+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gaining PR as a Disabled Person?

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by ChocoBar, Nov 2, 2019.

  1. Hi all. Sorry if this isn't the right forum, the titles are a bit confusing.

    Anyway, I am a physically and mentally disabled person in the USA at the moment. I do not have any SSI or disability assistance here, but I am not physically or mentally capable of performing a job of any kind. From what I understand of the immigration process to Canada, you kind of have to have a job there or something along those lines.

    My question is: how would someone like me go about immigrating to Canada if I have no job and cannot perform one at all? Is there a special process for a permanently disabled person? What would I have to do in order to go about this?
  2. No way to immigrate. Would research disability and other programs in the US.
  3. What would change if I were on disability?
  4. Nothing in terms of immigrating to Canada. I believe the previous poster is suggesting ways for you to support yourself in the US.
    canuck78 likes this.
  5. Being on disability would help you live a better life in the U.S.

    As said above, there is no possibility for you to immigrate to Canada.

Share This Page