+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gap in validity of passports during eligibility period

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Hello all,

I'm bit confused on application form 14.a for my situation.

My older passport was expired in early 2017 and after 6 months, i applied new one and got it. The reason for gap is that, there were no plans to travel. Now my confusion is that,

- should i check: "Yes, complete details below in Table A" and fill Table A with 2 passport details only
or
- should i check "No, complete details below in Table B" and fill Table B only explaining why there was gap
or
- Should i check, "Yes, complete details below in Table A" but fill both Table A with 2 passport details and Table B with reason stating "No plans to travel from --- to ---. so there is gap"
or
- Should i check, "No, complete details below in Table B" but fill both Table A with 2 passport details and Table B with reason stating "No plans to travel from --- to ---. so there is gap"

Sorry, not sure why i'm over complicating this. :) My best guess is option 3 but like to check with you guys.

Thanks in advance for your help.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello all,

I'm bit confused on application form 14.a for my situation.

My older passport was expired in early 2017 and after 6 months, i applied new one and got it. The reason for gap is that, there were no plans to travel. Now my confusion is that,

- should i check: "Yes, complete details below in Table A" and fill Table A with 2 passport details only
or
- should i check "No, complete details below in Table B" and fill Table B only explaining why there was gap
or
- Should i check, "Yes, complete details below in Table A" but fill both Table A with 2 passport details and Table B with reason stating "No plans to travel from --- to ---. so there is gap"
or
- Should i check, "No, complete details below in Table B" but fill both Table A with 2 passport details and Table B with reason stating "No plans to travel from --- to ---. so there is gap"

Sorry, not sure why i'm over complicating this. :) My best guess is option 3 but like to check with you guys.

Thanks in advance for your help.
- Should i check, "Yes, complete details below in Table A" but fill both Table A with 2 passport details and Table B with reason stating "No plans to travel from --- to ---. No valid passport held." makes more sense. They will focus on the gap if you don't explain it clearly.

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
- Should i check, "Yes, complete details below in Table A" but fill both Table A with 2 passport details and Table B with reason stating "No plans to travel from --- to ---. No valid passport held." makes more sense. They will focus on the gap if you don't explain it clearly.
Thanks Zardoz for your reply. Just to confirm, no need to fill any additional forms or separate sheet to fill it right? Just filling table A with 2 passport details and table B with what you described.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks Zardoz for your reply. Just to confirm, no need to fill any additional forms or separate sheet to fill it right? Just filling table A with 2 passport details and table B with what you described.
I don't think so. You are providing complete and truthful information. If there is a query from IRCC, you will have the opportunity to explain further.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
I am a citizen now and i also had the same problem. I clearly mentioned that i did not have any travel plans and i was looking to get a day off from my work to apply for the new passport. It was accepted and they didn't even ask a question about it.

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
I am a citizen now and i also had the same problem. I clearly mentioned that i did not have any travel plans and i was looking to get a day off from my work to apply for the new passport. It was accepted and they didn't even ask a question about it.
Thanks Fsarosh for your reply. just to double check, you have filled both Table A and Table B, right?

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013