+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

Hanonymous

Jan 25, 2019
Hey everyone!

Wondering if anyone is in the same position as me. Applied from Ottawa.

Me timeline below:

Online application: 7th Sept, 2022
BG completed: 23rd Dec, 2022
Test completed: 27th Mar, 2023 (outside Canada)
Language completed: 21st June, 2023
Online Teams interview: 20th Sept, 2023 (from outside Canada)
Returned to Canada on 5th Oct and emailed boarding pass to office, also raised a webform.

Since the interview there has been no update. My initial office was Niagara but application got moved to Mississauga. Just received GCMS notes and Prohibitions/Presence is assigned to RC-8090 which I believe is bad news as it will delay my application further. Location is assigned to “E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready”.

The application is beyond its due date of Sept 7, 2023. Are there any steps I can take to escalate? Thanks!
Just got an update, everything marked as complete except citizenship ceremony, it's "Not Started".

Reactions: kyra15734

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Just got an update, everything marked as complete except citizenship ceremony, it's "Not Started".
That is awesome! Hope you get your oath ceremony invite soon! :)

On your timeline, I see that you gave your online interview from outside Canada, and returned to Canada and emailed your boarding pass. Did it come up during your interview, and is the expectation that you will return to Canada?

I ask coz I wrote the test from outside Canada, will be giving my interview from outside Canada as well, on Nov 10th and I am currently working in the US. So, I can return to Canada, but only temporarily :(

Hanonymous

Jan 25, 2019
That is awesome! Hope you get your oath ceremony invite soon! :)

On your timeline, I see that you gave your online interview from outside Canada, and returned to Canada and emailed your boarding pass. Did it come up during your interview, and is the expectation that you will return to Canada?

I ask coz I wrote the test from outside Canada, will be giving my interview from outside Canada as well, on Nov 10th and I am currently working in the US. So, I can return to Canada, but only temporarily :(

Is your interview online or physical? Mine was online, got a letter with Teams link. I even gave my interview from UK.

They verified my identity, asked me to show my PR card and passport. Asked about my work history and that's it. It was pretty straight forward, just be honest with the answers. I'd advise you to not say anything more than what they ask. They never asked me to return but i did it anyway. I don’t think it has an impact on my application.