+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Yes, it says S 16 C
so if you don't see anything else redacted/erased, it might mean they erased the status of your application under access to private information act 16c, but if you see something else redacted/erased on that page, then it might be true that you actually just have grant, but honestly i've never seen just grant.

ATIP Act 16:
Law enforcement and investigations

• 16 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains
    • (a) information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
      • (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,
      • (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or
      • (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,
    • if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;
    • (b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;
    • (c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
      • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
      • (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
      • (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or
    • (d) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.

xtremee

Dec 30, 2020
so if you don't see anything else redacted/erased, it might mean they erased the status of your application under access to private information act 16c, but if you see something else redacted/erased on that page, then it might be true that you actually just have grant, but honestly i've never seen just grant.

ATIP Act 16:
I dont see anything redacted or erased. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Also what does Grant mean?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I dont see anything redacted or erased. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Also what does Grant mean?
s.SOMENUMBER is put to indicate something was erased from that page under that article/law. so if there's nothing else erased, then probably your status is not actually grant, but something like Grant <ERASED STATUS>. It could be DF or it could be anything. From what I've seen, they new reports don't have DF in them, so they probably started erasing DF from status.

xtremee

Dec 30, 2020
s.SOMENUMBER is put to indicate something was erased from that page under that article/law. so if there's nothing else erased, then probably your status is not actually grant, but something like Grant <ERASED STATUS>. It could be DF or it could be anything. From what I've seen, they new reports don't have DF in them, so they probably started erasing DF from status.
Thank you. What does DF means?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Thank you. What does DF means?
I also requested my notes a while ago and haven't received it, so I'll see if they erased mine too. Here's my speculation about grant df, this is just my speculation, not sure if it is true.
  • Grant DF is a final review of a file by a higher ranked officer.
  • Not everyone is subject to this extra review.
  • It may or may not involve third party agencies, I don't have any information about this, it seems like they sometimes do and sometimes don't.
  • Most Grant DFs are requested fingerprints.
  • They started erasing DF from the new notes.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
I got a new set of notes.. They were generated a few days after LPP was completed and oath was scheduled. Nothing too informative tbh.

Location is now Ceremony Ready. Assignment still blank (or redacted).

PAPER FILE
Office: CPC Sydney
#:

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date:
Assigned By:
Assigned To:
Haven't received oath email yet, but based on this entry I'm guessing it's going to be a virutual one :)

Type: CIT Event
Sub Type: Other
Start Date/Time: 2024/03/21
Duration: 60
End Date/Time: 2024/03/21
Event Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations
Event Jurisdiction: Scarborough
Facility: Virtual ceremony/Cérémonie virtuelle
Language: English
NOTES: 1
Label: General
Text: In accordance with the Citizenship Act and Regulations, and based on the information provided: Canadian Citizenship is granted
Office: CPC Sydney

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I got a new set of notes.. They were generated a few days after LPP was completed and oath was scheduled. Nothing too informative tbh.

Location is now Ceremony Ready. Assignment still blank (or redacted).

Haven't received oath email yet, but based on this entry I'm guessing it's going to be a virutual one :)
My ceremony is scheduled for March 27th at Scarborough! No email yet, but most probably going to be same as yours.