+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FURTHER MEDICAL TEST

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
Usually means that your chest x-ray wasn’t clear. Could be a result of anything from your past but in certain regions they want to rule out TB. Further tests doesn’t mean automatic approval but you didn’t get automatic refusal which you get soon after applying.

Would warn you that if your plan is to try to immigrate to Canada if you do get the study permit you may run into issues with medical inadmissibility when applying for PR. Your kidney transplant will be closer to the 15 yr mark which means you may start having more expensive problems and eventually need a new transplant. Nobody can predict the future but certainly something to consider.
thank you so much..

Varmini

Apr 23, 2021
hi.. yes i gave my sputum sample last april 14, 2021. still waiting for the result. it will usually take 8-10 weeks. but my eligibility started last april 25, 2021 and also medical result in being reviewed.
Did u gave ur biometrics?
I have a doubt...after giving biometrics only will our medicals get reviewed?
Because today i filed my visa for sept intake..
Doctor told me that I'm igra positive and may get further test request through mail..but i didn't get any mail.
My consultant asked me to file visa so that we might get mail when the medical being reviewed..

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
Did u gave ur biometrics?
I have a doubt...after giving biometrics only will our medicals get reviewed?
Because today i filed my visa for sept intake..
Doctor told me that I'm igra positive and may get further test request through mail..but i didn't get any mail.
My consultant asked me to file visa so that we might get mail when the medical being reviewed..
i am done with my biometrics last 2019 when i applied for a visitor's visa

Reactions: Dolphin-wit

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
Hey, Hope all is well. Did you get your sputum culture results? Also, are you required for 2nd x-ray?
hi! my sputum test is on its 7th week now.. they told me to wait 8-10weeks for the result.. no further test is required as of now. hoping to get a negative result.. will update this thread soon

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
hi! my sputum test is on its 7th week now.. they told me to wait 8-10weeks for the result.. no further test is required as of now. hoping to get a negative result.. will update this thread soon
Thanks, it seems my timeline is same as yours, my last sputum sample collection was on Apr 14th, I was told 6-8 weeks and a repeat x-ray on Jun 28th. Meanwhile, I received a correspondence letter of biometrics that triggered me anxious. Hope for the best!

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Thanks, it seems my timeline is same as yours, my last sputum sample collection was on Apr 14th, I was told 6-8 weeks and a repeat x-ray on Jun 28th. Meanwhile, I received a correspondence letter of biometrics that triggered me anxious. Hope for the best!
wait u got bvl before your medical get updated to pass ?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Yes, the correspondence letter of BVL came May 31st, is this normal or something concerning?
if you got bvl before your medical gets updates. it;s a bad sign. usually they issue bvl after people pass admissibility in case of approval. but seen different cases with complicated medical cases. good sign that if it was refusal it would have come with bvl or 1-2 days after it . remember with ircc bad news comes fast and first.

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
if you got bvl before your medical gets updates. it;s a bad sign. usually they issue bvl after people pass admissibility in case of approval. but seen different cases with complicated medical cases. good sign that if it was refusal it would have come with bvl or 1-2 days after it . remember with ircc bad news comes fast and first.
Thanks, I have not received a refusal as yet so probably will hold my hopes for now, will continue to wait for culture test report and will comply with repeat x-ray on Jun 28th, fingers crossed.

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
I got my sputum test report today, Genxpert test - negative, AFB Smear test - negative, AFB culture test - negative, its all negative!. Scheduling for repeat x-ray on 28th this month. Have you received you results as yet?

Reactions: chhandak

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
I got my sputum test report today, Genxpert test - negative, AFB Smear test - negative, AFB culture test - negative, its all negative!. Scheduling for repeat x-ray on 28th this month. Have you received you results as yet?
no result yet. from which country are you? here in the Philippines they told me to wait 8-10 weeks for the result. i emailed the clinic where i had my test but told me that my result will be available AFTER JUNE 10. so i have no choice but to wait. congrats on your result!!

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
no result yet. from which country are you? here in the Philippines they told me to wait 8-10 weeks for the result. i emailed the clinic where i had my test but told me that my result will be available AFTER JUNE 10. so i have no choice but to wait. congrats on your result!!
I am from India; its strange though, the medical test procedure at least in my opinion should be same regardless of country, but hang in there, I know its negative for you as well!

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
I am from India; its strange though, the medical test procedure at least in my opinion should be same regardless of country, but hang in there, I know its negative for you as well!
well i think it depends on the clinic or facility where u had the test.. canada doesnt have control on the facility's own policy or protocol.. im kinda worried actually since i only have little time to submit my student permit to my school before the deadline

maria61816

Star Member
Mar 28, 2021
well i think it depends on the clinic or facility where u had the test.. canada doesnt have control on the facility's own policy or protocol.. im kinda worried actually since i only have little time to submit my student permit to my school before the deadline
i am kinda confident thou, coz the nurse from the clinic where i had my sputum test told me to expect a call within a month if i am positive. so far its been 8 weeks and no call from them..