+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
So...I went back to my GCMS notes to read it again and most of my assessments were completed by RC 8090 however my processing office always remained Mississauga - never Sydney. Makes me question how these codes are assigned or it could be that either primary or secondary offices can access our files and work on it simultaneously? In my case my primary was mississauga and secondary was syndey. I know for a fact my file always stayed in Mississauga because I literally called every week to check in on my file location. Weird.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
So...I went back to my GCMS notes to read it again and most of my assessments were completed by RC 8090 however my processing office always remained Mississauga - never Sydney. Makes me question how these codes are assigned or it could be that either primary or secondary offices can access our files and work on it simultaneously? In my case my primary was mississauga and secondary was syndey. I know for a fact my file always stayed in Mississauga because I literally called every week to check in on my file location. Weird.
There is no physical place for the file. It is online and accessible to these officers if they want to work on it and not drink coffee and talk about their vacation trips and hockey or their dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: mbaleine

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Try calling them too, to understand what's the hold up. You should atleast have got your test done by now.

Closing in on 14 months end of January. Still have some hope left....
Hi, I noticed you have Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM01,, mine is Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM03

Do you know what the difference is, and how long should we expect another update for next step?

Reactions: adstarscream732

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I think your file is a paper application with an urgent priority. The Sydney office is taking care of these applications. Your situation is not even close to ours to tell us there is hope in RC 8090.
Ditto this. RC-8090 and hope don't belong in the same sentence unless you put "no" in front of hope.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hi, I noticed you have Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM01,, mine is Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM03

Do you know what the difference is, and how long should we expect another update for next step?
In other forums that I've perused, usually if you have PM-03 it means it's assigned to a senior officer to review and PM-01 is for routine applications.

mukomana

Star Member
Mar 19, 2021
I think your file is a paper application with an urgent priority. The Sydney office is taking care of these applications. Your situation is not even close to ours to tell us there is hope in RC 8090.
Online application and no urgent processing requested

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I tried calling them. They asked me to call after one month to check any update on the application. Its horrible
I would:
1) keep calling because each agent is different and some are more seasoned.
2) go through your local MP as well - in some cases they are helpful too depending on their staff and MP and some can be useless. It all depends on the person and who you are dealing with i.e. good work ethic or not.
3) request GCMS notes as well

Try all methods and hopefully one of them will yield some result or update.