+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes -- Review Required for Eligibility -- Suggestions needed

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
My GCMS notes have arrived and it says what I feared most. It says that the documentation I provided does not contain information on my roles and responsibilities in the company. At the time of application, my employer refused to provide me a letter with roles and responsibilities (some indian employers do that). So I had thought of providing 'alternate' documents.

1. Letter signed by a senior colleague where he confirms my roles and responsibilities. This letter was notarized.
2. His visiting card with his signature on the back.
3. A basic employment letter from the employer which states that 'this guy works for us'.
4. Previously dated appointment letters issued by the employer.
5. A soft copy of an email where the HR person denies giving a detailed experience letter including roles and responsibilities.

I sent all these documents including a cover letter where I explain my situation in detail.

Despite all this, the VO thinks my documentation does not contain details of job roles and responsibilities.

I know for sure that I do not more to offer.

(1)
Can anyone suggest how I can address the situation?

(2)
The GCMS notes are as of 20-Jan and the second review's end date was 7-Feb. I got the notes today. Would it already be too late to appeal?

(3)
Also, do I wait for them to communicate with me and ask for any additional documents, or not wait for it?

Any suggestions whatsoever are most welcome.

MapleLeafCEC

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
2211/ 2134
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Twice: PCC for UK in Sept 2014 and Additional documents from work to support NOC in Nov 2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
Waived... RPRF: 06-11-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Have you received Medical Request/RPRF etc? What is your timeline?

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
MapleLeafCEC said:
Have you received Medical Request/RPRF etc? What is your timeline?
No. Only PCC request
I am a May '14 applicant. AOR received on 03-Jul-14.
PCC request on 27-Jan-15.
After I got GCMS notes today, I realized it had gone for additional review on 08-Jan-15.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just need to understand more details about the documents you have provided:
1. Did your senior list and acknowledges your roles and responsibility?
3. Can you provide more details regarding this basic employment letter? What is the exact content?
4. What is exactly inside this appointment letter?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
adipadi said:
(1)

(2)
The GCMS notes are as of 20-Jan and the second review's end date was 7-Feb. I got the notes today. Would it already be too late to appeal?

(3)
Also, do I wait for them to communicate with me and ask for any additional documents, or not wait for it?
Look, I don't work for CIC and can't say for sure what happens, but i don't think you need to sweat it just yet. It appears that first round review is basically like someone going through the application with a checklist - either it obviously meets the Ideal Application requirements, or it goes to second review by someone with more decision-making authority. Unfortunately, I think few applications are that clear cut, so many go to review. If the 2nd VO wants more evidence of your job duties, s/he will ask for it.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
jes_ON said:
Look, I don't work for CIC and can't say for sure what happens, but i don't think you need to sweat it just yet. It appears that first round review is basically like someone going through the application with a checklist - either it obviously meets the Ideal Application requirements, or it goes to second review by someone with more decision-making authority. Unfortunately, I think few applications are that clear cut, so many go to review. If the 2nd VO wants more evidence of your job duties, s/he will ask for it.
hi jes_ON, thanks for your input. Mine did not meet the ideal requirements from the start, but I tried all ways I could to make that right.

The due date on notes say 7th Feb; so its already gone by. I have yet not received any communication - neither a medical request nor a rejection nor request for additional documents. :(

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
retwant said:
Just need to understand more details about the documents you have provided:
1. Did your senior list and acknowledges your roles and responsibility?
3. Can you provide more details regarding this basic employment letter? What is the exact content?
4. What is exactly inside this appointment letter?
hi retwant, here goes:
1. Did your senior list and acknowledges your roles and responsibility? --> Yes. On top of it, I got the letter notarized.
3. Can you provide more details regarding this basic employment letter? What is the exact content? --> It states my designation, dates of employment and salary. That is it.
4. What is exactly inside this appointment letter? --> This letter states details of my assignment in Canada, including my roles and responsibilities, details on projects I will be working on etc. The catch is that the letter is dated prior me entry into Canada - it does not state that I did all that during my 'CEC qualifying period'.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
adipadi said:
My GCMS notes have arrived and it says what I feared most. It says that the documentation I provided does not contain information on my roles and responsibilities in the company. At the time of application, my employer refused to provide me a letter with roles and responsibilities (some indian employers do that). So I had thought of providing 'alternate' documents.

1. Letter signed by a senior colleague where he confirms my roles and responsibilities. This letter was notarized.
2. His visiting card with his signature on the back.
3. A basic employment letter from the employer which states that 'this guy works for us'.
4. Previously dated appointment letters issued by the employer.
5. A soft copy of an email where the HR person denies giving a detailed experience letter including roles and responsibilities.

I sent all these documents including a cover letter where I explain my situation in detail.

Despite all this, the VO thinks my documentation does not contain details of job roles and responsibilities.

I know for sure that I do not more to offer.

