
Dear friends in this group,

I served compulsory military service in my country (Turkey) and used to be a professor (at state universities - which means in public service). Because of being a scientist I traveled to several countries. This is, I believe, a very bad combination for CIC for they apparently could not finalize the processing of my case. I have been living in Canada for around two years, working at a Canadian university as professor, my family is here, kids are going to elementary school here, my wife is both a graduate student and a teaching assistant... We are a normal family, straight-forward case. Not for CIC! I guess they are living in a different world. Many people think Canada has a quite good functioning and progressive immigration system. Well, this is true if you look at the social structure here. If you are willing to become part of Canadian society, they are quite welcoming. I love Canada, I love this people. But let's look at the immigration bureaucracy (IRCC-CIC) this is a big disappointment. They are acting like a security agency and are quite conservative. Besides, they are quite slow in processing files. Regarding processing different immigration streams, there are unfair processing speeds (for example PNP-Inland stream is an under-privileged category whose file-processing usually takes around six months whereas CEC stream is definitely privileged so that they get PPR in 2,5-3 months).

Here is my relevant info: (same as Andre's)
Category: PV2
Sub Category: blank

I hope we can exchange info and find out some clues about our cases.
Best wishes.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
What does PV2 and PNP Secure Outstanding mean?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But let's look at the immigration bureaucracy (IRCC-CIC) this is a big disappointment. They are acting like a security agency and are quite conservative
I understand your frustration, but IRCC indeed has to act carefully when it comes to security and criminal background. We don't want any criminals, rapists or terrorists to come here.

My guess for the reason for PNP inland stream has significantly lower processing time is because they all have to be processed by Ottawa VO which is also responsible for too many other things.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Alexios07 said:
I understand your frustration, but IRCC indeed has to act carefully when it comes to security and criminal background. We don't want any criminals, rapists or terrorists to come here.

My guess for the reason for PNP inland stream has significantly lower processing time is because they all have to be processed by Ottawa VO which is also responsible for too many other things.
Who wants criminals or security threats in Canada! Sure, every application has to be checked. However:
1) There are extremely different speeds of PR processing regarding different streams (example: PNP-Inland: +6 months but CEC 2,5 months).
2) Inland PNP applicants are already in Canada. They got through pre-PR checks for their visas and permits, provincial level checks, and now (such as me) are eligibility passed. Profiles like mine have clearly nothing to do with organized crime or other types of security threats (for my case I submitted police certificates from 3 different countries).
3) Canada is not the only country welcoming immigrants. I personally have some experience with other countries immigration bureaucracy as well. No other country is that slow and nontransparent in terms of processing immigration files. Sorry, but this is an objective and comprehensive observation.
4) We have a special group here, particularly have a quite specific issue with our applications' processing time. You come here and judge and make some statements fully apart from the context. With all respect buddy but it is annoying. I am member of this forum over a long time period and I know this forum is just for sharing info what we're doing here as well. And I truly find your statement such as "we don't want criminals in Canada" etc. quite offensive.
With best wishes...

Reactions: Anford

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I have been living in Canada for 3 years 8 months. I have applied for permit 3 times and visa 3 times. in this 3 years and 8 months I have been to my country once and US several times. I guess for me they have done security check several time. And inland applicants already have gone through this security check several times while applying for permits and visas, I do not see why it is taking so long now!
Alexios07 said:

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
This makes me think that might be some random selection for higher security check as well. It makes sense to check the background for sure, but the delay for people who is already here for several years is what intrigues me. Anyway, let's see if we can get more people on the same group to brainstorm a little more about it...

Reactions: PG-BColumbia

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL said:
And I truly find your statement such as "we don't want criminals in Canada" etc. quite offensive.
With best wishes...
Why? I wrote that because it is what it is. IRCC checks with RCMP, CSIS, FBI and Interpol for every application to make sure that no criminals can get in. Hence, they have to be conservative. That sentence does not aim at you, it's just a simple fact.

Matt-NL said:
1) There are extremely different speeds of PR processing regarding different streams (example: PNP-Inland: +6 months but CEC 2,5 months).
2) Inland PNP applicants are already in Canada. They got through pre-PR checks for their visas and permits, provincial level checks, and now (such as me) are eligibility passed. Profiles like mine have clearly nothing to do with organized crime or other types of security threats (for my case I submitted police certificates from 3 different countries).
3) Canada is not the only country welcoming immigrants. I personally have some experience with other countries immigration bureaucracy as well. No other country is that slow and nontransparent in terms of processing immigration files. Sorry, but this is an objective and comprehensive observation.
Like I said previously, it's slow because our applications are processed at Ottawa VO, not at local VOs (NDVO, LVO, PVO or SVO) like other streams. There's nothing personal about your profile, it just that they have way too many applications to go through, so we all have to wait for our turn.

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Hi.
Just to show my case:
SINP PNP inland
AOR 27 June 2016
From 30 sept 2016 security check and still in process.
For my spouse security check from third party isnt over.
We are from Europe never traveled in some unsecure countries (My spouse have a lot of travels inside Europe and regulary military service 6 months).
Every time we call CIC they say the same answer "Third party security check for your spouse is not over".
In GCMS "PNP Secure outstanding", 2-L7QTRYG

So we are waiting almost 10 month and we are afraid that this status of our aplication can stand for next 10 month.
What do you guys think?
Thanks.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Alexios07 said:
Why? I wrote that because it is what it is. IRCC checks with RCMP, CSIS, FBI and Interpol for every application to make sure that no criminals can get in. Hence, they have to be conservative. That sentence does not aim at you, it's just a simple fact.

Like I said previously, it's slow because our applications are processed at Ottawa VO, not at local VOs (NDVO, LVO, PVO or SVO) like other streams. There's nothing personal about your profile, it just that they have way too many applications to go through, so we all have to wait for our turn.
We are discussing here about a very specific group: applications classified under "secure outstanding" category. We intend to focus on this group. My considerations in my previous statements assess conditions of this particular group and not all other streams of Express Entry. Besides, when I compare other PNP-Inland and CEC-Inland applicants (both groups are processed in Ottawa) CEC applications are being processed in 2,5-3 months average. This is a fact. They are not processed by other visa-offices outside of Canada. In contrary, as indicated above, their visa office is ALSO OTTAWA. So far about your "applications are processed at Ottawa VO, not at local VOs" argumentation which is simply NOT accurate.
I have never questioned the necessity and importance of security checks. I am questioning 1- the non-transparent nature of this process and 2- that the process is exercised/applied in different way to different applicants although they are the same or quite similar cases. And even if one can argue that each case is unique (which is not - there are quite similar categories according to existing similarities of cases) still there is this transparency problem and the problem of the presumption of innocence in basic law system of every rule-of-law order which Canada apparently has one. Accordingly a case which has no criminal issues (such as ours, because our criminality checks are done and we already passed them) simply cannot be categorized under a "usual suspected case" category just because of their county of origin or the touristic/professional travels in the past. The point is, if CIC or other agencies cannot find anything in the investigation, they are simply "clear" and they must be given green light to proceed.
Again, the necessity of security check is not being questioned here. It is, however, criticized that this check cannot take several months. Investigations of all external agencies (Canadian intelligence, international organizations such as Interpol etc.) are based on IT-based data-banks or their special "pools" that are be screened in minutes, lets say in hours but not in MONTHS! Besides, most of us have been living in Canada over years, their security-related situation was both screened multiple times by CIC (during their visa and permit extensions, provincial nomination etc.) AND their life in Canada as temporary worker, student etc. is also under permanent control (their bank account activities, tax declarations, local police issues as far as their parking fines) are registered and can be checked in seconds. Again, the topic you should focus on is PROCESSING TIME and not the BG-check itself!
If you still think this processing times are quite normal for YOU than I don't say anything, and I respect your opinion fully. However, me and some other people under PNP-Inland category started our immigration with provincial nomination which took almost a year processin time, and not the federal level processing time of 6 months is also over, which makes around 1,5 years of bureaucracy. On the other hand, as already emphasized, in CEC-Inland category applicants receive PPR in 2,5 months and their visa office is the same (also Ottawa), and this guys did not have a pre-Express Entry provincial level file processing (which included also a criminality and security check), is quite ANNOYING and also VERY CONFUSING.
I just tried to summarize for me actually the reasons why we're here.
Here it remains only one question left: what is the reason why YOU are here?
If you don't see all these PROBLEMS then obviously you have a strait forward case that is running good, then you actually don't need it to be here. Or maybe you have a quite similar case but you DO NOT CONSIDER your extended processing time AS A PROBLEM then it is fine, too.
Here we only try to compare our cases and to find some common points or patterns that might provide us some insights to comprehend our cases and help us to feel better... So simple.
All the best. And please let us stop here to exchange our different perceptions here in this entry. If you want to say something you can send me a private message, OK buddy?
Thanks for your understanding.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Blanka said:
Hi.
Just to show my case:
SINP PNP inland
AOR 27 June 2016
From 30 sept 2016 security check and still in process.
For my spouse security check from third party isnt over.
We are from Europe never traveled in some unsecure countries (My spouse have a lot of travels inside Europe and regulary military service 6 months).
Every time we call CIC they say the same answer "Third party security check for your spouse is not over".
In GCMS "PNP Secure outstanding", 2-L7QTRYG

