+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes

recept

Jun 29, 2022
Hi everyone. I thought of ordering GCMS notes for my study permit, since i haven't got any decision yet for my study permit application which has been submitted 6 months ago. But i saw a thread from this forum that says only citizens and PRs can order GCMS notes, but it was posted 5years ago. So is it valid for today as well? If it is, Is there a way to order gcms notes as a foreign national without bothering a canadian citizen or a PR to apply for it behalf of me?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone. I thought of ordering GCMS notes for my study permit, since i haven't got any decision yet for my study permit application which has been submitted 6 months ago. But i saw a thread from this forum that says only citizens and PRs can order GCMS notes, but it was posted 5years ago. So is it valid for today as well? If it is, Is there a way to order gcms notes as a foreign national?
Not true. You can order them through the Government (google order access to information/GCMS) or a company can do it for you.

Reactions: recept

recept

Jun 29, 2022
If you haven’t received a response and GCMS notes can take up to 3 months, you most likely are not going to get much information if you haven’t received a final devision.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
in here it says i have to upload canadian passport or pr card or i have to give the consent to a citizen or a PR to order gcms notes. Im confused. Even i was filling the form there is a place to upload Canadian passport and such. Im confused. Am i doing it wrong?

recept

Jun 29, 2022
If you haven’t received a response and GCMS notes can take up to 3 months, you most likely are not going to get much information if you haven’t received a final devision.
It has been 6 months since i submitted my application. i would really like to see if there are any comments from Visa officer on my file

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
in here it says i have to upload canadian passport or pr card or i have to give the consent to a citizen or a PR to order gcms notes. Im confused. Even i was filling the form there is a place to upload Canadian passport and such. Im confused. Am i doing it wrong?
My GCMS notes were requested through a Canadian citizen. I had to sign a form granting him permission to request information on my behalf.

If you don't know any Canadian citizen or permanent resident, there are online services that can do it for you. The only thing is they will charge you more than CAD 5.00, which is the cost to request the notes.

I've read it's now possible for non Canadian citizens / permanent residents to request them directly but I'm not sure how... good luck!

Reactions: recept