Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Good day @caips note.
Please i need to understand the major reason application may be transferred to AVO from CIO after eligibility and other paremeters are passed except security not started and info sharing in progress. Does it mean it has gone for further eligibility review or just for an officer at VO to initiate security and issue PPR? Plus does the whole process start all over again at the VO or the officer will just follow through with all the recommendation from CIO. Any reason to be worried because of the transfer ? file transfer reason is still eligibiltity despite been passed at CIO already.
your response will be most appreciated.

Thanks for reaching out. Not to worry about the transfer, more so if your Eligibility is already Passed.
Is your Eligibility Passed like in this example or is it based on a web form response? If your Eligibility is conclusively passed then Security screening will start thereafter. Transfers can happen due to workload distribution or to address issues during Eligibility review and the LVO may be more in tune with local customs, practices, etc. If you can share what the Assessment section on page 2 of your GCMS looks like, that will be helpful as well.

KEYLLLEIE

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
It's verifying the documents submitted, see more here
Thank you for your replying; however, I have checked the link you put, but could not find something helps me to understand which process is going on my file. It just shows that if applicant who submit their docs without missing anything, then they will get a AOR. If I don't miss anything from that website.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you for your replying; however, I have checked the link you put, but could not find something helps me to understand which process is going on my file. It just shows that if applicant who submit their docs without missing anything, then they will get a AOR. If I don't miss anything from that website.
Hi. Sorry if that was not of help. PS is about evaluating the application for next steps. What does the Assessment section on Page2 of your GCMS looks like?

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I applied for GCMS notes on 11 of Aug 2020.received d note in 29th of Aug.... Eligibility recommend interview, criminality passed,info sharing in progress...pls what is meaning...

KEYLLLEIE

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi. Sorry if that was not of help. PS is about evaluating the application for next steps. What does the Assessment section on Page2 of your GCMS looks like?
Eligibility PASSED
Security NOT STARTED
Hirv BLANK
Criminality PASSED
Org Crime BLANK
Medical PASSED
Misrepresentation BLANK
Info sharing COMPLETE
Other req BLANK
Final BLANK

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Eligibility PASSED
Security NOT STARTED
Hirv BLANK
Criminality PASSED
Org Crime BLANK
Medical PASSED
Misrepresentation BLANK
Info sharing COMPLETE
Other req BLANK
Final BLANK
Hi, thanks for sharing. Eligibility Review is Passed which is good as this is the most important stage in the entire process. Usually right after Eligibility is passed Security Screening will start. Once it starts the status will change from "Not Started" to blank (redacted); it will not show as in progress. After some time you can raise a web form to see if there any cues about the status of security screening.

KEYLLLEIE

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing. Eligibility Review is Passed which is good as this is the most important stage in the entire process. Usually right after Eligibility is passed Security Screening will start. Once it starts the status will change from "Not Started" to blank (redacted); it will not show as in progress. After some time you can raise a web form to see if there any cues about the status of security screening.
Thanks for your kind replying.
I am so tired to waiting to see the progress of security check.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does anyone help me what does
I received my gcms note today but not understood

Thank you.
PS means paper screening. This refers to the security stage where your application details pertaining to security are transmitted to the security agencies, i.e. CSIS and CBSA. It is referred to as Paper Screening as CSIS generates paper reports for each security screening it does, which is the overview of your address history, travel history, education, and work.

If your eligibility is passed, you need not worry, as security will be processed at its own pace and no input from you is required. To read on how security is done, and the security screening manual, see
https://bit.ly/3gTOYrE

You can also read my other posts available at #3,199

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please i need to understand the major reason application may be transferred to AVO from CIO after eligibility and other paremeters are passed except security not started and info sharing in progress. Does it mean it has gone for further eligibility review or just for an officer at VO to initiate security and issue PPR? Plus does the whole process start all over again at the VO or the officer will just follow through with all the recommendation from CIO. Any reason to be worried because of the transfer ? file transfer reason is still eligibiltity despite been passed at CIO already.
your response will be most appreciated.
The visa office that is reviewing your file and where your file ie transferred will depend on the kind of application being processed, where it was submitted electronically or in paper format.

For an Express Entry Application the following applies:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

However, if it is spousal sponsorship, the it will start at CPC Mississauga. After most of the processing is done, the application will be transferred to the Local Visa Office where the sponsored person resides to complete eligibility and initiate security. The transfer can be done even before eligibility or after eligibility.