+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'PNP Secure Outstanding' and waiting - get together here!!!

Wasiasmet

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Praying
There are several threads about processing time longer than 6 months, but I was hoping to get the information from people who noticed "Secure Outstanding" on their GCMS notes.
I am currently at 11 months processing time and my notes show "Secure outstanding" too. Most of applicants with this got PPR in about 20 months, which seems to be the deadline for CIC.
Is there anyone who got it in less time than 20 months?
20 months!!!!!!!!

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
I have been waiting for 218 days for PPR (October 12th AOR).
Approaching 7,5 months.
Quite strange feeling that I have to wait potentially around additional 12,5 months. :)
More interestingly and funny that some people in the forum desperately try to rationalize this insane archaic and over-securitized immigration procedure instead of facing the truth, namely this type of bureaucracy is a kind of abuse and discrimination whatever its reason might be.
I know I have to accept it. But I don't have to agree with it. This is the delicate difference. And disagreeing with it has nothing to do with your intention to become a part of this beautiful country. I love this country anyway - and maybe this is another reason why I criticize the immigration practice of the over bureaucratized CIC.
Signature:
The guy in "security outstanding". :)

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Approaching 7,5 months.
Quite strange feeling that I have to wait potentially around additional 12,5 months. :)
More interestingly and funny that some people in the forum desperately try to rationalize this insane archaic and over-securitized immigration procedure instead of facing the truth, namely this type of bureaucracy is a kind of abuse and discrimination whatever its reason might be.
I know I have to accept it. But I don't have to agree with it. This is the delicate difference. And disagreeing with it has nothing to do with your intention to become a part of this beautiful country. I love this country anyway - and maybe this is another reason why I criticize the immigration practice of the over bureaucratized CIC.
Signature:
Does any of you guys have security screening going on in addition to normal security check.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Does any of you guys have security screening going on in addition to normal security check.
Second background check is the security screening. Nobody knows what this screening includes. I guess it is a standard security screening in which third parties (national/international) are also involved. That's why CIC does not have absolute control in this processing. However, CIC is the main decision maker at the end of the security screening. There is no "standard security check" and "non-standard security check" difference as much as I know. I hope this information somehow helps. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask here. We all are interested in new questions/answers. Best.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Second background check is the security screening. Nobody knows what this screening includes. I guess it is a standard security screening in which third parties (national/international) are also involved. That's why CIC does not have absolute control in this processing. However, CIC is the main decision maker at the end of the security screening. There is no "standard security check" and "non-standard security check" difference as much as I know. I hope this information somehow helps. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask here. We all are interested in new questions/answers. Best.
Do you know any "PNP Secure Outstanding" who got PPR?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Well even if this is a second background check, not everyone has to face it as per my understanding. What j wanted to know is if pnp secure outstanding guys have this in their gcms notes. Security screening is a separate entry in activities section of the gcms in addition to security.

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I believe who every have USA travel history is taking more time for security check (for PNP candidate ). Since FBI usually take 3 month to reply .

Wasiasmet

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Praying
Approaching 7,5 months.
Signature:
It is very very frustrating. Did you try to call IRCC?? We also need to know is the average waiting is really 20 months or is there anyone in this miserable group got their ppr before that

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are 10 months now, and nothing new, raised CSE since 15th of April and no answer, and i am expecting a template answer.
Started to believe this group takes more than a year.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
It will be 7 months for me next week. My TRV will expire next month. I will apply for TRV this week. I am sure that I won't get any decision before a year.
Meanwhile I went to my MP's (Justice Minister of Canada) office more than 2 weeks ago, no update from them either.

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
I learned that CSIS is usually done with "standard" security screening in about 40 days. For the unlucky ones as I am, it can take 400 and something days. It is in-depth screening to prevent possible security threats to Canada.
If EU citizen with no military, no government connections, with not many travels except those to neighbour countries and no USA connections or travels stands for "threat to Canada's security".

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Of course, not only CSIS does the security screening, there is also CBSA and who knows what else, but if we were an actual threat, they would've known that in a day. It is 2017, we don't use pigeon post to exchange information, it takes way too long (speaking for myself and my case) to complete that screening with no reason at all.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I believe who every have USA travel history is taking more time for security check (for PNP candidate ). Since FBI usually take 3 month to reply .
That is not true. My friend got PR within 5 months in last November. He is a PNP inland applicant.

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
That is not true. My friend got PR within 5 months in last November. He is a PNP inland applicant.
Is you friend submitted FBI ? What i was saying is delay happening for those person who stayed less than 6 month in USA or any other country and didn't submitted PCC or FBI for that as it not required, However CIC is doing a verification for those place too, so taking time.

This is the catch...

Maggiechen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Guys, I called CIC this morning, as I reached 6 month mark yesterday. The agent said everything is fine,but the security check is not completed yet. And I asked him if I was in the group of "PNP security outstanding"?He said he didn't see anything indicating that . I am wondering if what the agent see is the same with GCMS note?