+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
How do I lose my PR status and they don't know. They issue and revoke PRs. I am surprised
I think PR office is somewhat separate from the citizenship office.
I had long delays on both citizenship (26 months) and PR card renewal applications (4.5 month), and after filing mandamus, citizenship office requested urgent processing of PR card renewal from the PR office. At least this is what I have gathered from ATIP notes I ordered after my oath.

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I think PR office is somewhat separate from the citizenship office.
I had long delays on both citizenship (26 months) and PR card renewal applications (4.5 month), and after filing mandamus, citizenship office requested urgent processing of PR card renewal from the PR office. At least this is what I have gathered from ATIP notes I ordered after my oath.
Thanks for sharing the information, I still don't know how would they think I loose PR status while I am still in canada. Hopefully they don't take too long to figure out that I am still a PR

Reactions: bas12

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for sharing the information, I still don't know how would they think I loose PR status while I am still in canada. Hopefully they don't take too long to figure out that I am still a PR
Verification is part of the process. Many things are automated, but sometimes manual verification is required. I believe PR status is part of immigration clearance.

Check out this file
https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/93f692f2-4496-4e26-bf87-dea3f09083dc/downloads/CP6+-+Prohibitions.pdf?ver=1674583914012

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
woke up to some positive new - LPP finally cleared. It's been exactly 8 months since I cleared the citizenship test :)
Amazing news! I love how IRCC is moving so quickly these days. I got oath update about 5 days after LPP completed, so fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: harsh237

harsh237

Dec 22, 2021
Amazing news! I love how IRCC is moving so quickly these days. I got oath update about 5 days after LPP completed, so fingers crossed for you!
Yeah hope so too. I got an unofficial confirmation that it's scheduled for 10th Nov. Maybe they're quicker now due to the coming holiday season.

Reactions: becca545

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
last update! :D
I did my ceremony online this Thursday, received the certificate right away (since I'm traveling this weekend already, I asked them during the registration - right after cutting my PR card! - if they could send the certificate earlier. They were super kind and understanding btw!), so I applied for the passport on the same day (wait time was less than 10 minutes), and received it the next day! It's the newly designed passport - very very cool! and I'm so happy!!
These 2 days have been very exciting, and the weather was perfect to celebrate, with all the beautiful colours all around, blue skies and great temperature.
I feel more happy than ever about becoming a Canadian citizen.

For those who are still waiting - hang in there! When the time comes, it's going to be amazing! (I guess with all the wait, it becomes even more precious!)

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
last update! :D
I did my ceremony online this Thursday, received the certificate right away (since I'm traveling this weekend already, I asked them during the registration - right after cutting my PR card! - if they could send the certificate earlier. They were super kind and understanding btw!), so I applied for the passport on the same day (wait time was less than 10 minutes), and received it the next day! It's the newly designed passport - very very cool! and I'm so happy!!
These 2 days have been very exciting, and the weather was perfect to celebrate, with all the beautiful colours all around, blue skies and great temperature.
I feel more happy than ever about becoming a Canadian citizen.

For those who are still waiting - hang in there! When the time comes, it's going to be amazing! (I guess with all the wait, it becomes even more precious!)
Congrats! Did you receive e certificate download instructions before your oath was scheduled?

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
I got an update on my online tracker after ages!! They have scheduled me for an interview on Nov 10th. They also sent an email asking for scanned copies of all pages of my passports during the eligibility period

Application Sent: Dec 28, 2022
AoR: Jan 13, 2023
Citizenship Test Given: Apr 4, 2023
Test Marked Complete: Apr 5, 2023
Application is assigned to RC-8090

Does anyone know if everything goes well with the interview, I could ask for the oath ceremony to be scheduled soon, so I can do everything in one single trip to Canada?

Hanonymous

Jan 25, 2019
I got an update on my online tracker after ages!! They have scheduled me for an interview on Nov 10th. They also sent an email asking for scanned copies of all pages of my passports during the eligibility period

Application Sent: Dec 28, 2022
AoR: Jan 13, 2023
Citizenship Test Given: Apr 4, 2023
Test Marked Complete: Apr 5, 2023
Application is assigned to RC-8090

Does anyone know if everything goes well with the interview, I could ask for the oath ceremony to be scheduled soon, so I can do everything in one single trip to Canada?
I am in a similar position. I gave my test back in March outside Canada which triggered the online interview. They also asked for my passport pages. Had the interview on Sept 20th, no update after that. Also assigned to RC-8090.

Online application: 7th Sept, 2022
BG completed: 23rd Dec, 2022
Test completed: 27th Mar, 2023 (outside Canada)
Language completed: 21st June, 2023
Online Teams interview: 20th Sept, 2023 (from outside Canada)
Returned to Canada on 5th Oct and emailed boarding pass to office, also raised a webform.

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
I am in a similar position. I gave my test back in March outside Canada which triggered the online interview. They also asked for my passport pages. Had the interview on Sept 20th, no update after that. Also assigned to RC-8090.

Online application: 7th Sept, 2022
BG completed: 23rd Dec, 2022
Test completed: 27th Mar, 2023 (outside Canada)
Language completed: 21st June, 2023
Online Teams interview: 20th Sept, 2023 (from outside Canada)
Returned to Canada on 5th Oct and emailed boarding pass to office, also raised a webform.
oh you were asked to attend an interview online? I thought I'd have to fly to Canada to attend the interview. I am currently in the US and wrote my test from the US as well.

May I ask what they asked during the interview?