(1)

(2)

(3)

Any suggestions whatsoever are most welcome.
Hi Adipadi ,
calm down my friend , some times 1st VO who review your eligibility just provide first impression of your application and 2nd VO who review your application check all supplementary doc which you attached in absence of your missing Roles/duties letter form employer and decides

From my own experience I can say you , it depends on VO to VO in my case I also not provided employer reference letter and 1st VO recommended passed in my case . BUT may be 2nd VO who will finally review my Application can put objection (before moving my status from recommend passed ---> Passed), who knows.

The Document which I attached in absence of reference letter :
- Pay stub for last 12 month
- email reply printout Letter form my manager stating my employer can't issue R& R letter as per company policy. (This played reallyin my case , As VO mentioned applicant provided rejection letterwhere his manager mentioned according to company policy they can't issue letter)
- letter from Employer stating my sal and position in company and duration with them
- My latest contract extension letter provided by employer.
- My Roles and responsibility which I do in plain paper
- cover letter mentioning my situation

Now coming to your situation :

Bullet 1, 2 will not help you , 3,4,5 is OK and in your support .

There is not much you can do now ,

What do you mean by late to appeal ? my friend CIC will not reject your application just like random , they will give you a fair chance to provide your justification also (if 2nd VO also not satisfied with your supplementary docs)

I will suggest just wait for CIC next move and believe me I know more than 10-12 in my friend circle who are PR now and they also not provided R & R letter

Good Luck and don't worry :)

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adipadi said:
hi retwant, here goes:
1. Did your senior list and acknowledges your roles and responsibility? --> Yes. On top of it, I got the letter notarized.
3. Can you provide more details regarding this basic employment letter? What is the exact content? --> It states my designation, dates of employment and salary. That is it.
4. What is exactly inside this appointment letter? --> This letter states details of my assignment in Canada, including my roles and responsibilities, details on projects I will be working on etc. The catch is that the letter is dated prior me entry into Canada - it does not state that I did all that during my 'CEC qualifying period'.
That means you have provided what you can do. Knowing that CIC has been criticized recently due to their high error, they might have to tighten their process, and unfortunately, you have to bear that.

Have you ordered more GCMS? That way by next month you will know the progress going on right now...

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
CEC_1304 said:
Hi Adipadi ,
calm down my friend , some times 1st VO who review your eligibility just provide first impression of your application and 2nd VO who review your application check all supplementary doc which you attached in absence of your missing Roles/duties letter form employer and decides

From my own experience I can say you , it depends on VO to VO in my case I also not provided employer reference letter and 1st VO recommended passed in my case . BUT may be 2nd VO who will finally review my Application can put objection (before moving my status from recommend passed ---> Passed), who knows.

The Document which I attached in absence of reference letter :
- Pay stub for last 12 month
- email reply printout Letter form my manager stating my employer can't issue R& R letter as per company policy. (This played reallyin my case , As VO mentioned applicant provided rejection letterwhere his manager mentioned according to company policy they can't issue letter)
- letter from Employer stating my sal and position in company and duration with them
- My latest contract extension letter provided by employer.
- My Roles and responsibility which I do in plain paper
- cover letter mentioning my situation

Now coming to your situation :

Bullet 1, 2 will not help you , 3,4,5 is OK and in your support .

There is not much you can do now ,

What do you mean by late to appeal ? my friend CIC will not reject your application just like random , they will give you a fair chance to provide your justification also (if 2nd VO also not satisfied with your supplementary docs)

I will suggest just wait for CIC next move and believe me I know more than 10-12 in my friend circle who are PR now and they also not provided R & R letter

Good Luck and don't worry :)
Thanks for the kind words, CEC_1304. It is hard not to worry, but I will try.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
retwant said:
That means you have provided what you can do. Knowing that CIC has been criticized recently due to their high error, they might have to tighten their process, and unfortunately, you have to bear that.

Have you ordered more GCMS? That way by next month you will know the progress going on right now...
Yeah. I ordered GCMS notes again yesterday. I also called them this morning. They said that what they can see that my review date was initially 7-Feb - now they have moved it out to 30-Aug. They did not give a reason why, but said recommended that I wait for CIC to contact me before making any move on my own of appealing or sending additional documents.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
adipadi said:
Yeah. I ordered GCMS notes again yesterday. I also called them this morning. They said that what they can see that my review date was initially 7-Feb - now they have moved it out to 30-Aug. They did not give a reason why, but said recommended that I wait for CIC to contact me before making any move on my own of appealing or sending additional documents.
what ?? :eek: :eek:
now review date for you moved from feb 7 to 30 Aug 2015 .
what CIC is doing

headsafety

Dec 13, 2014
If you are MAY applicant u should not expect that second review will be completed soon........In my case too it was reviewed by officer 1 and then he made a note for Review By Officer and then the officer sent me a letter asking for documents. I replied them back in September after that no news from them. They first put due date for second review in dec and then they postponed it to Feb. Still no reply.
So i will suggest just wait , i know this wait will be really painful but that is what we are going through :(
Best Of Luck