+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKey login loop

imthenachoman

Jul 26, 2018
Does anyone know how to fix the infinite login loop when using GCKey?

I log in, and at different stages in the login process it will go back to https://canada.ca/. Sometimes it is right after logging in, sometimes it is after security question, and sometimes it is after clicking accepting terms and conditions. It just keeps looping.

It does eventually let me log in. Sometimes it lets me through the first time, and sometimes I have to go through the loop 20+ times before it takes me to my applications page.

Does anyone know how to fix the maddens?

I submitted a technical support request using the WebForm but they said to clear my cookies/cache and try a different computer -- none of which worked. I've even tried different computers, browser types, and OSs.

I tried @CitImmCanada on Twitter but they did not know how to fix it. https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1017139702569275393

Last edited:

amgose

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Same issue for me. I clear history & cache. Sometime still it does not work. I use internet explorer & google chrome alternately.

I know it's annoying but keep on clearing history then alternating browsers. If it's taking forever, take break and try again after an hour or so.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Same issue for me. I clear history & cache. Sometime still it does not work. I use internet explorer & google chrome alternately.

I know it's annoying but keep on clearing history then alternating browsers. If it's taking forever, take break and try again after an hour or so.
Use the incognito mode on your browser every time you login. This is the only work around that is working.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Solution is use safari to open u account if safari is doing the same then use chrome.

If one is not working other will work.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Does anyone know how to fix the infinite login loop when using GCKey?

I log in, and at different stages in the login process it will go back to https://canada.ca/. Sometimes it is right after logging in, sometimes it is after security question, and sometimes it is after clicking accepting terms and conditions. It just keeps looping.

It does eventually let me log in. Sometimes it lets me through the first time, and sometimes I have to go through the loop 20+ times before it takes me to my applications page.

Does anyone know how to fix the maddens?

I submitted a technical support request using the WebForm but they said to clear my cookies/cache and try a different computer -- none of which worked. I've even tried different computers, browser types, and OSs.

I tried @CitImmCanada on Twitter but they did not know how to fix it.
I discovered that, at times, after several logins and logouts, you encounter loop.
Also, if you use multiple accounts on the same browser, one of them may encounter loop.

What I do is to use alternative browsers; other times, I clear cache & cookies.

Reactions: Winner Man

Winner Man

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Yaounde, CMR
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
IRCC
NOC Code......
I discovered that, at times, after several logins and logouts, you encounter loop.
Also, if you use multiple accounts on the same browser, one of them may encounter loop.

What I do is to use alternative browsers; other times, I clear cache & cookies.
OK

Amd912

May 26, 2021
Yes, often this is the problem with the website.
An easy alternate that has been working for me is using the French version of the website while logging in.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Yes, often this is the problem with the website.
An easy alternate that has been working for me is using the French version of the website while logging in.
I see...
That too, is another issue.

Reactions: Winner Man

pferdestarke

Aug 9, 2017
Hello,

Follow the simple hacks provided here: http://www.mystudytimes.com/fix-canada-cic-website-gckey-login-loop/

This method worked for me.
Even these didn’t work for me. Apparently, people using Kaspersky Internet Security and using Firefox see the problem more often. Disabling Kaspersky is not a good solution, given the importance and confidentiality of the data we send to the site.

Using Chrome, the below steps have more luck:
1. Clear browser history, cache and cookies.
2. Disable Kaspersky browser extension (plug-in)