+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

gaining the remaining work experience after invitation for PR

Mar 14, 2020
I am currently in the pool for Canadian Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class with 2 weeks short of 1 year of Canadian work experience. However, the system has awarded me points for 1 year of experience due to only month and year required to specify the duration of the work experience.

In future draws, if I am invited to submit my documents for permanent residency within the 60 days deadline and I am able to start a job in my NOC field after the invitation and complete the remaining two weeks of work time after the said invitation.

Will the final two weeks of experience be recognized and accepted after the invitation?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

MEC= minimum entry requirements for a Program. For CEC, MEC=one year minimum of skilled work experience in Canada.

Requirement to maintain the MEC
Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR.
If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to such a degree that their qualifications fall below the MEC, the application must be refused under section A11.2. The officer must also consider whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program to which they are applying or for misrepresentation.