+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKey login loop

sallomeya

Feb 7, 2022
Unfortunately, even if you were lucky to enter your username, either the loop continues or you likely receive error 403 page.
However, I had success in chrome (Kaspersky still on) with a combination of several methods and submitted my application yesterday.

Your goal is to get the username-password page (with methods 1-4 in combination with the 5th below). If you happen to get it and enter your username and password, you will most likely succeed further by just keeping applying the 5th.

1. as many suggest, delete cookies to break the loop (in my case only partly) and get to the welcome page with username and password.

2. enter a wrong username/password (or a wrong security question answer. It seems to help break the loop. Combine it with method 5.

3. try logging in in two pages simultaneously - in a regular chrome page and in an incognito page as suggested here by pantherstoner - https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/f09y87 Combine it with method 5 below.

4. alternatively, after you enter your correct username/pass, it may keep you in the loop. You may stay in the loop for 2-3 of rounds and see if it suddenly takes you straight to the next step (without even repeating username/pass) - the Agree page or even to the security question page. Sometimes it happens. Combine it with method 5 below.

5. Whenever you get 403 page - always use it- just to go back to the previous page whenever you receive the error and repeat your action on that previous page. If it doesn't work, repeat going back and forth 1-5 times, and you will finally get where you need.
You may either get the error403 page while logging in or later, e.g. during uploading your documents. Always try going back and forth in this case. Though with several attempts (back-forth), it always worked for me.

tlarl

Jan 10, 2023
After nearly throwing my computer out of the window and then coming across this thread, I thought i'd add my experience
Chrome Incognito - Kept looping
Edge Private - Worked once and then kept throwing 403 Errors

As a last ditch attempt and against my better judgement I tried Internet Explorer which worked! So there's another one to add to the list of things to try

shcaliskan

Jan 11, 2023
Does anyone know how to fix the infinite login loop when using GCKey?

I log in, and at different stages in the login process it will go back to https://canada.ca/. Sometimes it is right after logging in, sometimes it is after security question, and sometimes it is after clicking accepting terms and conditions. It just keeps looping.

It does eventually let me log in. Sometimes it lets me through the first time, and sometimes I have to go through the loop 20+ times before it takes me to my applications page.

Does anyone know how to fix the maddens?

I submitted a technical support request using the WebForm but they said to clear my cookies/cache and try a different computer -- none of which worked. I've even tried different computers, browser types, and OSs.

I tried @CitImmCanada on Twitter but they did not know how to fix it.

This situation is still continuing. Any ideas other than clear cache?