+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes Delays - You can file a complaint(Under privacy act)

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I applied for a set in Nov 2021 and received it in 31 days. Ordered another set Dec 1 2021 and still haven’t received it. I assumed because of holidays there would be a potential delay. Has anyone tried ordering like the above video advises? I’ve not tried it yet. I always select under Access to Info Act, since it’s on behalf of my spouse living outside of Canada. Since I’m the sponsor can I try ordering via Privacy Act?
I ordered on November 20 but still nothing. I already sent a follow up email 3 times to the atip email but to no avail.

veronvillanueva30

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
I applied for a set in Nov 2021 and received it in 31 days. Ordered another set Dec 1 2021 and still haven’t received it. I assumed because of holidays there would be a potential delay. Has anyone tried ordering like the above video advises? I’ve not tried it yet. I always select under Access to Info Act, since it’s on behalf of my spouse living outside of Canada. Since I’m the sponsor can I try ordering via Privacy Act?
I also applied on Nov 2021 and have not received it yet. You’re lucky you got yours from Nov. Even my cbsa notes are delayed I got an email asking for an extension for another 50 days. I guess there is nothing to do but wait at this point because everything is delayed.

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I also applied on Nov 2021 and have not received it yet. You’re lucky you got yours from Nov. Even my cbsa notes are delayed I got an email asking for an extension for another 50 days. I guess there is nothing to do but wait at this point because everything is delayed.
Yeah it’s so frustrating because these notes are our lifeline, since the online accounts don’t update at all. Ours hasn’t updated since July 2021, despite them approving me as a sponsor amongst other things (according to the first set of notes). Also the notes helped me discover that they misspelled my email address months ago and that’s why I never received correspondence from them this whole time! So messed up. Anyways I agree all we can do is wait at this point. You said they emailed you asking for another 50 days, what does that mean exactly?

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
i have just gone through 2 pages and i see that even GCMS notes are being delayed :( which is really sad as this is literally the ONLY way to see what is the Status of our Application ... checking the relevant ATIP pages it seems that the wait is from 30 to 90 days even .. i had made my request on Dec 16th 2021 and we are closing in on Jan so i guess i cant even submit a request of status to ATIP until March 2022 ? or just wish that i get my notes sooner then that.

don't know if i should wait more or call or email. Has anyone received their notes after emailing ATIP atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca and what is their response time frame do they reply in a timely manner ?

Reactions: tully

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
Today one of my friend who got gcms and he applied on 7th December. I think the problem is only with the november applicants.
i dont think its just the Nov Applicants .. i applied Dec 16th and im yet to hear back

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
To anyone who’s received a copy of their notes after the 30 day period, was the info in the notes outdated? For example I applied for notes Dec 1, it’s obvi been over 30 days. If I had received the notes on Jan 1st the way I was suppose to the notes would only be outdated by 1 month but if I receive the notes by feb 1st will the notes be outdated by 2 months? Cuz I know the ircc has been working on my file within this last month so would that reflect on the notes or would I only get the info from December ? Sorry if this is confusing but if anyone could elaborate that would be great

veronvillanueva30

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
To anyone who’s received a copy of their notes after the 30 day period, was the info in the notes outdated? For example I applied for notes Dec 1, it’s obvi been over 30 days. If I had received the notes on Jan 1st the way I was suppose to the notes would only be outdated by 1 month but if I receive the notes by feb 1st will the notes be outdated by 2 months? Cuz I know the ircc has been working on my file within this last month so would that reflect on the notes or would I only get the info from December ? Sorry if this is confusing but if anyone could elaborate that would be great
Yup it would be outdated for sure. I ordered my notes on November 20, 2021 and received it only in January. The data on the notes were only until November 30, 2021 that was the last time someone worked on my file.

tully

Oct 5, 2020
i have just gone through 2 pages and i see that even GCMS notes are being delayed :( which is really sad as this is literally the ONLY way to see what is the Status of our Application ... checking the relevant ATIP pages it seems that the wait is from 30 to 90 days even .. i had made my request on Dec 16th 2021 and we are closing in on Jan so i guess i cant even submit a request of status to ATIP until March 2022 ? or just wish that i get my notes sooner then that.

don't know if i should wait more or call or email. Has anyone received their notes after emailing ATIP atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca and what is their response time frame do they reply in a timely manner ?
I ordered on 23rd Oct still didnt get the notes. Almost three months.

• Wow
Reactions: knighthunter001

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Yup it would be outdated for sure. I ordered my notes on November 20, 2021 and received it only in January. The data on the notes were only until November 30, 2021 that was the last time someone worked on my file.
That makes it pointless then :rolleyes: the 30 period was frustrating enough but anything beyond that isn’t even worth getting then

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
I ordered on 23rd Oct still didnt get the notes. Almost three months.
That is just insane .... did you reach out to ATIP ? and if so did they reply in a timely manner ? I'm thinking of emailing them to ask for the status and just thinking is it worth it or not ?

tully

Oct 5, 2020
That is just insane .... did you reach out to ATIP ? and if so did they reply in a timely manner ? I'm thinking of emailing them to ask for the status and just thinking is it worth it or not ?
I sent reminders via email, didnt work though. Can I reach out through a phone? Is there contact number?