+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS says Eligibility not met.. BUt Application not yet rejected!!

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
This is all on your luck, i saw 1 case where the person submitted cse on may 15th and got ppr on 2nd July.
Wishing everyone best of luck so that their files can be picked asap.
After digging so hard to figure out any cases similar to mine, I found that there were 9 cases which applicants’ eligibility not met, proactively submitted additional docs and then got ppr in the end. This kept me alive, otherwise I don’t know what should I do and can’t eat or sleep at all...

7 of their timeframes from submitting docs to their PPR: 4 days, 20 days, 1 month, 2 months (2 ppl), 3 months, 5 months...
Thank you guys.. that's some excellent information pooling! Let's keep each other posted here :) And may we all get through this asap!

@JssAmA among those cases, do you know if anyone was from Sydney VO ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Piyushagr21

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Thank you guys.. that's some excellent information pooling! Let's keep each other posted here :) And may we all get through this asap!

@JssAmA among those cases, do you know if anyone was from Sydney VO ?
Sorry, some didn’t mention, and the ones mentioned were from Ottawa VO.

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Reactions: FazleS

Piyushagr21

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney & CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019
Ok thank you!
When i spoke to ircc agent, she told my file is at NS sydney but after 1 month i got to know from goodale's email that file is at CPC Ottawa.
Don't know whom to trust.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
When i spoke to ircc agent, she told my file is at NS sydney but after 1 month i got to know from goodale's email that file is at CPC Ottawa.
Don't know whom to trust.
Yeah.. no clarity in sight

Reactions: Piyushagr21

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Yeah.. no clarity in sight
Yep, and the funniest thing is: when I talked to the first agent in July 24, unlike the previous agents I dealt with, she didn’t give me detailed infor like eligibility, criminality and security, but just generic phrase “your application is still in progress.” If I had never asked further, I would ended up with no idea that my eligibility was failed. I understand that one of their responsibilities is to conform us while executing their regular functions. But this is so ridiculous if my case would be rejected just because I didn’t ask and fix but just listened to whatever the agent fed me.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Yep, and the funniest thing is: when I talked to the first agent in July 24, unlike the previous agents I dealt with, she didn’t give me detailed infor like eligibility, criminality and security, but just generic phrase “your application is still in progress.” If I had never asked further, I would ended up with no idea that my eligibility was failed. I understand that one of their responsibilities is to conform us while executing their regular functions. But this is so ridiculous if my case would be rejected just because I didn’t ask and fix but just listened to whatever the agent fed me.
Update:
I finally received my first notes ordered on June 12 (61 days).

I was so confused...the case analyst gave me “recommended pass” on March 19 with all detailed comments...

But in the activity section, the status of eligibility changed from “recommended pass” to “passed”, and another status of eligibility changed from “not started” to “failed”. This section has no comments and no dates, but just how many times they ran checking...

As you may want to see what they wrote in my notes:

https://ibb.co/bB1zBq5

https://ibb.co/bzqdmX8

https://ibb.co/FwVwNbR

Last edited:

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Oh thats sad, do you know which document is not considered by the case officer that resulted in eligibility not met?
I missed including Roles & Responsibilities in my experience letter. Realized the mistake after reading in this forum and submitted the revised experience letter using CSE.
No ADR from IRCC on this. Recently I got notes, there also I saw that agent had marked it missing in April.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Update:
I finally received my first notes ordered on June 12 (61 days).

I was so confused...the case analyst gave me “recommended pass” on March 19 with all detailed comments...

But in the activity section, the status of eligibility changed from “recommended pass” to “passed”, and another status of eligibility changed from “not started” to “failed”. This section has no comments and no dates, but just how many times they ran checking...

As you may want to see what they wrote in my notes:

https://ibb.co/bB1zBq5

https://ibb.co/bzqdmX8

https://ibb.co/FwVwNbR
Got PPR email just now!!! Thanks for all useful and encouraging infor on this thread and forum!!!

Email address: CPCV_Extcom@cic.gc.ca

CPC-Edmonton
439 CRS
12.19 ITA
1.21 AOR
3.04 IP1
3.15 MEP
3.19 IP2
6.02 Ghost Update (it should be failed eligibility updated according to notes)
6.12 ATIP Notes ordered
7.24 Eligibility failed from agent
7.29 Proactively LOEs submitted via webform
8.07 Acknowledgment of receiving LOEs
8.12 Notes received (No comment about failed status)
8.17 Ghost Update
8.19 Application approved (known by call)
8.20 PPR!!!

