GCMS notes - FUNDS

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am curious about the notes about Funds in my GCMS notes. Basically, over and over, the note is:

FUNDS
FSW Minimum Funds: Met
FSW Funds Exempt: Y

Does anyone else have this notation in GCMS notes? What was your status? Mine was inland, FSW, working on open work permit, no LMIA.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
I am curious about the notes about Funds in my GCMS notes. Basically, over and over, the note is:

FUNDS
FSW Minimum Funds: Met
FSW Funds Exempt: Y

Does anyone else have this notation in GCMS notes? What was your status? Mine was inland, FSW, working on open work permit, no LMIA.
Bumping shamelessly. I'm really curious what other people saw about funds in their GCMS notes. Why does it seem to say that we were exempt from funds? IS that what it says? Is it because I have a job and proved the salary? It's a question I've wanted answered since the beginning.... anyone?

Reactions: Alex222333

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
dobes said:
Bumping shamelessly. I'm really curious what other people saw about funds in their GCMS notes. Why does it seem to say that we were exempt from funds? IS that what it says? Is it because I have a job and proved the salary? It's a question I've wanted answered since the beginning.... anyone?
Did you have a job offer under a LMIA?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kateg said:
Did you have a job offer under a LMIA?
No. That's why it's interesting to me. I answered 'yes' to job offer and 'no' to LMIA. Then I provided the job offer, reference letter, T4, NoA.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
dobes said:
No. That's why it's interesting to me. I answered 'yes' to job offer and 'no' to LMIA. Then I provided the job offer, reference letter, T4, NoA.
That is a really interesting question. A bunch of us at my work are inland, FSW, with LMIAs and we had to show funds. Those notes seem to imply that you didn't.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
That is a really interesting question. A bunch of us at my work are inland, FSW, with LMIAs and we had to show funds. Those notes seem to imply that you didn't.
It's a question I've wondered about all along. We think we know that FSW applicants have to show funds. But is it enough to have them in the form of a Canadian salary? Or - are all inland applicants with jobs somehow exempt from showing funds, not just CEC applicants? I wish more people with GCMS notes would check theirs and report, along with their classification and whether they have an LMIA.

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I am inland FSW with no job offer and I am still in school in Canada so have not yet used my Post graduate work permit. Mine says NO on the exempt question.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW inland.

my notes say:
minimum Funds Met
FSW funds exempt N

you have the Y there because of the answers you put in and what it generated.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
FSW inland.

my notes say:
minimum Funds Met
FSW funds exempt N

you have the Y there because of the answers you put in and what it generated.
Yes - but which answers? CIC knew (and wrote) that 1) I didn't have an LMIA or PNP, 2) I was invited under FSW, and 3) I did indeed have a job offer and job, though not a "valid" one. Nowhere in CIC's guidelines does it say that FSW invitees without LMIA are Funds-exempt. So what was the set of circumstances that made me exempt? Was it because I qualified for CEC - something that is also noted again and again? I am hoping it was my ongoing open-permit Canadian job, which many other people have as well.

Purplesnow (BTW, I like your name) - did you say 'no' to the job offer question? Did you qualify for CEC?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I qualified for CEC and FSW. I'm in Canada, open work permit, no LMIA.
I put no for job offer as mine doesn't have an LMIA. The majority of the GCMS casenotes are computer generated, just from the profile we submit. So you saying yes to job offer probably just generated the Y to funds exempt.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys can outlanders order GCMS notes ??
Can u plz share the link ??

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
I qualified for CEC and FSW. I'm in Canada, open work permit, no LMIA.
I put no for job offer as mine doesn't have an LMIA. The majority of the GCMS casenotes are computer generated, just from the profile we submit. So you saying yes to job offer probably just generated the Y to funds exempt.
Oh, good, you were qualified for CEC too, so it wasn't that. Then my only other question, and one I probably won't be able to answer, is - was it a mistake because of my 'Yes' answer to job offer, or did that job offer actually mean I didn't have to show funds. My list of documents included a section to show I could support myself, but it didn't use the proof of funds language - something like, means of financial support. I did have the bank documents and submitted them, but also submitted my T4 and NoA.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
sunil55 said:
Hey guys can outlanders order GCMS notes ??
Can u plz share the link ??
You can obtain them through a Canadian company. Just google. I think they charge between $45-60. Otherwise, get a Canadian friend or family member to do it on your behalf $5.