+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

Vuyyuru

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi @caipsnotes i just got a reply to my webform I see my background verifications are in process and I see my security is not initiated but I see my criminal background is valid my question is how many kind of background verifications they do any insights are highly appreciated
Hi there. Having these exemption codes will not delay your application in anyway. These codes only mean that information was withheld from disclosure for a specific reason and as a result it's redacted from the Gcms Notes. The redaction can be a sentence, a paragraph or even an entire page. As your file progress and new information is added to the Gcms system then the exemptions taken can also change. You can see the mapping of all the exemption codes here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/exemption-grid. Also, if you have the email from IRCC which included the Gcms file then that email will list all the exemptions that were applied to your file.

Jan 1, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon thank you for all your responses. I have been a silent member of the forum until now. I entered Canada in 2018 as a PR and then sponsored my spouse which in in progress. I requested the GCMS notes and I have the following questions:

1. In criminality, it says passed, but the BGC is still in progress, does that mean the criminality is still not done yet.
2. For security, do I need to be concerned since I was in the police before and my spouse too has worked for the government. Will my security be done again as I am the sponsor.
3. In the GCMS notes I see the following on page 2 that the security is blank. Do sponsorship applications also go through security and is it the same as PR application.

Your valuable feedback is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Middlesbourne

Sep 23, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
Nomination.....
June 2019
AOR Received.
05 Feb 2020
Med's Done....
Dec 2021
Passport Req..
Dec 2021
Hi @legalfalcon thank you for all your responses. I have been a silent member of the forum until now. I entered Canada in 2018 as a PR and then sponsored my spouse which in in progress. I requested the GCMS notes and I have the following questions:

1. In criminality, it says passed, but the BGC is still in progress, does that mean the criminality is still not done yet.
2. For security, do I need to be concerned since I was in the police before and my spouse too has worked for the government. Will my security be done again as I am the sponsor.
3. In the GCMS notes I see the following on page 2 that the security is blank. Do sponsorship applications also go through security and is it the same as PR application.

Thank you in advance.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes i just got a reply to my webform I see my background verifications are in process and I see my security is not initiated but I see my criminal background is valid my question is how many kind of background verifications they do any insights are highly appreciated
Hi there, Background verification is a generic term used by IRCC that encompasses Criminality checks, Information Sharing and Security Screening. Security Screening only starts after Eligibility Review is Passed. Some more info about all this here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#background-check

It seems your Eligibility Review has not Passed as yet?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thank you in advance.
If you have a sponsorship application, it is processed in two stages, first the eligibility of the sponsor is ascertained, and then the admissibility if the sponsored. To ascertain the admissibility of the sponsor, it is seen that the sponsor is eligible to sponsor, has a legal status in Canada, not receiving social assistance and are able to take care of your sponsored family member.

When it come to reviewing the admissibility of the sponsored, criminality, security, medicals etc. are taken into consideration.

BGC involves criminality, security, info sharing. If your criminality is passed, then it is while the security may still be pending, and thus the BGC status will show in progress.

As a sponsor, you are only checked for the factors I listed above. Your, i.e. sponsor's security will not be done again.

If the security is blank, you will see a section on the top right of the page that will let you know under which section it has been redacted. Sponsorship applications also go through security, for the sponsored, and it is mostly the same as that for PR application, but for the sponsored only.

To read more on security, see https://bit.ly/2EYWJPP

Reactions: toronto_sam1989

Vuyyuru

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi there, Background verification is a generic term used by IRCC that encompasses Criminality checks, Information Sharing and Security Screening. Security Screening only starts after Eligibility Review is Passed. Some more info about all this here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#background-check

It seems your Eligibility Review has not Passed as yet?
Hi @caipsnotes thank you for the reply in the same web form it says eligibility passed medical valid so I am little confused

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
We r may 2018 applicant. We have a representative and it’s a Outland sponsorship. We haven’t heard anything after may 2019. I want to know how to order the notes from 2019-2020 and the safe site to order it from. Please and thank you

Jan 1, 2020
We r may 2018 applicant. We have a representative and it’s a Outland sponsorship. We haven’t heard anything after may 2019. I want to know how to order the notes from 2019-2020 and the safe site to order it from. Please and thank you
If the sponsor is in Canada, the sponsor can request the GCMS notes for free through the ATIP website. You do not need any website to do that for you and the process is very simple. You will have to ask the sponsored spouse to sign a consent form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf
where the spouse who is sponsoring is the designated individual. Just fill in the details on the ATIP website and attach the form and submit. The GCMS notes will be sent to you by email.

I have been using https://getgcms.com. I find them very professional and a lot of my other friends too have used them for their GCMS notes. Since I moved to Canada, I have been requesting my own notes for my sponsorship application.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes thank you for the reply in the same web form it says eligibility passed medical valid so I am little confused
Hello, web form responses typically doesn't mention the word Passed. Is it mentioned so or was that an inference? Do you mind sharing the text from the web form response. Thanks

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
@caipsnotes Hello, my application was transferred to HK IRCC 8 months ago. I have been ordering GCMS notes every other month, and my eligibility still shows not started with no new officer's notes made to my file as of now. If an officer starts to look into my file, would eligibility change to in progress? Or would it only change to passed or recommended pass once the officer has made a decision on my eligibility assessment?

I'm really confused, and I'm not even sure my file is being looked at in the past 8 months. Could you provide some insights? Thank you in advance.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@caipsnotes Hello, my application was transferred to HK IRCC 8 months ago. I have been ordering GCMS notes every other month, and my eligibility still shows not started with no new officer's notes made to my file as of now. If an officer starts to look into my file, would eligibility change to in progress? Or would it only change to passed or recommended pass once the officer has made a decision on my eligibility assessment?

I'm really confused, and I'm not even sure my file is being looked at in the past 8 months. Could you provide some insights? Thank you in advance.

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the lack of progress. Within your GCMS file there is a section for Eligibility Assessment which will list associated activity. Does that have any information at all? Also, have you received your permanent UCI number as yet?

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
If the sponsor is in Canada, the sponsor can request the GCMS notes for free through the ATIP website. You do not need any website to do that for you and the process is very simple. You will have to ask the sponsored spouse to sign a consent form https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf
where the spouse who is sponsoring is the designated individual. Just fill in the details on the ATIP website and attach the form and submit. The GCMS notes will be sent to you by email.

I have been using https://getgcms.com. I find them very professional and a lot of my other friends too have used them for their GCMS notes. Since I moved to Canada, I have been requesting my own notes for my sponsorship application.
do i need to sign anything for the 2nd option?

Vuyyuru

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hello, web form responses typically doesn't mention the word Passed. Is it mentioned so or was that an inference? Do you mind sharing the text from the web form response. Thanks
Hi @caipsnotes this the web reply I got
The background verifications are in process
The security background verification has not been initiated
The criminal background verifications is currently valid
The eligibility is passed
The medical examination results on file are valid
Furthermore all the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the lack of progress. Within your GCMS file there is a section for Eligibility Assessment which will list associated activity. Does that have any information at all? Also, have you received your permanent UCI number as yet?
Thank you for your reply. There is no activity under my eligibility assessment other than the lead officer from Sydney, NS creating such assessment. Bizarrely, my info sharing shows system error, with US biographic causing the problem. I wonder if it has some impact on my file.

I have a UCI with my temporary resident visa application, and they promoted it to be my UCI for spousal sponsorship application. It shows on my sponsor approval and AOR letter.

Do you perhaps have any suggestions on what to do at this stage? I really appreciate your help.