So we are waiting almost 10 month and we are afraid that this status of our aplication can stand for next 10 month.
What do you guys think?
Thanks.
Hey Blanka, when does your VISA expires? Mine goes until Mar 2018. I think Matt's goes until december.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Getting together some useful info from other topics here. 1 possible action for us is to question CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) about security screening. The steps are described here. Basically, you can ask them by mail or faz and you will get an answer in 8 weeks. I intend to do that after I complete 7 months.

Details here:
https://csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

Immigration and Citizenship Screening
As authorized by sections 14 and 15 of the CSIS Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Citizenship Act, CSIS conducts immigration and citizenship screening to provide security advice to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on persons seeking some form of status or protection in Canada to ensure that they do not represent a threat to national security.

Through this program, CSIS provides security advice on

citizenship applicants;
permanent resident applicants;
temporary resident visa applicants, whether visitors, students or temporary workers; and
persons applying for refugee status in Canada.
While CSIS provides advice to its partners on potential threats to national security, the responsibility for decision making regarding a person’s admissibility to Canada as it relates to visa issuance (temporary or permanent resident visas) as well as citizenship applications belongs to IRCC. Decision on applications for refugee status in Canada are made by the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB).

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?
For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
So, I found the other guy on the same group that got the PPR:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thank-you-legalfalcon-t408185.0.html;msg5795757#msg5795757

Username is eqrkim
His timeline:
17 Aug - AOR
01 Sep - CELPIP req. & Submitted
01 Sep - Med Pass
02 Sep - BG to IP
29 Sep - BG to Not needed
02 Nov - Military Form Req. & submitted
18 Nov - 2nd BG to IP
01 Mar - PPR

From his 2ng BKG check to PPR took 3.5 months
Total PPR time took 6.5 months.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
And another one who seems to be waiting:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-july-2016-join-here-t432787.0.html;msg5786656#msg5786656

Maroo
PNP Outland
ITA: May 18, 2016
AOR: July 09, 2016
Review of eligibility: passed (July)
Review of Submitted Documents:
FBI PCC & Military Service Details provided on August 09, 2016
BG In Progress :August 03, 2016
Criminality : passed (August)
PPR:

Wasiasmet

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Praying
You mean to tell me people in this group are waiting since june and july????????? :eek: :eek:
That's too bad :mad:
I am in the same group except that i am an outlander
Because of my previous job , i had to travel to all of the "problematic" countries for many times like Tunisia,Sudan, Lybia,Turkey.....the list goes on