+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I had E Grants in my ATIP in Oct'23 then in the nov'23 notes its E grants PE. Why would they redact earlier and then put it back>?
when you had E grants, did you see anything on the top right corner? Cuz if it was redacted, I believe they should inform you due to what section they redacted it.

All my ATIP notes, since PR; always had a section on top right corner whenever anything is redacted.

Cuz maybe “E-Grants” is a location and not necessary they redacted anything after.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
when you had E grants, did you see anything on the top right corner? Cuz if it was redacted, I believe they should inform you due to what section they redacted it.

All my ATIP notes, since PR; always had a section on top right corner whenever anything is redacted.

Cuz maybe “E-Grants” is a location and not necessary they redacted anything after.
nothing on top right

yongqi

Jan 21, 2024
I am also with 8090 , submitted late 2022, except test completed, all others are still in prograss, but last week got fingerprint request the second time, anyone expereinced the same?

• Wow
Reactions: Jalalcananda

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I am also with 8090 , submitted late 2022, except test completed, all others are still in prograss, but last week got fingerprint request the second time, anyone expereinced the same?
If the first fingerprint request was a year ago, it means that the background check has expired, and they have to request them again to redo it. That's a fairly routine situation

If not, something is weird. There was a British guy on the forum whose finger prints were being lost by IRCC numerous times, he had quite an ordeal, and ended up on TV. After that TV report, IRCC finally managed to get their wits together, but it took 4 years to get to that point :D

yongqi

Jan 21, 2024
If the first fingerprint request was a year ago, it means that the background check has expired, and they have to request them again to redo it. That's a fairly routine situation

If not, something is weird. There was a British guy on the forum whose finger prints were being lost by IRCC numerous times, he had quite an ordeal, and ended up on TV. After that TV report, IRCC finally managed to get their wits together, but it took 4 years to get to that point :D
I see, first time was requested end of feb 2023, only less than 11 month ,

Also, anyone got ghost update on Jan 16?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I see, first time was requested end of feb 2023, only less than 11 month ,

Also, anyone got ghost update on Jan 16?
If you've got a few hours you don't mind wasting trying to get though their phone line and waiting on hold, it might be worth it to call them and ask if something is missing in your file that should be there.
If not, maybe just wait a few months, see if they get your background check completed.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I am kind of on the same boat as you, only no fingerprints were ever requested. In the GCMS notes it did say the RCMP check was passed in March 2023. I just recently requested for CSIS notes because it seems like everyone is saying that's what's holding up with BG.

yongqi

Jan 21, 2024
I am kind of on the same boat as you, only no fingerprints were ever requested. In the GCMS notes it did say the RCMP check was passed in March 2023. I just recently requested for CSIS notes because it seems like everyone is saying that's what's holding up with BG.
I requested csis notes too. Still waiting

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
What is your location status in the GCMS? Is it Location: Grant PM01 or DF or other?

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
What is your location status in the GCMS? Is it Location: Grant PM01 or DF or other?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
I requested my CSIS notes, and from what I can tell, they ask for security clearance to CSIS on the same they sent you your AOR. I mean it doesn't show when they requested it, but it shows when the CSIS responded, and I got my AOR on 30 Aug, and they responded on Sep 13. So in about two weeks. In my notes, I can also see that I passed security (ATIP officer didn't redact it properly and I matched "Status: Passed" from another section and it matched exactly so I'm pretty sure I passed it)

Reactions: Tamiou

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
My latest GCMS notes have gone back to "location: e-grants PE".

Requested | Location
Sept e-grants PE
Oct e-grants
Nov e-grants
Dec e-grants PE

Coincidentally, Sept and Dec notes were generated by one employee code, and Oct and Nov notes were generated by another employee code. It could still very well be reading too much, but to me this lends support to the conjecture that different ATIP clerks apply redactions differently.

Anyways, the wait CONTINUES :confused:

Reactions: Jalalcananda