+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gaining PR as a Disabled Person?

ChocoBar

Nov 2, 2019
Hi all. Sorry if this isn't the right forum, the titles are a bit confusing.

Anyway, I am a physically and mentally disabled person in the USA at the moment. I do not have any SSI or disability assistance here, but I am not physically or mentally capable of performing a job of any kind. From what I understand of the immigration process to Canada, you kind of have to have a job there or something along those lines.

My question is: how would someone like me go about immigrating to Canada if I have no job and cannot perform one at all? Is there a special process for a permanently disabled person? What would I have to do in order to go about this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all. Sorry if this isn't the right forum, the titles are a bit confusing.

Anyway, I am a physically and mentally disabled person in the USA at the moment. I do not have any SSI or disability assistance here, but I am not physically or mentally capable of performing a job of any kind. From what I understand of the immigration process to Canada, you kind of have to have a job there or something along those lines.

My question is: how would someone like me go about immigrating to Canada if I have no job and cannot perform one at all? Is there a special process for a permanently disabled person? What would I have to do in order to go about this?
No way to immigrate. Would research disability and other programs in the US.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What would change if I were on disability?
Being on disability would help you live a better life in the U.S.

As said above, there is no possibility for you to immigrate to Canada.