+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS - RC-8090

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Can SS happen even after BG is completed and while LPP is in progress?
Never, SS is second component of BG check, while Criminality is first component. Though completed BG can go again in process during Prohibition check, but even that doesn't trigger SS at that stage.

Reactions: Pushpaacna

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Never, SS is second component of BG check, while Criminality is first component. Though completed BG can go again in process during Prohibition check, but even that doesn't trigger SS at that stage.
Thank you for your response! My BG completed before test invite. Test completed in Feb. LPP in progress. Agent confirmed over phone that file is with Sydney office. Already over 6 months LPP in progress. Should I expect something soon?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Thank you for your response! My BG completed before test invite. Test completed in Feb. LPP in progress. Agent confirmed over phone that file is with Sydney office. Already over 6 months LPP in progress. Should I expect something soon?
LPP always done by CPC-S (RC-8090), then file moves back to local or other VO for oath invite. Tons of folks waiting for LPP after test and BGC, hang tight, there's always a light at the end of tunnel. Its frustrating but it is what it is. Good luck

SharpRatio 2.0

Sep 9, 2020
LPP always done by CPC-S (RC-8090), then file moves back to local or other VO for oath invite. Tons of folks waiting for LPP after test and BGC, hang tight, there's always a light at the end of tunnel. It's frustrating but it is what it is. Good luck
Really? It's interesting to know that all LPP are reviewed and completed by RC 8090 (CPC - Sydney).
I thought that for those who swift through (like complete everything within a matter of 3 - 4 month), their LPP was reviewed and completed by local VO.

If all applicants' LPP are done by CPC - Sydney (RC 8090), why some are much faster, but some are much slower?

Thx

Reactions: ppcg2510

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Really? It's interesting to know that all LPP are reviewed and completed by RC 8090 (CPC - Sydney).
I thought that for those who swift through (like complete everything within a matter of 3 - 4 month), their LPP was reviewed and completed by local VO.

If all applicants' LPP are done by CPC - Sydney (RC 8090), why some are much faster, but some are much slower?

Thx
There's no logic in lottery. IRCC works in its own mysterious ways, recently in 2023, have seen a case where test marked completed and next very day the LPP.

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
Hi Everyone, Called ircc agent and they told me LPP was completed on Aug 20th, now waiting for Oath..
however .. my tracker still shows in progress LPP still not updated yet..
they said tracker will update soon.. i thought the tracker updates in real time...

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Hi Everyone, Called ircc agent and they told me LPP was completed on Aug 20th, now waiting for Oath..
they said tracker will update soon.. i thought the tracker updates in real time...
It was completed yesterday?

I believe the tracker updates once a day, sometime in the middle of the night.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Congrats, when was your AOR?

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
it takes 2 days to update on tracker

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
Got GCMS notes end of July 2023 with LPP assigned to RC 8090 Sydney since Feb 2023. I just spoke to a nice IRCC agent and told him I've been waiting for 13 months and I understand how busy they are but it'd be nice to get some semblance of knowing that my application isn't stuck since March 2nd update and he said my LPP is completed. I said that's odd because LPP on my online status shows in progress. He said it's completed on his end. So I asked for the date it was completed and he said he can't give me that and that the application is progressing well.

I wish us all a speedy process with this. I know it's disheartening seeing people who applied only 6 or less months ago getting their oaths because while we are happy for them, we wish ours would also move alongside theirs. Sigh.

My timeline
AOR - July 2022
Fingerprint request - Nov 2022
BG completed - Dec 2022
Test completed - Feb 2023
GU - March 2nd 2023
LPP - In progress
Oath - not started

So the waiting game continues.
So the agent wasn't lying!!!!! I just got LPP completed today but it shows it was done back on August 18th so the agent was telling the truth!!!! Now it's only oath left!!!

Last edited:

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
The agent lied to you then. They can tell what dates the LPP completed. Thats odd that he didnt give you the date. Try to request GCMS notes to find out because some agents are not reliable.
The agent wasn't lying! Lmao just got my LPP completed on status tracker with the date being August 18th. Now I know why the agent was laughing on the phone when he said it's completed even if I can't see it! So glad that's over. Left just for Oath! Wish you all the best!

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
No it doesn't update real time. Same thing happened to me on Friday and I just saw the LPP update with Friday date.