+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes Delays - You can file a complaint(Under privacy act)

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Hi everyone,

*** Applicable only for who ordered GCMS notes under the Privacy Act ***

I know a lot of the folks are waiting for the GCMS notes to see insights into the PR application. Unfortunately, we are seeing a lot of delays.
The General Timeline is 30 days to respond. They might take another 30 days of relaxation if they need it and can't go beyond that (which means 60 days at max).

If you are not getting GCMS notes after 60 days, you can make a complaint and the team will investigate the reason. (I'm not saying to file a complaint here, I'm just exploring an option which we have ).

Below are more details

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do

1. Can I lodge a complaint related to the Privacy Act?
    A:
    Yes, you may lodge a complaint about any matter related to your Privacy Act request. You may also lodge a complaint if you believe that a government institution has not respected your privacy rights. Complaints must be submitted in writing to:
    Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
    30 Victoria Street
    Gatineau, Quebec
    K1A 1H3
    Or you may submit your complaint online at: Online Complaint Form.

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/

1-800-282-1376

It's up to individuals whether to file a complaint or not. But there is an option to see what's going on with GCMS notes delay.
If you make a complaint, I don't know what are the next steps and how that will affect your PR application. (At least the Agent who answered that call (1-800-282-1376) said that there is no connection between your PR application with this complaint. ).

I got the above info and sharing it here. Just for Informative purposes. End of the day.. it's the Individual to decide.

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
Hi everyone,

*** Applicable only for who ordered GCMS notes under the Privacy Act ***

I know a lot of the folks are waiting for the GCMS notes to see insights into the PR application. Unfortunately, we are seeing a lot of delays.
The General Timeline is 30 days to respond. They might take another 30 days of relaxation if they need it and can't go beyond that (which means 60 days at max).

If you are not getting GCMS notes after 60 days, you can make a complaint and the team will investigate the reason. (I'm not saying to file a complaint here, I'm just exploring an option which we have ).

Below are more details

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/

1-800-282-1376

It's up to individuals whether to file a complaint or not. But there is an option to see what's going on with GCMS notes delay.
If you make a complaint, I don't know what are the next steps and how that will affect your PR application. (At least the Agent who answered that call (1-800-282-1376) said that there is no connection between your PR application with this complaint. ).

I got the above info and sharing it here. Just for Informative purposes. End of the day.. it's the Individual to decide.
Since this August I have ordered GCMS notes for 3 times But none of them has got replied.
Nowadays we are suggested not to inquire our application status via hotline or webform, So applying for GCMS notes is the only available way.

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Since this August I have ordered GCMS notes for 3 times But none of them has got replied.
Nowadays we are suggested not to inquire our application status via hotline or webform, So applying for GCMS notes is the only available way.
GCMS notes is only way to know insights. If that one too is quite delayed... then not sure how frustrating it is.

ani2325

Sep 27, 2021
My profile says you do not need a medical exam. We will let you know if that changes. Does anyone else have that in their profile ?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I waited 60 days to get notes from CBSA (they sent me one notice of extension)... Things would be so much easier if they just provided more detailed application statuses on the official website/IRCC portal. Such a waste of resources.

Reactions: tonymeland

Pavibals

Aug 12, 2021
Can anyone share their timeline for GCMS notes application. I applied on august 14, 2021 and still have not received it

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Can anyone share their timeline for GCMS notes application. I applied on august 14, 2021 and still have not received it
Note: If you do not receive a response within 30 days, you may obtain the status of your request by contacting the ATIP Division via:

• e-mail: ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca;
    or
  • mail:
    Access to Information and Privacy Division
    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 1L1

From: cic.gc.ca -- https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=464&top=1

Pavibals

Aug 12, 2021
I tried it several times and last week they said they will release the note shortly and i haven’t received it yet

metalist

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I ordered GCMS on Oct 13th and still haven't got it. 60 days gone. I will complain and see what will happen.