+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKey - Now what?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

I managed to open a GCKey account and this is what I see:

You last signed in with your GCKey on Wednesday, January 04, 2023 at 12:01:09 ET.
From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions, Manage Your Email Address or Revoke Your GCKey.
To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.
Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

Options
Side navigation (right column)

Date modified: 2022-06-01

Seems pointless to me. Am I missing something? There is nowhere to see anything about the application and when I select the continue button it takes me to a government website that I could access without credentials. Am I doing something wrong? Accounts have been created for both sponsor and applicant and we both see the same useless information. We applied online so there is no paper app to link. We have the PR Tracker account but that hasn't been updated since October and have since received SA and requests for biometrics and medical in December. What am I missing? Thanks!

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Click on continue
accept T&C
then you will land on a page where you can add your application

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Click on continue
accept T&C
then you will land on a page where you can add your application
I've done that. It takes me to a public government website that I can use to get onto ECAS but we submitted an online application and therefore are unable to use ECAS. Whenever we fill in all the fields it tells us our application cannot be found regardless of the combination of ID's, sponsor vs applicant info we provide.

I've googled GCKey, I've tried to look for videos, threads, some form of instructions and there is nothing. I has accessed the tracker but it is literally never updated. Whenever I log back into the GCKey account, it tells me my credentials have been revoked even though I've done nothing and so now I have 4 accounts, all being as useless as the ones before them. I'm beyond frustrated. Any ideas would help. Thanks,

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
I've done that. It takes me to a public government website that I can use to get onto ECAS but we submitted an online application and therefore are unable to use ECAS. Whenever we fill in all the fields it tells us our application cannot be found regardless of the combination of ID's, sponsor vs applicant info we provide.

I've googled GCKey, I've tried to look for videos, threads, some form of instructions and there is nothing. I has accessed the tracker but it is literally never updated. Whenever I log back into the GCKey account, it tells me my credentials have been revoked even though I've done nothing and so now I have 4 accounts, all being as useless as the ones before them. I'm beyond frustrated. Any ideas would help. Thanks,
I got your issue. It happens sometimes. and sometimes a lot of times with few users.
Issue: it redirects users to another place rather than logging in to view applications.
Try to log in from other devices like mobile, iPad or tablet and some other computer from where you did not sign up.

spso

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hi all,

I managed to open a GCKey account and this is what I see:

You last signed in with your GCKey on Wednesday, January 04, 2023 at 12:01:09 ET.
From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions, Manage Your Email Address or Revoke Your GCKey.
To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.
Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

Options
Side navigation (right column)

Date modified: 2022-06-01

Seems pointless to me. Am I missing something? There is nowhere to see anything about the application and when I select the continue button it takes me to a government website that I could access without credentials. Am I doing something wrong? Accounts have been created for both sponsor and applicant and we both see the same useless information. We applied online so there is no paper app to link. We have the PR Tracker account but that hasn't been updated since October and have since received SA and requests for biometrics and medical in December. What am I missing? Thanks!
Happens to me all the time.. then i have to keep trying it multiple times.. 3 to 4 times..try different browsers, use incognito mode etc before it will finally let me in. I have also noticed that it is worse when I am on VPN. So if you are VPN, try disabling it before you login

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
I got your issue. It happens sometimes. and sometimes a lot of times with few users.
Issue: it redirects users to another place rather than logging in to view applications.
Try to log in from other devices like mobile, iPad or tablet and some other computer from where you did not sign up.
I will try that. Thank you.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Happens to me all the time.. then i have to keep trying it multiple times.. 3 to 4 times..try different browsers, use incognito mode etc before it will finally let me in. I have also noticed that it is worse when I am on VPN. So if you are VPN, try disabling it before you login
I did manage to finally get my application linked to my GCKey (the 5th account worked), but now every time I go back in I have to relink it. Then I get 2 emails: 1 telling me I've successfully linked the application followed by another stating that my application has been unlinked from my account. This whole process is asanine.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Make sure you’re using chrome. I can’t get in at all on my iPad but works fine on the pc.
I was using a desktop and Chrome. It seems to be working now. I'm not sure what the issue was but it has settled and isn't revoking my credentials anymore. :rolleyes: