+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Yes, the location of the paper file itself indicates that it moves from one department to another, but that does not explain what 'E-grant DF' means.
Location: E-Grant DF is probably the most significant words recently in the IRCC GCMS notes, however, nobody seems to know what it actually means not even those IRCC customer care representatives we call on phone.
But personally I don't think its a good word because everybody that saw E-Grant DF in their GCMS notes seems to be experiencing significant delay in their application.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Location: E-Grant DF is probably the most significant words recently in the IRCC GCMS notes, however, nobody seems to know what it actually means not even those IRCC customer care representatives we call on phone.
But personally I don't think its a good word because everybody that saw E-Grant DF in their GCMS notes seems to be experiencing significant delay in their application.
maybe it means delayed/deferred further lol, but jokes aside yeah I think it is a bad sign.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
i wonder if we can make a ATIP request on what they mean? I mean it is a government info, and this is what ATIP is for (the five dollar option), inquirying these kind of info. So, i think it should work but who knows. We can ask what does GCMS notes abbreviations mean like "E-GRANT DF," and other abbreviations used commonly in applications.
Don't pay for it. It is free.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Don't pay for it. It is free.
It is free if you are requesting your own info. A general inquiry like this won't fall under Privacy Act but would fall under Access to Private Information Act. If I hadn't already have 4 ongoing ATIP requests, I wouldn't mind the 5 dollars fee, but just in case these kinda of requests affect the speed of our applications, I plan to refrain from requesting a general ATIP request. If it is true, I'm under some kind of investigation lol, and I'm pretty sure their data sources would include ATIP requests, so the number of requests would probably cause longer wait time, but this is just speculation of course, I can't be sure.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
It is free if you are requesting your own info. A general inquiry like this won't fall under Privacy Act but would fall under Access to Private Information Act. If I hadn't already have 4 ongoing ATIP requests, I wouldn't mind the 5 dollars fee, but just in case these kinda of requests affect the speed of our applications, I plan to refrain from requesting a general ATIP request. If it is true, I'm under some kind of investigation lol, and I'm pretty sure their data sources would include ATIP requests, so the number of requests would probably cause longer wait time, but this is just speculation of course, I can't be sure.
Yeah but I think these requests do not make the process longer. Even for some files these requests made it move after a long time of silence. Who know. Ircc is a black-hole :confused:

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Yeah but I think these requests do not make the process longer. Even for some files these requests made it move after a long time of silence. Who know. Ircc is a black-hole :confused:
yeah I agree. Personally, I don't think it affects the timeframe for an average immigrant, but since my notes suggests that I have a some sort of investigation going on about me, and because it is probably processed by the CSIS and we don't know what sources of information they use, it might make my application longer. So, I try to refrain from making ATIP requests as much as possible. Who knows, they might even be lurking here and I might be making my application take longer simply by typing here hahaha.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
As 2023 draws to a close, my application, submitted in June 2023 and initially assigned to Vancouver, is currently under the jurisdiction of Sydney 8090 for LPP since August 9th. The file's current location is the enigmatic E-grant DF.

Interestingly, my 9-year-old son, part of the same application group, recently transitioned from "not started" to "in process" in both BG and LPP. I'm curious if this alteration in my child's application status holds any significance.

Wishing you an early Happy New Year!

Reactions: adbcca

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
This post can help to understand DF
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2023-citizenship-applications.804495/post-10706929
DF comes after reviewing this file and being ready for decision.
Reading that post I can confirm I have a similar situation to yours! My notes #1 is also blank (redacted). But I feel like for the person who has showed note #1 visible it was not redacted for some reason and may be that we all have the same reason. I will also stay positive and say that it is a good thing and hop things get completed soon.

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Reading that post I can confirm I have a similar situation to yours! My notes #1 is also blank (redacted). But I feel like for the person who has showed note #1 visible it was not redacted for some reason and may be that we all have the same reason. I will also stay positive and say that it is a good thing and hop things get completed soon.
did you check why it was redacted? like under which law? I have s.21 and s.22 on my notes (at the top right corner, and in the email they send)

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
redacted under this law: s.22(1)(b)
I think this is about the security screening page that is always blank. Maybe also for Note 1!!!
The processing of your request is now complete and enclosed is the personal information to which you are entitled to under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you to access information about yourself. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 18

Reactions: Anonyref

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
i wonder if we can make a ATIP request on what they mean? I mean it is a government info, and this is what ATIP is for (the five dollar option), inquirying these kind of info. So, i think it should work but who knows. We can ask what does GCMS notes abbreviations mean like "E-GRANT DF," and other abbreviations used commonly in applications.
I think it's possible in theory, but in execution it requires a certain, very specific and particular way of phrasing in order to extract a meaningful response (if a response at all) from IRCC. Not unlike the kind of language and framing as seen in https://open.canada.ca/en/search/ati/reference/9e385830c1c16e89d0b9956b1d3226cd.