HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Others Reqs:
Final:

FYI, I also received a pre-arrival letter in feb-march (don't remember the exact date)
Thanks for sharing. Your application looks in good shape. Security is blank when underway/completed and your notes also mention PPT request. You are almost there and have to just wait for now.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
One small thing, can the officer change the eligibility to ‘passed’ from ‘met’ without any notes under notes section (last few pages)?
Usually the notes section has an Officer review area, where applicable, and comments in there may be redacted. However any decision as such will be reflected on page 2 under the Assessments section; this is the best place to see a summary of the status of an application.

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Usually the notes section has an Officer review area, where applicable, and comments in there may be redacted. However any decision as such will be reflected on page 2 under the Assessments section; this is the best place to see a summary of the status of an application.
Thanks again for the quick revert.

Reactions: caipsnotes

Vuyyuru

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hey hi I need a small info I just received my gcms notes I see s.15(1) I see my security not started so my question is having s.15(1) will it delay my process time I got once gcms notes 2 moths ago it has s21 on it but the new one only have s.15(1) any insights are highly appreciated thank you @caipsnotes

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey hi I need a small info I just received my gcms notes I see s.15(1) I see my security not started so my question is having s.15(1) will it delay my process time I got once gcms notes 2 moths ago it has s21 on it but the new one only have s.15(1) any insights are highly appreciated thank you @caipsnotes
Hi there. Having these exemption codes will not delay your application in anyway. These codes only mean that information was withheld from disclosure for a specific reason and as a result it's redacted from the Gcms Notes. The redaction can be a sentence, a paragraph or even an entire page. As your file progress and new information is added to the Gcms system then the exemptions taken can also change. You can see the mapping of all the exemption codes here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/exemption-grid. Also, if you have the email from IRCC which included the Gcms file then that email will list all the exemptions that were applied to your file.

Vuyyuru

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi there. Having these exemption codes will not delay your application in anyway. These codes only mean that information was withheld from disclosure for a specific reason and as a result it's redacted from the Gcms Notes. The redaction can be a sentence, a paragraph or even an entire page. As your file progress and new information is added to the Gcms system then the exemptions taken can also change. You can see the mapping of all the exemption codes here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/exemption-grid. Also, if you have the email from IRCC which included the Gcms file then that email will list all the exemptions that were applied to your file.
Thank you for the update yeah I see it in the mail to

Reactions: masoud1388

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear All,

what is ‘Selection - EE Econ’ under Activities in GCMS notes? Previously it was ‘EE MI - Met’. Latest activity after two security related activities now shows ‘Selection EE Econ - passed’

Thanks
EE MI refers to Express Entry Ministerial Instructions https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

EE Econ refers to Express Entry Economic Classes

Reactions: masoud1388

Ryodin

Aug 5, 2020
Hi, it's possible it could be in enhanced security screening. Details about it are a bit opaque, we have some collected info from public sources at https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/ and https://cbsa-screening-manual.gcmsnotes.com/

You can have family in Canada request your CBSA/CSIS notes just the way it was done for the GCMS notes and it "may" giving you some more info.
Hi, I ordered CBSA notes, and I wanted to share with you what I understand about my application, maybe it could be helpful to you.

This was my situation :

Hi everyone, I received my GCMS notes - Spousal sponsorship / Outland applicant / AOR1 : 2019-11-13 / VO : Paris.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: passed 2020/04
Security: ( S15(1) in upper right corner )
Criminality: Passed 2020/04
Org Crime:
Medical: passed 2020/12
Misrepresentatlon:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE
Office: Paris
#XXXXXXXXXX

Security is blank--s15(1)--but in ACTIVITY/APPLICATION section status passed from :

Old value : Blank to New value : Not started. Around 2019/12 (estimated by using date of Meds)
then
Old value : Not started to New value : Blank S15(1). Around 2020/04 (after Eligibility passed). Here, my guess is that Security started.

My questions :

1 - What does PPV Location mean? And why is my Application stuck there since 2020/04/23 (3.5 months)?

I found on the forum several possible explanations for PPV : Prêt pour visa, Point of paper visa, ready for PRV. None of those seem to explain why it's taking so long to pass to Final: Approved.

The last note in GCMS was :
NOTES #
Created Date: 2020/04/22
Created By: JWXXXXX
Updated Date: 2020/04/22
Updated By: JWXXXXX
Restricted' No
Label: General
Office: Paris
Text
and CRIM entered, SVP ppv.

2 - If it's Security that's taking so long, then What does PPV stand for? since Ready for PRV or Prêt pour visa would mean that everything is passed, right ?
- From CBSA notes I understand that security was already done (2020/04/22) at the same time with criminality.
the term "SEC" for security in the notes was retracted in GCMS(IRCC) notes, but was there in the CBSA notes :

IRCC notes :

CBSA notes :

- Since security was entered 4 days after eligibility was passed, I assume that they started security before eligibility (maybe they changed the order?).

- PPV most likely means "Prêt pour visa" or something on those lines.

So, there was no update on my application since April despite the fact that every step was passed and security entered. 4 months of delay that I can't explain since the lockdown in France ended in May and they worked on my application during the lockdown.

2 days after the generation of the CBSA notes, my application status on ECAS changed to Decision Made (08/22) but still no PPR.

Conclusion : in my case CBSA notes answered my questions about security, but I still don't understand what took them 4 months to DM.

kanmmy792000

Sep 1, 2020
Good day @caips note.
Please i need to understand the major reason application may be transferred to AVO from CIO after eligibility and other paremeters are passed except security not started and info sharing in progress. Does it mean it has gone for further eligibility review or just for an officer at VO to initiate security and issue PPR? Plus does the whole process start all over again at the VO or the officer will just follow through with all the recommendation from CIO. Any reason to be worried because of the transfer ? file transfer reason is still eligibiltity despite been passed at CIO already.
your response will be most appreciated.