+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
The stupidity is them providing this document to general public in this form.
Providing some form of information is required by the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act. But in this case, probably some Ottawa bureaucrat sitting comfortably from their office chair just decided that it was least work to throw them this semi-indecipherabe blob of text while fulfilling the legal requirement in name.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
I have seen cases for folks who have assignment section blank but in their location they have PM01 review ready and they see movement in their application so I don't know maybe for some it's redacted and for some they just choose not to work on it until it reaches the 17th month. Sigh!
I think it is possible that LPP stage verification has been completed by Sydney and the local office is yet to open the completed report.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I think it is possible that LPP stage verification has been completed by Sydney and the local office is yet to open the completed report.
Could be. That explains why people have their local office as their 'Paper file location' but LPP assigned to Sydney which is kind of contradictory.

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
My tracker and my wife's tracker say Updated:November 24, 2023 but LPP still in progress and the last real update was our test completion in Mar 2023. Anyone else see this? Is this similar to the ghost update in Oct?

Reactions: Calgary222

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
My tracker and my wife's tracker say Updated:November 24, 2023 but LPP still in progress and the last real update was our test completion in Mar 2023. Anyone else see this? Is this similar to the ghost update in Oct?
We didn't get the update so it was a real update for sure. You will see some movement soon.

Last edited:

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
We didn't get the update so it was a real update for sure. You will see some movement soon.
Really hope so, it's been a long journey!!

Did this happen to you or anyone else here before LPP complete? I don't remember seeing this because most people report LPP showed up as complete directly on the tracker. Hope there's nothing wrong with our application!!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023

Did this happen to you or anyone else here before LPP complete? I don't remember seeing this because most people report LPP showed up as complete directly on the tracker. Hope there's nothing wrong with our application!!
My LPP is still pending. I don't know why they complete some LPP's without a GU, one reason could be that maybe some folks don't report it but there are cases like yours where they get an update first either requiring an interview or not followed by LPP completion.
Hopefully, yours won't take long and will complete soon.
Overall having a GU is a good sign.

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
My LPP is still pending. I don't know why they complete some LPP's without a GU, one reason could be that maybe some folks don't report it but there are cases like yours where they get an update first either requiring an interview or not followed by LPP completion.
Hopefully, yours won't take long and will complete soon.
Overall having a GU is a good sign.
Yeah better than nothing since March. Hope for a real update soon!! Hope you get a positive update soon as well!!

Reactions: Calgary222

gayathri1090

Apr 20, 2016

Yes, we had a ghost update on November 21st after more than 6 months of no updates. But no change in LPP. Let's hope for something good soon.

Reactions: tenhag

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
The post is a ray of hope for RC 8090 group who are waiting from a long time. Below is my timeline:

Type: Online application -
Application sent: Jan 15, 2023
Delivered: Jan 15, 2023
AOR: Jan 31, 2023
Background Completed: March 2,2023
Test completed: March 17,2023
Updated on tracker: March 30,2023
Complete silence after that. Requested GCMS notes 3 times and every time got almost the same material like LPP not started, application assigned to RC 8090, Location was "Review ready PM03" and finally
LPP: Nov 22,2023
Updated on tracker: Nov 24,2023
Oath: Not started

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Update: LPP marked complete today Nov 25. Citizenship ceremony not started yet.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Providing some form of information is required by the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act. But in this case, probably some Ottawa bureaucrat sitting comfortably from their office chair just decided that it was least work to throw them this semi-indecipherabe blob of text while fulfilling the legal requirement in name.
Exactly. Providing a summary section with clear guidelines on what it means could have served the purpose.