Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Hey

I got my GCSM notes yesterday for the visa rejections that happened 1 year ago.

Profile: Did UG degree in business management from UK and returned to India right after and applied for Global business management 2 year PG certificate course at Humber because my 15 years of education is not enough for masters.

First rejection note: Application refused for the following reasons: PA is going for a 2 year course in Business management. This is a graduate level program. PA has done his Bachelors in Business management. The course is cda appears to be a repeat and not a logical progression in Pa's education. Given the info. before me, I am not satisfied as to why PA would spend that much money to do the course in Cda(Canada). PA is young, single and demonstrates weak ties to the home country. I am not satisfied that applicant is a genuine student nor that the applicant is an intending temporary resident who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay

The weird thing is it says I was going for a PG course in global business management and VO has mentioned it as just a business management PG course??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile for second rejection: Applied for Post baccu in International business at Thompson Rivers University (2 years)

Rejection notes:Prev refusal noted. PA has provided new LOA for a different college neow. Proposed studies are a repetition of what PA has studied in UK. No logical progression of studies. Document from UK do not appear credible. Proposed course at such great expensive given pa's academic background is not justified. I am not satisfied application is a bonafide student. I am therefore not satisfied that applicant is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student. Weighting the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to selection section R216(1)(b) of IRPA. Refused

If im not eligible for masters, I can sure only apply for PG program in a relevant field. My UK document was the degree and transcripts which were notarized( what else is there even to prove ? shoudent they have just contact the university instead??)

These note just makes my rejections even more confusing because I applied for PG only because I couldn't apply for masters with just 15 years of education. Global business management is actually the area of my interest and the first rejection says I have applied for business management and not global business management ( a mistake on the VO part perhaps?)

Any advice would be helpful because I am trying for other countries now and I will still applying for global / international business management as a masters program, if eligible or PG program.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In reality there is very little difference between a business management course and a global business management course. The VO knows this.

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
True. But I am not eligible for Masters at all :(.

I find the rejections as unfairly judged.

MNM2014

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Hey Zat,

Did you express your consent of coming back to your home country after your education in your SOP???

If No, then try to consolidate all their concerns and include in your SOP and give a final shot before you drop Canada as an option.

Regards.

reena143

Aug 2, 2014
zat said:
True. But I am not eligible for Masters at all :(.

I find the rejections as unfairly judged.
How do you know you are not eligible for Masters? Did you try applying for any University? As far as I know, Canadian univ.s do not insist on 16-year education, unlike the US.

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
reena143 said:
How do you know you are not eligible for Masters? Did you try applying for any University? As far as I know, Canadian univ.s do not insist on 16-year education, unlike the US.
I had asked around at Canadian edu fairs and agents and all of them said most universities would not accept my 3 year degree.

Are you applying for the notes?

reena143

Aug 2, 2014
zat said:
I had asked around at Canadian edu fairs and agents and all of them said most universities would not accept my 3 year degree.

Are you applying for the notes?
Sit at home and browse the Internet for Canadian universities that accept 3-year bachelor's. I know there are quite a few but for that,are you willing to do the hard work on your computer? It will involve countless hours of browsing...

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
reena143 said:
Sit at home and browse the Internet for Canadian universities that accept 3-year bachelor's. I know there are quite a few but for that,are you willing to do the hard work on your computer? It will involve countless hours of browsing...
I had obviously done my research then. Why else would I have gone for PG instead of masters?

What alarms me is that they said my degree is not authentic enough.

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zat said:
Hey

I got my GCSM notes yesterday for the visa rejections that happened 1 year ago.

Profile: Did UG degree in business management from UK and returned to India right after and applied for Global business management 2 year PG certificate course at Humber because my 15 years of education is not enough for masters.

First rejection note: Application refused for the following reasons: PA is going for a 2 year course in Business management. This is a graduate level program. PA has done his Bachelors in Business management. The course is cda appears to be a repeat and not a logical progression in Pa's education. Given the info. before me, I am not satisfied as to why PA would spend that much money to do the course in Cda(Canada). PA is young, single and demonstrates weak ties to the home country. I am not satisfied that applicant is a genuine student nor that the applicant is an intending temporary resident who would depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for stay

The weird thing is it says I was going for a PG course in global business management and VO has mentioned it as just a business management PG course??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile for second rejection: Applied for Post baccu in International business at Thompson Rivers University (2 years)

Rejection notes:Prev refusal noted. PA has provided new LOA for a different college neow. Proposed studies are a repetition of what PA has studied in UK. No logical progression of studies. Document from UK do not appear credible. Proposed course at such great expensive given pa's academic background is not justified. I am not satisfied application is a bonafide student. I am therefore not satisfied that applicant is not applying for unknown reasons other than studies and as such would be a genuine student. Weighting the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to selection section R216(1)(b) of IRPA. Refused

If im not eligible for masters, I can sure only apply for PG program in a relevant field. My UK document was the degree and transcripts which were notarized( what else is there even to prove ? shoudent they have just contact the university instead??)

These note just makes my rejections even more confusing because I applied for PG only because I couldn't apply for masters with just 15 years of education. Global business management is actually the area of my interest and the first rejection says I have applied for business management and not global business management ( a mistake on the VO part perhaps?)

Any advice would be helpful because I am trying for other countries now and I will still applying for global / international business management as a masters program, if eligible or PG program.
Dear, have u obtained Caips or GcSM? How did u get it? I also want it?

FrankJ

Feb 4, 2014
Korea
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront medicals
I just applied for my CAIPS online with CIC, paid $5, it was a straight forward application. Does anybody have idea how long it will take to come out?

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
fazeel said:
Dear, have u obtained Caips or GcSM? How did u get it? I also want it?
I suppose I got the GCSM notes directly through http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/requests-atip.asp.

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
FrankJ said:
I just applied for my CAIPS online with CIC, paid $5, it was a straight forward application. Does anybody have idea how long it will take to come out?
They say it would take 30 days and I got mine in exactly 30 days. so ya :)