FazleS

Aug 20, 2019
Congrats on your PPR @JssAmA. I'd like your advice people.
Yesterday, I passed the 6 month mark and today decided to call IRCC for the first time.
The agent told me the following:
- Your file is at CIO Sydney
- Eligibility not met due to work experience. However, this is not a final decision. Wait for an official response from us.
- Your file was last updated in May. We have put a request to the officer that this file is taking longer than usual.
- Criminality in process.
- Security not started.

I am worried because they said eligibility not met. However, I do not know what else I can submit through webform because in my initial application I submitted a work letter on company letterhead explaining job dates, duties, salary and also submitted some pay slips. The company is easily searchable on the internet too.

Can I do anything? Or should I apply for GCMS to know what was the problem under 'work experience' ?? @Immigration_guru

I would appreciate any help and advice.

Reactions: zivshek

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Yesterday, I passed the 6 month mark and today decided to call IRCC for the first time.
- Eligibility not met due to work experience. However, this is not a final decision. Wait for an official response from us.
- Your file was last updated in May. We have put a request to the officer that this file is taking longer than usual.
- Security not started.

I am worried because they said eligibility not met. However, I do not know what else I can submit through webform because in my initial application I submitted a work letter on company letterhead explaining job dates, duties, salary and also submitted some pay slips. The company is easily searchable on the internet too.

Can I do anything? Or should I apply for GCMS to know what was the problem under 'work experience' ?? @Immigration_guru

Definitely order the GCMS notes asap as they may shed some light on what's missing/insufficient. In case you have any doubts at all about your reference letter, submit an update.. If you're rather confident, then it may just require waiting till your case passes onto a senior officer for final review and gets approved like it probably was in the case of @JssAmA

Reactions: FazleS and JssAmA

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
- Security not started.

Scanning every single word and number you filled and submitted in your application. I’m glad that you could figure out it’s your work experience and take the right actions proactively.

In my case, I’m pretty sure that I have no issue regarding my work experience, since there is no problem at all about it in my first notes (you could see my previous posts the screenshots), but just the timeline (for the part not counted as CRS) could be complicated, so I got another two LOEs from my company and myself to explain the timeline about which period I work or not.

Until now, I still if my LOEs are useful or not, but I’m pretty sure they could trigger some officers to review your case comprehensively soon or later.

As long as you submitted the right documents, I think you should be fine (you can see my previous post that a lot of ppl in the same like you got PPR later https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-says-eligibility-not-met-but-application-not-yet-rejected.615390/page-3#post-8083311).

Be confident and Don’t worry too much!!! You’ve done what you could. Maybe you can keep calling them every week and ordering notes bi-weekly...I believe the final officer should be rational enough and love to see you proactively providing clear and relevant docs, as they have already done so much work to understand you and why should they waste more time to scan a new applicant but not give you a chance, right?

FazleS

Aug 20, 2019
Definitely order the GCMS notes asap as they may shed some light on what's missing/insufficient. In case you have any doubts at all about your reference letter, submit an update.. If you're rather confident, then it may just require waiting till your case passes onto a senior officer for final review and gets approved like it probably was in the case of @JssAmA
@JssAmA @Immigration_guru

I have a doubt on two things now:
  1. My reference letter does not mention all the duties according to my NOC. And although I had more duties that match the NOC, they were not all mentioned in the letter.

2. In my last month at work, I worked for only 10 days as stated in my reference letter. However, I was paid a full salary by my company as shown in the submitted pay slip. I was paid a full salary because after finishing my last day at work (August 10), I continued the hand over process remotely - but this was not stated in the letter.
  • Should I ask my employer to write me a follow up reference letter stating that not all duties were mentioned earlier and now list all my duties (which does match the NOC)?
  • Should I also ask my employer to explain why I was paid a full months salary when I worked for only 10 days in the last month?
Or no need of another reference letter and instead just submit LOE explaining all the roles and salary discrepancy?

I would really appreciate your advice on this.

Thanks.