+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time work with full time study = PR Eligibility ?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Hi All,

I have been studying full time for Bachelors degree in India but in the last whole year of pursuing my degree I have also managed full time work of about 8 hours Mon-Fri in India as a 21 years old Indian Citizen (because my full time college is just for 5 hours, 7am to 12pm post which i go to work from 1pm to 10pm), am I eligible for one year of full-time work experience CRS points according to the below requirement or it will be considered part time / invalid?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation
LINK
- https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Note - I have an employment letter stating my full time work tenure, and pay cheques too.

Please guide asap. Thank you very much.

Ajaypal23

Aug 11, 2022
Hi, Were you able to claim the points for the same? Also, were there any concerns raised around doing full time study with full time work during the PR process? Did you provided any LOE? I am in the same. You response would be much appreciated!

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Hii ,
I did ame ( aircraft maintenance and engineering course) which is of three years full time ( begain in 2017 and ended on 2021 ( one year extended due covid) ) .

So ,on July 2021 I completed my education from India and on Oct 2021 I got my first job offer from a company located in Nepal .

After 6 months ,since my ame course is considered to be Diploma I decided to enroll for bachelor program in one of Indian university while being in Nepal and doing my full time job in related field.Here I go to university to write exams and submit assignments only ,rest of time I Carry on with my job .

So will the experience and degree both
be considered for express entry in Canada? Or I have to drop one to show genuineness of other .

I had a doubt bcz working in nepal and holding Nepali citizenship , authority may ask how come you do both full time study and work and once ?

Anyone familiar with the case plz enlighten me on this . would be helpful.