+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes - FUNDS

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Pippin said:
You can obtain them through a Canadian company. Just google. I think they charge between $45-60. Otherwise, get a Canadian friend or family member to do it on your behalf $5.
I would refrain from risking your personal info through any company as they are definitely circumventing the procedure laid down by the government hence your personal information safety would not be guaranteed from any protection under the law. If you have friends or family that you can trust try that route.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Guys need help who already ordered for GCMS note. I am trying to register for GCMS note while I am filling the form I am confused in two places

Seniors please correct me if I am wrong

1. *Are you requesting information on your own behalf? In my idea answer should be "YES "

next question is

2.*Select the category that best describes you. --There are 5 option to select

In my opinion in that case I should select- Member of the Public: This category captures all other members of the public who require information for their own purposes.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iceberge said:
Guys need help who already ordered for GCMS note. I am trying to register for GCMS note while I am filling the form I am confused in two places

Seniors please correct me if I am wrong

1. *Are you requesting information on your own behalf? In my idea answer should be "YES "

next question is

2.*Select the category that best describes you. --There are 5 option to select

In my opinion in that case I should select- Member of the Public: This category captures all other members of the public who require information for their own purposes.
Yes, and choose it under the Privacy Act, as it won't cost you anything that way.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
dobes said:
Yes, and choose it under the Privacy Act, as it won't cost you anything that way.
Thank for reply dobes, can I assess my GCMS note if I select Privacy Act.

There are two option

1.Access to information act
2.Privacy Act

After selecting Privacy Act would I be able to access my note.

lastly how would I access the note, like how to open the note to see my status.

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
My concern is, I said No to job offer as I did not have LMIA, I am on a PGWP (which expired end of August and on implied status now)

I got invited under FSW Inland April 17, May 4 AOR and ECAS In process August 15.

I showed just little lower than minimum funds through bank statements and a letter from my bank. Additionally I showed my last year's T4, NOA and my employment letter with my salary.

Has anyone done the same? I am fearing rejection because of my proof of funds :( :( :(

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
ranjk89 said:
My concern is, I said No to job offer as I did not have LMIA, I am on a PGWP (which expired end of August and on implied status now)

I got invited under FSW Inland April 17, May 4 AOR and ECAS In process August 15.

I showed just little lower than minimum funds through bank statements and a letter from my bank. Additionally I showed my last year's T4, NOA and my employment letter with my salary.

Has anyone done the same? I am fearing rejection because of my proof of funds :( :( :(
I submitted T4, NOA, bank letter, 6 months bank statement even though I have job offer supporting by LMO. As I mentioned amount in EE application therefore I required to provide proof of fund in PR application.

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Are you invited under CEC? What doc did they request you so far?

iceberge said:
I submitted T4, NOA, bank letter, 6 months bank statement even though I have job offer supporting by LMO. As I mentioned amount in EE application therefore I required to provide proof of fund in PR application.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iceberge said:
Thank for reply dobes, can I assess my GCMS note if I select Privacy Act.

There are two option

1.Access to information act
2.Privacy Act

After selecting Privacy Act would I be able to access my note.

lastly how would I access the note, like how to open the note to see my status.
You just fill in the rest of the form and wait a month. It will come by email 30 days after you ask for it.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranjk89 said:

I hope you let us know what happens! It seems to me that if they think of it logically, then of course an ongoing salary could fill the proof of funds requirement, which is meant to demonstrate that you can support yourself in Canada. But if they think of it in some rulebound, bureaucratic way, then they may demand funds in the bank. So I think you have reason to be optimistic, and I hope you let us know when you get PPR.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
dobes said:
You just fill in the rest of the form and wait a month. It will come by email 30 days after you ask for it.
Thanks again dodes. I have submitted the GCMS application I received a mail it said

You have successfully submitted your request under the Privacy Act to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

The information and documents that you provided will be reviewed and processing will begin shortly.

30 after I can access notes omg. I thought I can access my note/information now, lolz its long wait.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
ranjk89 said:
Are you invited under CEC? What doc did they request you so far?
I invited under CEC for fund I requested to proof fund, It said something like proof means fund, bank letter, bank statement was optional nothing else, but NOA & T4 I provided by myself to be safe side.

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Got PPR this morning around 2AM.

ITA April 17 FSW Inland

Aor May 4

In process Aug 15

DM Sep 25

PPR Oct 1

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ranjk89 said:
Got PPR this morning around 2AM.

ITA April 17 FSW Inland

Aor May 4

In process Aug 15

DM Sep 25

PPR Oct 1
Yay!! And congratulations!! FSW, right? And, if you don't mind, can you tell us how far under the required amount you had in the bank? SOO glad this worked out for you!

When I went to the border, they asked me for proof of funds OR proof of employment, so bring your most recent paystubs with you when you go to land. Good luck!!

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks a lot :)

I am relieved it worked out, Not by much, I think it was less than 500 CAD. But I did submit my T4, NOA, most of my pay stubs and current employment letter along in the proof of funds in a single document.

Note that, I did not maintain the balance during the application processing, I was well under 6000 CAD at some point in between around June - July.

dobes said:
Yay!! And congratulations!! FSW, right? And, if you don't mind, can you tell us how far under the required amount you had in the bank? SOO glad this worked out for you!

When I went to the border, they asked me for proof of funds OR proof of employment, so bring your most recent paystubs with you when you go to land. Good luck!!