+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Furtherance letter for medical exam

SatyaMetla

Jul 11, 2019
Your application has some red flags so there isn’t any guarantee you will get the permit but given that they are checking for things like an aortic aneurysm a CT scan is something you needed anyway.
Ya. Even i was having some positive expectations when they were asking for further medical test.
And i was asked for CT Scan due to an abnormal x-ray which showed mild mediastinal widening.

SatyaMetla

Jul 11, 2019
I’m done with my medicals and gave my medicals. And on CIC it shows medicals completed and still it shows reviewing eligibility requirements. It’s nearly been a month since I applied and my college starts on January 2nd week, I’m little tensed about the visa.

Track001

Dec 10, 2018
I’m done with my medicals and gave my medicals. And on CIC it shows medicals completed and still it shows reviewing eligibility requirements. It’s nearly been a month since I applied and my college starts on January 2nd week, I’m little tensed about the visa.
Congrats bro, mine is a bit complicated.

My child had seizures at the time of her birth and currently she is on certain antiepileptic drugs.

Two weeks after submission of my new born medical, I called my PP and she informed that she got an email from Canada High Commission requesting additional medical letter which should be provide by my child's Pediatric Neurologist.

PP informed us that the letter must included (Medical History, Physical Examination, Diagnosis, management and prognosis (for next 5- 10 years)).

My child's pediatrician gave a summary letter which briefly covers all the points requested by the high commission.

Now, I am confused like how much detailed the letter should be, since I have provided with all the details during the initial medical examination.

Drizzy

Aug 4, 2016
hello peeps, please what is the update on this.
i have done my ME on the 18 jan then, the physicians sent me to another hospital to perfom additional analysis, what i have done and the results has being sent back to the first clinic i went to. those one have forwarded all my results to the immigration on 09feb. however i just got an email asking me for a furtherance request letter. of course i went to the clinic were ive performed my test and they said all the informations needed has already been transmitted….
if anyone has been in such case any direction is very welcome.thanks :)
I got a similar request for a furtherance request letter. What documents did you submitted on MyCIC account, after you went through the medical tests for the second time?
Thanks!

Track001

Dec 10, 2018
Gents a quick update from my side. I uploaded my daughters furtherance letter on 12 Dec 2019 and my profile was updated on 13th Dec 2019 and it shows medical passed on 13 Dec 2019.

Cheers

Reactions: maxiie

2alipa

Apr 8, 2020
I received a Furtherance letter for medical exam (see below). I called the clinic where I performed my medical exam but they said they should receive the note first from CIC regarding the additional testing. So it seems that CIC already asked me to do additional medical tests but in my the clinic said they cannot find anything yet in my eMedical file

This refers to your application for permanent residence / temporary residence in Canada. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your e-Medical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another e-Medical enabled panel physician. A list of all panel physicians can be found here: The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

Anyone knows what's going on here?
hi, any update on this one? I am currently in the same situation.Thanks

Roannetology

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hi..i recieved also the medical furtherance after upon reviewing my procedural fairness response due to excessive demand. Do we have a chance to get our pr? Thank you

Roannetology

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
This is my first time to do the medical furtherance scheduled on june 2, 2020 after my first medical. Because of the excessive demand my doctor switched my medication to lower cost.

SahilR

Jul 7, 2019
Ok I see I got my furtherance letter on my first medical..I already passed ..did you passed your medical? are you inland ?

Roannetology

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
From my first medical they found out that i had leukemia. They gave us procedursl letter. I submitted the responsed couple weeks ago.just yesterday i got medical furtherance. And wondering what type of medical exam they perform on me. Any idea if the medical furtherance means we have a chance to get our pr?