+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes say PR approved in January, but no COPR/PPR letters or communication from IRCC

can.alb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
On GCMS notes I can see that they have started CoPR.
Okay thats good sign. you should receive email from them soon. I have not ordered gcmc notes as i was told that ordering notes would make your processing slow as they need to stop working on your file to provide accurate notes. i am not saying this to scare you or something but thats what i heard from someone. Could be wrong.
I am still waiting for an email haven't got anything. please update if you received any correspondence from them. thank you

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Okay thats good sign. you should receive email from them soon. I have not ordered gcmc notes as i was told that ordering notes would make your processing slow as they need to stop working on your file to provide accurate notes. i am not saying this to scare you or something but thats what i heard from someone. Could be wrong.
I am still waiting for an email haven't got anything. please update if you received any correspondence from them. thank you
GCMS notes are not done the same agents who finalise your application. My CoPR is assigned to one person, and that one person only will send me my CoPR. If anything, GCMS notes are great. It's been almost a month now so I hope you are right when you say I should receive them an email soon.

EDIT: "Does ordering GCMS slow the processing of the file or affect adversely? The answer is NO. Ordering GCMS is your right under the AIPT. It does not affect your file or your case in any way. On the contrary, in some cases since the officer working on your file has to review your file before it is sent out, does update documents received from other agencies and helps your file move forward." https://myimmitracker.com/en/news/gcms-the-facts-and-the-myths-a-complete-guide

If anything, ordering GCMS notes made the process faster in my situation, I sent voluntary ADRs by webform, and now they are processing my CoPR.

Last edited:
Reactions: felix-m

CanadaPleaseListen

Aug 14, 2020
P
GCMS notes are not done the same agents who finalise your application. My CoPR is assigned to one person, and that one person only will send me my CoPR. If anything, GCMS notes are great. It's been almost a month now so I hope you are right when you say I should receive them an email soon.

EDIT: "Does ordering GCMS slow the processing of the file or affect adversely? The answer is NO. Ordering GCMS is your right under the AIPT. It does not affect your file or your case in any way. On the contrary, in some cases since the officer working on your file has to review your file before it is sent out, does update documents received from other agencies and helps your file move forward." https://myimmitracker.com/en/news/gcms-the-facts-and-the-myths-a-complete-guide

If anything, ordering GCMS notes made the process faster in my situation, I sent voluntary ADRs by webform, and now they are processing my CoPR.
Hey whats ADR?

CanadaPleaseListen

Aug 14, 2020
Additional Documents Required.
Oh ohkay. So what did you send exactly in ADR? I am sick and tired of waiting. It’s been an year. I want to fasten the CoPR process smh. Per GCMS notes, my PR eligibility was finalised and PPR sent in March itself. But I have received no updates on cic account yet.

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Oh ohkay. So what did you send exactly in ADR? I am sick and tired of waiting. It’s been an year. I want to fasten the CoPR process smh. Per GCMS notes, my PR eligibility was finalised and PPR sent in March itself. But I have received no updates on cic account yet.
I wanted to prove that I am currently a resident in a Canada because I applied Outland but currently live in Canada. Two days after the webform, they started processing my CoPR. It’s been a month for me and still no CoPR.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Looks like they issue you the COPR or not depending on where you and your family members are right now. Those families which live apart will be hard to reunite this year.

CanadaPleaseListen

Aug 14, 2020
I had filled web form 2 weeks back for technical issue- that my PPR was lost in mail. And today i received mail from them
‘We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the request to resend your PPR letter was received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you’

is it a positive sign?

BreakingBad199

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
I had filled web form 2 weeks back for technical issue- that my PPR was lost in mail. And today i received mail from them
‘We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the request to resend your PPR letter was received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you’

is it a positive sign?
That is just an acknowledgement email, if you are inland, you will get the PPR email again but if outland, you will have to wait unfortunately.

CanadaPleaseListen

Aug 14, 2020
That is just an acknowledgement email, if you are inland, you will get the PPR email again but if outland, you will have to wait unfortunately.
I am an Outland applicant. Damn it! It’s never gonna be alright it seems. This all sucks. I am soooo tired!!!!
Why do Outland have to wait though? Any reason in particular?

Reactions: macaq

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
I am an Outland applicant. Damn it! It’s never gonna be alright it seems. This all sucks. I am soooo tired!!!!
I have my spouse outland and asked the same question through web form. The responsible officer replied me that due to the closure of the oversea visa offices, our COPR and visa have to be hold until oversea visa office are operational.

Reactions: CanadaPleaseListen

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
I'm on the same mood as you. Could you imagine been waiting for 16 months for a FSW-Outland? (AOR May 2019) I'm also ABSOLUTELY TIRED of all this. :(

• Sad
Reactions: CanadaPleaseListen